Generation S – Issue #090 – Down Amongst the Dead(…mines) – Publication 09.06.2016

((Why yes, we ARE still alive and running. 
Life happens sometimes, and between our lives and the extensive complications of a few certain changes made by WordPress that have made editing the logs somewhat distinctly more… ‘fun’… this log (and others) are a more than a year overdue. 
This will hopefully be just the first in a small run of catch-ups– a deliberate stylistic change has meant logs are a little fewer and farther between, as they are meant to embody their titular ‘Issue’ concept and contain a completed, coherent story segment, rather than posting simply what progress had been made week over week.

To those who read, and remain, thank you for your patience, and your patronage. 

Without further ado, We continue our adventures…

 Warmest Regards,
~The Storyteller~   ))

06[17:15] * @Wraxian pauses for a moment, seemingly lost in thought, or simply weighing options before they proceed.
[17:17] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Anything else we need to know, before we begin?”
06[17:17] * @Anne_Montelepre has one hand on her Cross Fleury, ready to pull.
06[17:20] * @Wraxian runs one hand over her ever-present satchel, her head lowering, almost as if she is hesitant.
06[17:22] * @Hector` lifts his stone arm. “I’m good, so far anyway.”
06[17:22] * @Damion_Cross clears his throat, before playing a hunch. “How would you gauge our odds of survival, Wraxian?”
[17:23] <@Shinjiro-kun> Zero per cent?
06[17:26] * @Wraxian types quickly, shaking her head faintly. “That is a very broad inquiry, Damion Cross. Even acting with presumption that your focus was narrowed to this particular scenario… yet that is not…”
06[17:30] * @Wraxian ‘s typing stops, before resuming again in a burst of speed, her lips pursed faintly, breaking the flow of her thoughts to pluck pointedly at her very tattered and jerry-rigged blouse, a long way from its original pristine condition. She then gestures at her PLD with her typing hand before she resumes doing so, her features once again set as she finishes her thoughts and presses enter. “My current methodology of communication is… inherently flawed. I would request that you allow my attempt to… correct… this problem, experimentally, before we begin.”
[17:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “‘Experimentally’? How–?”
06[17:39] * @Shinjiro-kun raises a brow as he waits for Wraxian to explain.
06[18:02] * @Wraxian reaches into her satchel, retrieving five clear, double-hand sizes cases. She offers one to each of them, and within they find what appears to be strange pairs of metal and wiring ears, linked together by a solid band of metal and circuitry. The ears themselves seem to mostly be decorative, almost barrette-style anchors to assist the Band in place. The ‘ears’ are different for each individual: Hector’s are clearly a larger cat’s ears; December’s designed to fit around her existing fox ears; Anne’s are small and simian; Damion’s are more like little horns, perhaps like a lizard of some manner; and Shinjiro’s resembling a small set of traditional Oni horns, as would be found in any kabuki theater.
06[18:07] * @Damion_Cross holds his up, a wry grin tugging at the corners of his mouth. “You trying to tell me something?”
06[18:08] * @Anne_Montelepre apparently came to a similar conclusion, if her blush is any indication.
06[18:13] * @Wraxian wordlessly offers a one-shouldered shrug in response to both.
06[18:15] * @Anne_Montelepre, likewise, tries to (also wordlessly) change the subject, by putting the new ‘Ears’ on, and testing to see if they interfere with her Voice of God. (As best she can tell, they don’t.)
06[18:16] * @Shinjiro-kun just eyes the ears, his expression saying it all: What? What?
06[18:18] * @Hector` takes his pair without hesitation, doffing his beret for the moment to slide the ears on before he perches the military hat on over them. Hector turns to December and grins, broadly. “How’s it look, babe?”
06[18:22] * @Wraxian reaches behind her, tugging at what appeared to be a loose wire at the collar of her fraying blouse, briefly exposing that port at the nape of her neck, gently sliding a plug home into it, she closes the apertures on her goggles, breathing slow and steadily.
06[18:26] * @Hector` blinks, turning to look at Wraxian. “Is this telepathy or just subvocalization?”
06[18:26] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, smiling as what the other girl was going for finally dawned on her. “Yeah, I can hear you, Wraxian.”
06[18:28] * @December seems hesitant at first, but grins widely seeing Hector and his jaunty chapeau settled atop the new ears, carefully aligning the metal and wire behind her own fluffy ears. “Ah li’yk’ih.”
[18:32] <@Wraxian> “Not telepathy, Hector Leone. Bone conduction and wireless broadcasting technologies intermingling with several… other… experiments.”
[18:35] <@Hector`> Subvocalization. Got it.
06[18:39] * @Damion_Cross shrugs, slipping his on, then checking his reflection in a random shiny object in the hall, noting the small (but vaguely saurian, he thought) horns.
[18:39] <@Damion_Cross> “…Clever girl.”
[18:39] <@Damion_Cross> ((OOC: Sorry. Had to. :p))
[18:42] <@Wraxian> “All systems functional, Damion Cross?”
06[18:48] * @Damion_Cross nods, giving a thumbs up. “All good, here.”
06[18:49] * @Shinjiro-kun eyes the Oni horns with a combination of amusement and distaste before he gingerly takes them, sliding them into place and ensuring that the horns just barely peek out from his hairline.
06[18:52] * @Wraxian turns her head to Shinjiro, regarding him as her voice transmits to the others, her lips never moving. “Additionally- in your realm of subvocalization, Hector Leone- this should allow for long-range communications between any of the Band, potentially without the need for any expenditure of sound.”
[18:56] <@Hector`> How are you transmitting the compressed signal? Are you using body salts as a transmission medium, like a PAN card? That’d kill the range, though…
06[19:04] * @Wraxian shakes her head gently. Perhaps alarmingly, her inner voice is apparently even colder than her normal speaking voice, an abrupt, chill winter wind. “I shall explain later, if necessary. If you are comfortable with the functionality, we may proceed.”
[19:08] <@Shinjiro-kun> It seems to be functional, at least.
06[19:08] * @Anne_Montelepre starts at this, unable to hide her surprise entirely.
06[19:29] * @Wraxian, upon receiving no further feedback, presses her hand against the interface once again, and doors open slowly, a fine, gentle white mist drifting out of the Torii archway, obscuring whatever lies within.
06[19:31] * @Shinjiro-kun holds his sword in hand as he watches the mist swirl. “Well? Shall we venture through the mist?”
[19:31] <@Hector`> … fuck. We’re gonna have to die five times ‘fore we figure out this dude’s pattern.
06[19:35] * @Anne_Montelepre squints, attempting to focus through the fog… ((Penetrating Glare))
[19:36] <@Logicalmob> ((Ahh, there’s my problem: I’d the wrong music on!! *fixes))
[19:37] <@Storyteller> |There does not seem to be anything but more mist, behind the mist.|
[19:43] <@Hector`> … yup, there’s a Dark Souls boss through this shit. Aw, fuck me.
06[19:44] * @Anne_Montelepre half-turns towards the others, pointing towards her eyes then shaking her head. She then then points towards their front, into the mist, the question in her eyes obvious…as is the fact that she seems to be willing herself to be as quiet as possible.
06[19:47] * @Wraxian shakes her head again. “It is not programmed to be lethal, Hector Leone.”
[19:49] <@Damion_Cross> “Hector? I think you wanted to see what I could do with these?”
[19:51] <@Hector`> With your gats? Yeah.
06[19:53] * @Damion_Cross hands disappear into his sleeves for a moment, reappearing holding one silver derringer each, four soft-but-sharp snaps as he cocked the double-barreled firearms.
06[20:01] * @Anne_Montelepre, still looking into the fog, finally shrugs and starts forward… still not drawing a weapon, though. “Someone cover me: guess I’ve got point.”
[20:05] <@Hector`> You sure? I don’t mind.
06[20:06] * @Shinjiro-kun raises his sword parallel to the ground, holding it with one hand. “I am covering you.”
[20:18] <@Storyteller> |On the other side of the fog, as they pass through, enduring only the briefest of misty cold discomfort, they enter into what is obviously some sort of tunnel, roughly hewn stone carved out of the earth leading forwards into an open room that branches off out of immediate line of sight.|
06[20:21] * @Shinjiro-kun keeps his sword pointed forward as he covers Anne’s 1 through 6.
06[20:23] * @Anne_Montelepre, apparently, had had enough of the chill: by the time the chill subsides, she had her usual horizon-bleu battle-dress on (1l, Tailor Made).”Heads up; this widens out a bit, here.”
06[20:25] * @Damion_Cross deliberately hangs back a bit, pistols in hands and actively trying to remain as silent — and actively invisible — as possible. (2L, Absorb Light)
06[20:29] * @Hector` stalks along, hanging behind Anne’s left side. He doesn’t activate any Boons, choosing to go in with all of his power ready to go rather than committing any.
06[20:39] * @Wraxian walks through the mist, about as confidently as would be expected, presuming, at least, that she has some idea of what is on the other side, finding a place amongst the group to move and stalk in silence, without any above normal active attempt at invisibility.
06[20:39] * @December looks around curiously, her tail swishing forth and back, trying not to scowl as they move forward, flanking along behind them all as per usual.
[20:50] <@Storyteller> |The tunnel opens up into a small room, the branches all appearing to be stubby dead ends at its corners, the tunnel continuing on at the far side. Glimmers and glints of metal in the walls more than speak for the general purpose of the area, as if the sound and movement on the far side of the room were not explanation enough. Small, rat-like humanoids in coveralls and hard hats mill forth and back, occasionally taking a pick to the walls, as huge, nine foot tall brutish creatures with yellow-orange skin roar at them to work faster.|
06[20:53] * @Hector` looks around, raising an eyebrow. “Are we… is this the Doozers’ warren?”
[20:55] <@Damion_Cross> *quietly, almost a whisper on the wind* “That, or we’ve struck Svirfneblin…”
06[20:56] * @Wraxian no longer has to make the Band wait for her oh so awaited for responses. “What is a Doozer, Hector Leone?”
[20:57] <@Hector`> They’re the little guys who build structures for the Fraggles to eat.
06[21:00] * @Wraxian just researches that in silence without asking the inevitably vacuous follow up question.
06[21:01] * @Anne_Montelepre remains silent, instead reaching down to the garter-like belt on her right thigh and palming one of her Fairbairn daggers and setting sights on one of the strangely-tinted giants.
[21:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Might we assume a three-Tick Aim, here?))
[21:03] <@Wraxian> ((Yes, you are free to start an engagement how you please.))
[21:03] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Moment while I find new music–I mean, check Anne’s sheet. ^^ ;; ))
[21:10] <@Hector`> (Pulling up some epic music.)
[21:11] <@Hector`> ( https://youtu.be/yr8zGcm_foc )
[21:18] <@Shinjiro-kun> (I am ready for combat.)
[21:21] <@Storyteller> |The large creatures aren’t wearing much in the way of protection, little more than loincloths covering their dust and grime laden bodies. One or two, farther down the tunnel, appear to be wielding large makeshift clubs, but the one closest, and the rest, carry whips.|
[21:30] <@Damion_Cross> ((All right)) /me settles on her target: not the nearest, but one roughly in the middle of the room, who appears (to her, anyway) to be winding up for a whip strike. Her eyes grow positively venomous… but she says nothing, trusting in the dagger, sailing end-over-end, to announce both her presence well enough. ((3-tick Aim, then Thrown.))
[21:31] <@Storyteller> ((roll it, but the stunt clearly goes to Damion ;) ))
06[21:31] * @Hector` lets Anne make the first move, waiting to see how the battle lines develop before he decides what bombshell to drop.
[21:31] <@Damion_Cross> (((GAAAAH!!!!!))
06[21:31] * @Anne_Montelepre settles on her target: not the nearest, but one roughly in the middle of the room, who appears (to her, anyway) to be winding up for a whip strike. Her eyes grow positively venomous… but she says nothing, trusting in the dagger, sailing end-over-end, to announce both her presence well enough. ((3-tick Aim, then Thrown.))
[21:35] <@Storyteller> ((okay okay you can have the stunt))
<+Anne_Montelepre> !roll 13 11
[18:30] <+Zer0> , 10 , 8 , 10 , 2 , 6 , 5 , 4 , 1 , 9 , 8 , 3 , 1 , 6
[18:30] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 18
59] <+Anne_Montelepre> !roll 26 7
[18:59] <+Zer0> , 10 , 4 , 10 , 4 , 2 , 9 , 2 , 4 , 1 , 4 , 4 , 10 , 7 , 3 , 5 , 5 , 4 , 10 , 2 , 7 , 1 , 2 , 2 , 7 , 7 , 2
[18:59] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 20
[19:00] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((Impressive, but this IS a Spray-Tanned Giant we’re dealing with here. :p ))
[19:05] <@Storyteller> ((were you aiming for anything specific?))
[19:07] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((IIRC, she hasn’t attempted a ranged attack in combat. She won’t seek specific targets till she’s more sure of herself.))
[19:23] <+Hector`> (So she hits Hulk Ogan for 20 minus his lethal soak.)
[19:26] <@Storyteller> |The dagger embeds itself in the giant orange humanoid’s ribcage, eliciting a roar of confusion and pain, it stumbles backwards away from the rat-things, flailing its stubby trunk-like legs as it plunges backwards onto its bottom and clutches its side. The rat-things jump as it falls, looking around for the source of the Trumped up thing’s agony.|
06[19:30] * +Anne_Montelepre obliges them, her voice loud–and uncharacteristically cold, her face a mask of icy fury…almost as if she’d forgotten that this was a training scenario. “Dosde faster.”
[19:31] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((*Dodge))
[19:31] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((Damnit, and I thought I was building that up so well… :( ))
[19:32] <+Zer0> (Doge faster. Such accurate. Very power.)
[19:35] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((*THWAP*))
[19:37] <+Zer0> (Wow!)
[19:37] <+Anne_Montelepre> ((^^;;))
[19:40] <@Storyteller> |Despite clearly being enslaved in some fashion, the short rodent-y critters nevertheless seem to jump to the tanned monstrosity’s defense, picking up their digging tools and surrounding it, eyeing Anne and company with malice in their eyes.|
06[19:42] * +Anne_Montelepre ‘s eyes widen, her entire expression screaming ‘Wait, WHAT?!’
[19:44] <@Logicalmob> ((Now roll Join Battle?))
[19:44] <@Storyteller> ((yessir))
[19:45] <+Damion_Cross> !roll 8 7
[19:45] <+Zer0> , 6 , 5 , 9 , 7 , 2 , 8 , 6 , 8
[19:45] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 11
[19:45] <+Anne_Montelepre> !roll 9 11
[19:45] <+Zer0> , 1 , 7 , 3 , 8 , 9 , 7 , 3 , 8 , 10
[19:45] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 18
[19:47] <+Hector`> !roll 9 4
[19:47] <+Zer0> , 2 , 6 , 10 , 4 , 1 , 2 , 9 , 5 , 4
[19:47] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 7
[19:47] <+Shinjiro-kun> (I would like to Open the Gambit.)
[19:48] <@Wraxian> !roll 10 4
[19:48] <+Zer0> , 4 , 9 , 6 , 3 , 5 , 7 , 6 , 8 , 2 , 5
[19:48] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 7
[19:53] <@Storyteller> ((So Shinjiro… Anne…. Everybody else))
[19:53] <+Shinjiro-kun> (Correctamundo.)
06[19:59] * +Shinjiro-kun steps forward as Anne lets her knife fly, raising his elegantly sweeping katana to point toward the media mogul that she had attacked. The faint scent of ozone fills the air around him, his eyes coursing with power as wisps of electricity arc and shimmer from his irises. Yamato pulses with latent energy as he aims the weapon, speaking in Japanese. “Hark, the heavens part and the skies split asunder. The true path shall guide your soul upon its way. Find peace in annihilation!” With a twist of his wrist, the potential energy surging and lingering around him explodes outward as the weapon disgorges a stroke of electricity, lightning splitting the air from hero to target as he tries to finish Anne’s work via electrocution. (Levin Fury)
[19:59] <+Shinjiro-kun> (NOT shooting the slaves. Just 3L for one bolt at the taskmaster.)
[20:02] <@Storyteller> ((o.o Stunt +2)
[20:02] <+Shinjiro-kun> !roll 9 11
[20:02] <+Zer0> , 7 , 7 , 8 , 8 , 2 , 10 , 7 , 6 , 9
[20:02] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 19
[20:07] <@Storyteller> ((Roll damage, its still mostly incap))
[20:10] <+Shinjiro-kun> (So no DV at all?)
[20:12] <+Shinjiro-kun> (If so:
[20:12] <+Shinjiro-kun> !roll 34
[20:12] <+Zer0> , 8 , 3 , 1 , 7 , 10 , 9 , 4 , 8 , 9 , 2 , 7 , 7 , 8 , 7 , 1 , 9 , 8 , 1 , 1 , 1 , 5 , 10 , 8 , 1 , 4 , 6 , 3 , 6 , 8 , 4 , 4 , 9 , 1 , 4
[20:12] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 18
[20:13] <+Shinjiro-kun> (18L, unless it’s critically weak to electricity or summat.)
[20:14] <+Shinjiro-kun> (And if it takes damage, it is automatically knocked back.)
[20:15] <+Shinjiro-kun> (At 1 yard / 3 dice of raw damage, that would send our yuge friend back 11 yards.)
[20:27] <@Storyteller> |On top of ozone, the combined body odor of multiple species, and the generally dank cave-y smells, fried orange monster now permeates the air, as the yuuuuge thing doesn’t stand a chance and gargles a very fiery last breath before collapsing with a stupid sound, apparently quite dead.|
06[20:29] * +Shinjiro-kun gives his sword a spin before he plants the tip on the ground next to his wingtipped shoe. “Purified by rights.”
[20:34] <+Shinjiro-kun> (So that moves me to tick 5 and Anne is up on tick 1.)
[20:35] <+Shinjiro-kun> (So Shinjiro will go again before everyone else.)
06[20:44] * +Anne_Montelepre looks stunned for a split-second longer, that the apparent slaves reacted as they did, contrary to her hastily-forged plan… before remembering that thing that No Plan Ever Does. She quickly chooses to try and roll with the momentum that Shinjiro has built up with his attack. “You see, now! Your oppressors have no power — over us, over you, over anyone! Your freedom is yours to reclaim: you need only the courage to seize it! JOIN US! YOUR FREEDOM IS AT HAND!!” (1l + 1W. Crowd Control)
[21:04] <@Storyteller> |The trio of rat people stop with their weapons raised, one of them blinking dumbly, asking Anne as he sways forth and back.| “You… no… take candle?”
06[21:07] * +Anne_Montelepre, very quickly hedging her bets, shakes her head.
[21:15] <@Storyteller> |The second turns to the first, querying hesitantly,| “She no take candle?”
[18:35] <@Storyteller> |The kobolds, crowd controlled as they may be, seem to be engaging in a passionate discourse on whether or not She Will Take Candle.|
[18:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((“‘Passionate discourse’ing means ‘Not Fighting Us and Getting Killed.’ I’ll take it!”))
06[18:38] * @Shinjiro-kun opts to speak up, still in his win pose. “I, too, will not claim your lights.”
[18:40] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((We’re still On The Clock, so to speak: not sure anyone else can reassure them yet))
[18:43] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Shinjiro was making his statement as his tick 5 action.)
[18:43] <@Storyteller> |The kobolds seem wholly startled and really entirely weirded out by these declarations of peace, and seem a bit suspicious. Several dozen yards behind them down the tunnel there is obvious movement and ongoing task-master-y goings on between another large orange guy and a handful more rat-creatures.|
06[18:49] * @Damion_Cross clears his throat, even as draws a pair of his double-barrelled, vaguely avian-shapped derringers, bringing them to bear on the tunnel mouth. “Umm…anyone mind if I wait to see what the fuck they’re talking about before I make any promises not to yoink it?” (3-tick Aim; will interrupt upon hostile act by OpFor.)
[18:49] <@Damion_Cross> ((Since everyone on Tick 6 acts simultaneously, IIRC))
06[18:55] * @December chuckles ominously, per her usual, hovering at the back of the Band mostly to monitor the activity. Her golden eyes shift around often, her tongue rolling slowly over her teeth. “‘s nah ski’noff muh noes.”
06[18:57] * @Hector` shakes his head, rolling his stone arm. “It’s a candle, dude. I don’t want it. Hey, little kobold dudes! Not only will we not take your candles, but we’ll beat the shit out of the guys who whip you.”
[19:01] <@Storyteller> [Kobold #4] “You punch poop from orange whippy-two-heads?”
[19:02] <@Storyteller> ((somehow i feel “orange” is too many syllables for a kobold…))
[19:07] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Oh wait))
[19:08] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Knack uses is a 5-tick action unless noted otherwise, oui?))
[19:09] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Which would mean Anne acts again this Tick as well ^^;; ))
[19:17] <@Hector`> Hell, I’ll even build a wall between you and them, and make the whippy-heads PAY for it!
06[19:17] * @Hector` grimaces, glancing to December. “Fuck, even I feel dirty for that…”
06[19:19] * @Anne_Montelepre reaches into the pocket of her horizon-bleu, double-breasted, scandalously-short dress, pulling out a shiny, perfectly-round, stainless-steel ball about the diameter of a nickel, setting her attention on the orange giant apparently attempting a rally… ((3 Tick Aim, same conditions as Damion’s))
06[19:19] * @December shakes her head, rolling her eyes with her overflowing chagrin.
[19:24] <@Storyteller> |Despite obvious activity in the distance, the next group doesn’t yet seem to be reacting directly to their presence. However, the calmed (uh… sure) kobolds set up a war cry of “Punch poop and pay!” … and run in the exact opposite direction of the action, tearing back the way the group came, and out of sight.|
[19:32] <@Logicalmob> ((That’s everyone but the giant Nastrond Shore-types, innit? :P ))
[19:33] <@Hector`> One pack down! Let’s pull the next group.
[19:34] <@Storyteller> ((yes one ogre is down and no one else is directly engaging.))
[19:39] <@Logicalmob> ((I believe the ball is in their court, then, either they move to engage our Band and get attack… or hesitate, and either surrender or get attacked with a bonus))
06[19:39] * @Shinjiro-kun shakes his head, shouldering Yamato. “This is not a game. This is training.”
[19:40] <@Storyteller> |They appear to be maintaining their set pattern of whipping and candle-mourning and digging.|
[19:40] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And I’ve never tried this before, practice or otherwise, so…”
[19:41] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Oh? Then perhaps attacking another of the overseers might get more of a reaction. Stunting as we speak))
06[19:49] * @Anne_Montelepre, with a seemingly effortless flick of her thumb, sets the ball bearing into flight, taking a second more to confirm her aim… before she spins in place with an effortless grace that only prima ballerinas, master martial artists, and skilled soccer midfielder(esses) can claim, launching the tiny steel orb with a precise roundhouse kick (in essence, “throwing” with her feet) with impossible skill… and equally impossible force. ((1L for Mighty Heave, please.))
[19:50] <@Storyteller> ((Nate, did Anne just Blitzball a steel ball bearing?))
[19:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Hey, got your attention, dinnit? :p ))
[19:53] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Had the soccer bit in there from Day One. Took me too long to get into play as it was. XD))
[19:56] <@Shinjiro-kun> (That wasn’t quite a Sphere Shot. Definitely not a Jecht Shot Mark Three.)
[19:57] <@Storyteller> ((teehee. Well, Legend expenditure remains nulled in the Sanctuary Gym, or it’d be refunded. either way, +2 on the Stunt wholly for making me grin like a madwoman.))
[19:59] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Dex + Thrown))
[20:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 14 11
[20:00] <+Zer0> , 10 , 1 , 3 , 1 , 9 , 5 , 3 , 10 , 4 , 9 , 9 , 1 , 1 , 5
[20:00] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 18
[20:06] <@Storyteller> ((10 overflow, I believe.))
[20:09] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((And, per Mighty Heave, damage is upgraded to Lethal + Piercing (though they aren’t wearing armor, so the Piercing doesn’t matter much ^^;; ))
[20:09] <@Storyteller> ((was she aiming for anything generally?))
[20:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Nope. First time, remember?))
06[20:15] * @Damion_Cross maintains his aim, but holds his fire, waiting for someone to definitively earn his demise before he pulls the triggers.
[20:16] <@Storyteller> ((roll your damage then please :) ))
[20:17] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 10 7
[20:17] <+Zer0> , 9 , 10 , 9 , 3 , 1 , 7 , 5 , 9 , 1 , 8
[20:17] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 14
[20:25] <@Storyteller> |The idling whippy-man manages an articulate “GYURK” as the steel ball hits one of its tiny, shriveled ears… and continues right on through bone mass, grey matter, more bone mass, and the other ear, before imbedding itself in a tunnel wall.|
06[20:29] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks, blinks again… then flexes, for perhaps the first time regretting her costume design. For everything that it does reveal, her Battledress’ long sleeves are a bit awkward when trying to show off her upper body strength…
[20:34] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Any other whippy-men in sight?)
06[20:38] * @Wraxian breaks the moment with her soft voice whispering via vibration directly into Anne’s skull (fairly literally). “Christopher Valdoma would be proud, Anne Montelepre.”
[20:47] <@Hector`> (Well done, Anne!)
[20:49] <@Storyteller> ((too bad this is meant to be a team building exercise :p))
06[17:45] * @Hector` eyes the whippersnapper as he lets out a pained noise, waiting to see if the bullet through the brain actually killed it.
[17:53] <@Logicalmob> ((Tic 6, yes?))
[17:53] <@Wraxian> ((think so))
[17:54] <@Logicalmob> ((Pretty much everyone except Shinjiro and Anne, yes? ^^;; ))
[17:57] <@Storyteller> |The kobolds overseen by the second downed ogre make a cacophony of startled exclamations, seeming to do much the same as Hector, as if they aren’t completely certain the new hole in its head is entirely enough to keep it down. A couple of them poke and kick curiously at the unmoving orange monstrosity. When they are finally content that it isn’t getting up again, they wail triumphantly and rush off past the scions and out of sight in the same manner the last group did.|
06[17:59] * @Anne_Montelepre is still beaming, but…
[17:59] <@Hector`> Does this feel a little too easy to y’all?
[18:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…What about this ‘candle’ business?”
[18:00] <@Damion_Cross> “Don’t, Hector.”
[18:05] <@Damion_Cross> “Every time — without fail — someone starts about ‘How easy X-task was’, it goes to shit faster than someone at a bran-muffin-only bake sale.”
[18:12] <@Hector`> Nah, that only happens if I say, “How hard can it be?”
06[18:12] * @Hector` flashes a Cheshire grin to Damion.
06[18:14] * @Wraxian cants her head slightly to the side, her voice whispering along the stylized headsets. “Are you requesting the difficulty to be raised, Hector Leone?”
[18:19] <@Hector`> I’m not sayin’ that yet. Ain’t my call alone to make.
06[18:31] * @December eyes Hector like she’d like to thwap him lightly on the back of the head for tempting Fate.
06[18:31] * @Damion_Cross thinks a moment.
[18:32] <@Storyteller> |The next group is a significant ways farther down the tunnel than the previous two.|
[18:32] <@Damion_Cross> “Y’know, I’ve a safer way to handicap us, if that’s the problem.”
[18:32] <@Shinjiro-kun> Perhaps we should not be so arrogant. Our next foe may be sturdier than these underlings.
[18:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> *very quietly* “Or ‘Divide & Conquer’ might stop workling…”
[18:43] <@Hector`> I wouldn’t mind getting a little workout, that’s all.
[18:49] <@Damion_Cross> “In any case…Round 3. Wanna try and soften at range, then?”
[18:49] <@Hector`> Seems legit.
[18:52] <@Logicalmob> ((Init?))
[18:56] <@Storyteller> ((reroll you mean?))
[18:56] <@Logicalmob> ((Yes))
[18:57] <@Storyteller> ((sure.))
[18:58] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 9 11
[18:58] <@Zer0> , 7 , 1 , 7 , 8 , 4 , 6 , 8 , 2 , 6
[18:58] <@Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 15
[18:58] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 8 7
[18:58] <@Zer0> , 1 , 9 , 6 , 7 , 7 , 7 , 4 , 5
[18:58] <@Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 11
[19:01] <@Wraxian> !roll 10 4
[19:01] <@Zer0> , 5 , 5 , 10 , 9 , 3 , 5 , 10 , 9 , 4 , 10
[19:01] <@Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 12
[19:10] <@Hector`> !roll 9 4
[19:10] <@Zer0> , 10 , 5 , 4 , 4 , 7 , 4 , 9 , 9 , 2
[19:10] <@Zer0> Hector` Successes: 9
[19:10] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 10 4
[19:10] <@Zer0> , 4 , 10 , 3 , 1 , 1 , 7 , 3 , 6 , 10 , 9
[19:10] <@Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 10
06[19:18] * @December hangs back slightly, observant and mostly quiet, keenly aware this exercise is not for her.
[19:25] <@Storyteller> ((1 Anne 4 Wraxian 5 Damion > Everyone else.))
06[19:36] * @Anne_Montelepre reaches into her pocket, palming a second ball bearing as she takes a stance like a pitcher on the mound, hoping to get a look at who was approaching… and not entirely pre-empt the rest of the Band. (3-Tick Guard; acquiring targets & such))
[19:37] <@Hector`> (Guard or Aim?)
[19:39] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Guard. By the time the action ends and she can act again on T4, she should have a better idea what to do))
06[19:50] * @Wraxian shifts the lenses over her goggles for a moment before she reaches into her satchel- for once actually looking where she is reaching and not blindly grabbing what she needs by memory- removing a metal cube about the size of her palm.
06[19:58] * @Wraxian taps it once, very gently (indeed, she is clearly moving very precisely and cautiously at the moment), a very light whoosh of depressurization escaping before she pops the little metal lid upwards, reaching in and very, very VERY carefully removing what appears to be a glass sphere a little larger than Anne’s ball bearing, about the size of a large marble, apparently full of… something. Moving in silent caution, she approaches the next group in sight only until she has a completely clear line of trajectory, exhaling her breath from the farthest distance she is confident with, and throwing the little sphere maybe not with Anne’s sense of flourish and force, but with hope, at least, her accuracy.
[19:59] <@Wraxian> !roll 8 7
[19:59] <@Zer0> , 10 , 10 , 10 , 10 , 3 , 8 , 6 , 4
[19:59] <@Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 16
[20:01] <@Damion_Cross> ((DAMN))
[20:06] <@Wraxian> ((Science, bitches.))
[20:08] <@Damion_Cross> ((Nine successes on eight dice. First time I recall seeing something like that here XD ))
[20:10] <@Wraxian> ((too bad its semi-wasted here. anyone know where to direct me for chemical damage dice cause otherwise, I’m winging it XD))
[20:13] <@Damion_Cross> ((Nate, second opinion please… but I think that’d be treated as an environmental effect))
[20:14] <@Damion_Cross> ((pp. 182-184 in Hero; sample effects on p 184))
[20:16] <@Storyteller> ((thank you))
06[20:19] * @Wraxian The little sphere flies true…. impacting the group orange monster’s bulging belly, the applied kinetic force may not have caused immediate catastrophic harm, but it does work, apparently, presumably, exactly as intended, as the glass globe shatters, releasing whatever was inside… which barely has time to start boiling instantaneously upon being released into open air, before it comes in contact with the accumulated sweat and grime of the ogrish torso, and the area erupts with the sudden THOOM of spontaneous explosion at somewhere north of No Thank You temperatures, the area the ogre and kobolds were suddenly occupied by a raging cloud of flame, smoke, and dust.
[20:24] <@Damion_Cross> “Note to self: ‘Be careful how frequently you piss her off in future.'”
06[20:26] * @Wraxian has some sort of belated afterthought. “It may be pertinent to cover your mouths and noses until the dust has settled.”
06[20:28] * @Wraxian proceeds to follow her own advice, even if she is currently completely ignoring the heat of the instant explosion.
06[20:31] * @Hector` covers his face with his cape, a la Bela Lugosi.
06[20:32] * @Shinjiro-kun just scowls before covering his mouth with a gloved hand.
06[20:34] * @December joins Shinjiro in scowling, covering her face with one of her tails, even if she is farthest back.
06[20:36] * @Anne_Montelepre spares enough breath for a wide-eyed “Holy shit!” before she quickly revises her own plans, her wings suddenly erupting from her lower back, ignoring the dress (or a cleverly -hidden flap, perhaps, before starting to beat furiously, in an attempt to push the worst of the smoke and dust down the hall — not enough to dissipate it entirely, but to keep it over by their (soon-to-be) attackers.
[20:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Might I use a tweaked Wind Grapple for that? Just to push the worst of it back down the hall a ways?))
[20:38] <@Storyteller> ((that would be interesting))
06[20:39] * @Wraxian might look smug, if she were capable of it. But she isn’t, so she just stands there observing. Scientifically.
[20:42] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Alright. 1L for Wind Grapple, 5-Tick Miscellaneous Action))
[20:57] <@Storyteller> |The wind from Anne’s wings blasts down the tunnel, the narrow passageway perhaps amplifying its potency, as it certainly clears the immediate field of play, revealing a literal definition of decimation that Wraxian would approve of; there is no more than ten percent of the ogre and its handful of enslaved kobolds left in the aftermath of whatever Wraxian thrust open their hapless foes. However, there is little time to- we’ll call it appreciate- what Wraxian has wrought before further screams of rodent-like and orange-like beings alike echo up from down the tunnel as the creatures therein had not the benefit of Wraxian’s warning, and as several smaller explosions indicate, the grappled cloud still had plenty of lingering kick left in it.|
[21:07] <@Hector`> Jesus fuck…
06[21:09] * @Damion_Cross looks at the (continuing) carnage, perhaps with a touch of awe… before taking his cue and continuing down at a run, though taking care to try and stay behind the cloud.
[21:11] <@Damion_Cross> “‘H.G. Wells, white courtesy phone, please…'” ((Guard action + forward movement))
[21:13] <@Hector`> Note to self: don’t piss off the girl with the foof bombs.
[21:16] <@Wraxian> “Attempt to avoid contact, Damion Cross. As it decays, it becomes hydrofluoric acid.”
[21:17] <@Wraxian> “….H.G. Wells, Damion Cross?”
[21:18] <@Damion_Cross> “I’ll explain later.”
[21:27] <@Damion_Cross> ((Advance TO Contact it is, I suppose))
[21:27] <@Wraxian> ((?))
[21:29] <@Damion_Cross> ((Basically, continue forward until they reach someone in condition to fight.))
[21:35] <@Storyteller> |Anne’s buffeting seems to have accomplished a fast clear of the entire length of the tunnel, amplifying Wraxian’s original action into a cloud of death that left naught but twitching, eroding corpses and incendiary-burning flames in its wake. It comes to a halt, however, at what is probably meant to be the end of the tunnel, the delineated halting the progress of the destructive force inflicted upon everything between them and it, a hazy fog over the entranceway that is difficult to determine whether was pre-existing, or caused by the cloud encountering something it cannot penetrate.|
06[21:39] * @Anne_Montelepre whistles loudly, waving to the others to stop while (not checking to see if they do so), she attempts to see what she can make out through the haze. ((Penetrating Glare…which strikes me as odd for a Sun Boon, now that I think of it. ^^;; ))
[21:41] <@Storyteller> |Anne can see through the cloud, but all it reveals is a misted over section of the tunnel, much the same as the Torii gate was before they entered this field of play, as it were.|
[21:46] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I Spy With My Little Eye… more mist.”
06[21:47] * @Damion_Cross shrugs.
[21:47] <@Damion_Cross> “Fog is a time-honored way of concealing draw-in, after all.”
[21:48] <@Damion_Cross> “Pretty awesome simulator at that, but you gotta figure it’s got some limits.”
[21:50] <@Hector`> Fog also conceals boss fights in Dark Souls.
[21:50] <@Shinjiro-kun> … I do not like this turn of events. Perhaps Hector’s supplication for difficulty is being answered.
[22:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “It’ll make attacking from range harder, for sure. Really don’t wanna Own Goal one of you.”
06[22:05] * @Anne_Montelepre then subvocalizes, using her Relic earpiece, “And Wraxian? Didn’t want to advertise it… but I… appreciated that bit about Chris, earlier. Thank you.”
[17:41] <@Hector`> (As for why Penetrating Glare is a Sun boon: shine a flashlight through fog.)
06[17:43] * @Hector` nods faintly, but it’s not clear who he’s nodding to. “Maybe I should go first. Specifically, arm-first.”
06[17:48] * @Anne_Montelepre nods in assent.
[17:48] <@Damion_Cross> “Yeah, stay in front of me where it’s safe.”
[17:50] <@Hector`> In front of you, safe? I’m liable to get shot in the back that way.
06[18:09] * @Wraxian doesn’t offer any response to Anne, seeming quite keenly focused on studying the aftermath of her… handiwork.
06[18:19] * @Damion_Cross chuckles. “Seriously, though, I’ve got your back. Might be time to dust off the old mojo a bit.”
06[18:19] * @Damion_Cross aims the last at Hector.
06[18:27] * @Hector` rolls his stone shoulder, grinning a bit as he undulates his fingers in preparation for his next act of utter insanity. “Just don’t get me in the crossfire, chief.” He begins striding toward the mists, intent to punch whatever is on the other side.
06[18:32] * @Damion_Cross re-holsters the pistols he’s holding, replacing them with a short, somewhat-stubby looking spear, the broad, flat head of which comprises half its length. His other hand dips into one of his pockets, coming back with a half-handful of what appears to be sand.
06[18:43] * @Hector` takes a few more steps toward the mists, glancing back to the others.
06[18:44] * @Shinjiro-kun continues to grip Yamato as he watches Hector, intent on providing support if required.
[18:55] <@Storyteller> |Nothing immediately presents itself for Hector’s fist as he passes through the mist unhindered by anything but the faint dampness of a wall of unknown, liquid-esque particulate, though beyond the veil of mist is nevertheless clearly a foe to be found. The rocky floor of the hemispherical cavern is mostly smooth, its walls cluttered with long tables bearing scrolls and brewing potions overflowing the available surface areas, which don’t even vaguely serve to hide large metal portions of the walls that are vaguely reminiscent of large mechanical steamworks. Directly across from them, standing between two metal semi-circle arches of no apparent purpose, the largest of the orange monsters they’ve seen yet stands, this one bearing two separate heads on its shoulders, one wrapped tightly in a red cowl, the other bare, its massive body wearing an over one shoulder chiton, with a pair of smaller skulls around its necks, and massive metal bands on its wrists and arms. A single large pauldron rests on the shoulder beside the bare head. Both heads are tilted back in exultation, its arms raised to the metal arches.|
06[18:58] * @Hector` eyes the massive creature in front of him, doing some quick mental arithmetic. He glances back to the others, trying to see if they can see the gargantuan goliath in front of him.
06[19:01] * @Anne_Montelepre frowns, but holds her position for now, as she attempts to analyze the situation.
06[19:07] * @Damion_Cross says nothing, but stops a bit shorter than the rest of the Band, not quite clearing. His arm swings forward, seemingly randomly, provided one cannot see the thin stream of sand falling from between his middle and index fingers.
06[19:14] * @Shinjiro-kun continues to watch Hector, eyeing the figure beyond the stone-armed fellow. He gives the Aztlanti Scion a short nod.
06[19:14] * @Hector` glances among his bandmates for a few moments more.
06[19:16] * @Anne_Montelepre holds up one finger, apparently suggesting he wait a bit.
06[19:31] * @Wraxian turns her head slightly towards Damion, watching his ritual as she passes through the wall of mist, December shortly on her heels.
[19:41] <@Damion_Cross> ((Wasn’t quite what I had in mind originally, had seconds thoughts though…so 1 L for Measured Foe, please))
[19:42] <@Damion_Cross> ((Companion: Complete, p. 80, or towards the back of the Companion 2 stand-alone))
06[19:42] * @Hector` takes aim while Damion works his mojo, lining up the exact spot where he plans to plant his fist.
[19:51] <@Damion_Cross> ((OH, rolling might help, no? ^^;;))
[19:52] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 8 4
[19:52] <+Zer0> , 4 , 10 , 3 , 5 , 4 , 10 , 4 , 7
[19:52] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 9
[17:49] <@Storyteller> |Damion is treated to a helpful HUD, the image of the bi-cranial one overlaid with a fluorescent polygonal grid as a box full of text pops up beside it, listing out high levels of Frost and Fire, with accordingly stacked Intelligence and Wisdom, its Dexterity and Strength relatively low in comparison.|
06[17:51] * @Shinjiro-kun restrains himself from telling Hector to go. Repeatedly.
06[17:54] * @Damion_Cross, satisfied, gives Hector the nod, even as he shifts the short-ish spear to his left hand, his right, retrieving one of his Derringers.
06[17:56] * @Anne_Montelepre hands slips into one of her pockets, revealing another heavyish-looking steel orb.
06[18:00] * @Wraxian regards Anne’s ammunition for an apparently curious moment, before she detaches the little-used weapon always dangling from her side, silently folding and unfolding it until it is a large arbalest, levering the string backwards with one hand thoughtlessly, even if it was originally designed to need to be pried back by her full weight and strength.
06[18:01] * @December leans against the wall nearest the mist archway, her ears and tail twitching idly.
06[18:06] * @Hector` looks among his people, giving each of them a nod before he launches himself forward, as silently and rapidly as he can, to try and embed his fist in one of the ogre mage’s skulls.
[18:08] <@Hector`> (You want I should make some sort of stealthing check before I draw out a fancy stunt?)
[18:09] <@Damion_Cross> “He’ll try to fight at range; mind that!”
[18:10] <@December> ((Join battle, then?))
[18:11] <@Logicalmob> ((If you’d like))
[18:12] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 9 11
[18:12] <+Zer0> , 5 , 7 , 1 , 3 , 3 , 3 , 6 , 7 , 5
[18:12] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 13
[18:12] <@December> ((I would freeform all the time if I could, don’t give me options. lol))
[18:12] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 8 7
[18:12] <+Zer0> , 8 , 3 , 1 , 1 , 9 , 1 , 8 , 9
[18:12] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 11
[18:13] <@Damion_Cross> ((:-) ))
[18:15] <@Hector`> (Stealth first:)
[18:15] <@Hector`> !roll 9 11
[18:15] <+Zer0> , 7 , 8 , 3 , 6 , 5 , 2 , 6 , 8 , 8
[18:15] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 15
[18:15] <@Hector`> (JBs:)
[18:16] <@Hector`> (I’ll just Opening Gambit, feels right.)
[18:16] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 10 4
[18:16] <+Zer0> , 6 , 10 , 7 , 5 , 10 , 6 , 1 , 6 , 3 , 8
[18:16] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 10
[18:16] <@Wraxian> !roll 10 4
[18:16] <+Zer0> , 2 , 3 , 5 , 3 , 4 , 7 , 3 , 8 , 10 , 9
[18:16] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 9
[18:19] <@Storyteller> ((go ahead with Hector, then.))
06[18:24] * @Hector` launches himself with a whisper of sound, taking advantage of the ogre’s rapt attention to his spellweaving. Hector’s stone arm sails through the air, dragging his fleshy body along as he shifts his weight. The Aztlanti Scion hangs in the air in precisely the way that bricks don’t, bringing his measured blow down in a crashing double-axe-handle toward the ogre’s right head. Despite his usual showboating manner, Hector is perfectly silent, not even making a quip to try and get the drop on his foe. It’s almost as if he’s taking things seriously…
[18:29] <@Hector`> !roll 19 11
[18:29] <+Zer0> , 2 , 4 , 5 , 7 , 7 , 9 , 2 , 6 , 9 , 7 , 1 , 8 , 10 , 5 , 6 , 1 , 7 , 3 , 2
[18:29] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 20
[18:30] <@Hector`> (20 successes to hit with the heavy melee.)
[18:30] <@Storyteller> ((All righty then.))
[18:31] <@Hector`> (Any threshold?)
[18:31] <@Storyteller> ((No, it’s a free shot.))
[18:32] <@Hector`> (As in 0 DV?)
[18:34] <@Storyteller> ((yes))
[18:36] <@Hector`> !roll 30 11
[18:36] <+Zer0> , 6 , 8 , 7 , 10 , 4 , 7 , 5 , 7 , 5 , 7 , 7 , 5 , 3 , 1 , 6 , 6 , 2 , 7 , 10 , 7 , 2 , 6 , 7 , 6 , 2 , 9 , 5 , 4 , 6 , 1
[18:36] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 25
[18:36] <@Hector`> (25L to the poor lad’s cranium.)
[18:37] <@Logicalmob> ((One of them, anyway))
[18:57] <@Storyteller> |The two-headed monster thing seems to register the assault just in time to do absolutely nothing about it. It instinctively attempts to spout threatening dialogue from the head that isn’t about to be pulverized.| “Tokglub show you da powah of da arc-URK!” |The monstrosity reels backwards as Hector puts a fairly significant dent in its skull, flailing its arms for some sort of balance, clearly damaged but remaining standing, after all, even if it is blinking rather stupidly with its impacted head while the other tries to remember the script.|
06[19:00] * @Hector` lands on both feet, flexing his stone fingers as he glares at the ogre mage, his cape billowing behind him. “Hector show you the power of MY FIST!”
06[19:01] * @Anne_Montelepre swears under her breath — both in awe at Hector’s punch and at the suspicion that, somehow, someway, she was going to have nightmares about what happened here.
[19:03] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Believe she’s next in tic order; may I proceed?))
[19:03] <@December> ((sure :) ))
[19:06] <@Hector`> (So we should be at…))
[19:07] <@Hector`> (Anne 1, Damion 3, Shinjiro + Hector 4, Wraxian 5, Tokglub ???)
06[19:07] * @Anne_Montelepre, whatever feelings of chivalry might yet be cringing at what everyone just witnessed, suspects that letting the creature get an attack in would be an astoundingly bad idea. To that end, she tries to line her next shot VERY carefully, already winding up with the shot put like a pitcher on the mound. (3-tick Aim, please)
[19:09] <@Hector`> (So that makes Damion 3, Anne + Shinjiro + Hector 4, Wraxian 5, Tokglub ???.)
06[19:15] * @Damion_Cross is not nearly as fancy or deliberate, merely bringing his pistol in line with Tokglub’s other head. (Attack x2)
[19:16] <@Damion_Cross> ((We can add a weapons Acc modifer without an Aim action, yes?))
[19:16] <@Hector`> (Acc is always applied.)
[19:16] <@Damion_Cross> ((Ok))
[19:17] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 11 4
[19:17] <+Zer0> , 2 , 9 , 1 , 6 , 1 , 10 , 5 , 7 , 10 , 10 , 8
[19:17] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 13
[19:17] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 11 4
[19:17] <+Zer0> , 9 , 8 , 6 , 8 , 6 , 9 , 1 , 8 , 6 , 1 , 10
[19:17] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 11
[19:18] <@Damion_Cross> ((Incidentally, I think this is Damion’s first attack roll…ever. ^^;; ))
[19:32] <@Storyteller> (( 6 thresh on #1, 4 on #2 ))
[19:35] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 11
[19:35] <+Zer0> , 5 , 10 , 1 , 7 , 5 , 6 , 4 , 10 , 2 , 6 , 8
[19:35] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 6
[19:35] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 9
[19:35] <+Zer0> , 2 , 8 , 1 , 3 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 10 , 9
[19:35] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 4
[19:53] <@Storyteller> |Hector’s response seems to trigger whatever addled brains it has left after that punch, and yells,| “Flame of- er, Fists of BURNS, nono…er.. !” |It has yet to actually cast anything, one of its bells still clearly ringing rather loudly, both heads mustering a scowl as its massive torso just seems to… absorb the shots, ripples sent off from where the bullets hit through the muscle and flab.|
[19:56] <@Hector`> (So that moves Damion to 8?)
[19:56] <@Storyteller> ((yes.))
[19:57] <@Hector`> (OK, tick 4. Anne + Shinjiro + Hector all at once.)
[19:57] <@Damion_Cross> ((Since I just acted with two characters, perhaps Shinjiro or Hector should go first?))
[20:01] <@Hector`> (Our actions all resolve simultaneously, so it does not matter. Take your shot.)
[20:04] <@Hector`> (Now, if you need a few minutes to come up with a good stunt, that’s different…)
06[20:07] * @Shinjiro-kun takes a few steps foward, holding Yamato at hip-height as he focuses his ki on the weapon. Like Homer Simpson removing a crayon from his nasal passage, Shinjiro seeks to increase his killing power. (1L + 1W for Mortal Stroke)
06[20:07] * @Anne_Montelepre sees the two-headed giant struggling with his lines… and feels no desire to help whatsoever, instead completing her wind-up and letting the steel ball fly, as if it were no heavier than a baseball… or lighter, even, taking aim for its other head…
[20:08] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 13 11
[20:08] <+Zer0> , 9 , 2 , 6 , 2 , 4 , 7 , 10 , 4 , 3 , 10 , 8 , 5 , 4
[20:08] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 18
[20:21] <@Shinjiro-kun> (That looks like 11 threshold by my count?)
[20:21] <@Storyteller> ((yes))
[20:23] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 20 7
[20:23] <+Zer0> , 2 , 3 , 3 , 4 , 9 , 1 , 1 , 6 , 1 , 5 , 5 , 10 , 2 , 10 , 6 , 3 , 4 , 8 , 1 , 8
[20:23] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 14
[20:24] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Yikes. Thought there wasn’t a single success in there for a sec. ^^;; ))
[20:29] <@Storyteller> “Owwwowowowowow… Frosts of… flame! No! Flames of fist!” |The monster smacks himself in the face after the ball bearing pings off of its hard, spongy head, its hand seeming unclear on whether it should be icy, or on fire.|
[20:30] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Damnit! You’d think it’d at least concuss him or something–”
06[20:31] * @Hector` jockeys for position for a second before he smirks up at the slab of flab in front of him. “Here, lemme sort it all out for you.” He drops down to a knee before taking a leap up to attempt to wrap his stony arm around the hulking brute’s head, attempting to get him into an absolutely-lethal clinch. His feet find purchase on the creature’s folds, one boot planting behind its knee and the other perched right on the crest of the mage’s fat ass, pinching his robes against his belt.
[20:33] <@Hector`> !roll 17 11
[20:33] <+Zer0> , 6 , 3 , 6 , 2 , 1 , 10 , 6 , 7 , 5 , 6 , 4 , 7 , 2 , 9 , 2 , 8 , 3
[20:33] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 17
[20:33] <@Hector`> (Versus his DV, for the grab.)
[20:34] <@Storyteller> ((10 threshold then))
06[20:37] * @Hector` gets hold of the mage’s head, shifting his arm around to squeeze the fat face as he plants the heel of his palm against Tokglub’s jaw. Muscles of sinew and stone alike bunch and tense as Hector attempts to drive the ogre’s jawbone straight through the back of its skull. (1L for Divine Wrath to make this an Agg clinch.)
[20:37] <@Hector`> !roll 15 11
[20:37] <+Zer0> , 7 , 1 , 9 , 7 , 1 , 9 , 9 , 2 , 1 , 10 , 7 , 6 , 1 , 7 , 2
[20:37] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 20
[20:37] <@Hector`> (20A, and piercing too.)
[20:40] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((“Dis gon get uglee…”))
[20:41] <@Hector`> (He’s got a purdy mouth. I’m showing it to him.)
[20:43] <@Hector`> (Also, since I successfully grappled Tokglub, he’s now Inactive until my next turn, so 0 DV. I’m holding him still so you guys can light him up.)
[20:43] <@Shinjiro-kun> (I have such fascinating things to show him.)
[20:44] <@Storyteller> ((round up or down for piercing?))
[20:46] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Up for anything involving anything with a Legend score))
[20:47] <@Shinjiro-kun> (If fatass has a Legend score, he rounds in whatever way is best for him.)
[20:47] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Be nice))
[20:48] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Also, remember that Piercing only halves soak from armour, not from innate toughness.)
[20:48] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Bad enough we’re killing him: no need to insult his physique in the process.))
[20:48] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Or to insult Fezzik, which is just plain suicidal.))
[20:49] <@Storyteller> ((oh..))
[20:52] <@Storyteller> ((considering how bad i am at this system i will never understand why anyone wants let alone allows me to run a game.))
[20:54] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Because you wrest a wonderful and compelling story from the system despite it’s many inherent flaws. :) ))
[20:57] <@Shinjiro-kun> (I got ninjaed.)
[20:58] <@Storyteller> |Tubglock roars, something, very likely, about fists and ice or fire, staggering backwards, any bits of Hector physically behind him in peril as his back (or whatever’s behind it) slams into the closed metal door behind him.|
06[21:03] * @Hector` wriggles, bracing against the metal door as he continues to try and turn the one good head into pulp. “Light this guy up like Paula Deen does to a pack of butter!”
[17:45] <@Hector`> (Remember that if Damion is acting on the same tick as Hector, he can’t benefit from the grapple making Tokglub inactive.)
[17:47] * @Damion_Cross, a bit put off by the creature’s soaking his bullets and seeing him restrained by Hector’s iron grip, grins evilly as he adjusts his approach in order to take full advantage. He tensed, his iklwa in hand, and with a brief running start leaps forward, broad-based spear in hand as he comes down on the two-headed giant.
[17:48] <@Logicalmob> ((Formatting doesn’t seem to be working. Sorry that took so long.))
[17:48] <@Logicalmob> !roll 7 4
[17:48] <+Zer0> , 10 , 2 , 9 , 4 , 9 , 7 , 2
[17:48] <+Zer0> Logicalmob Successes: 9
[17:49] <@Logicalmob> ((Though it was a later Tick. I thought. ))
06[17:55] * @Logicalmob ((needs to address Damon’s combat skills at some point. These are Hero-level dice pools, for crying out loud))
[17:58] <@Hector`> (I believe that you’re correct, so Tokglub is DV 0.)
[17:59] <@Storyteller> ((he has 0 DV on that head right? so that would just be roll damage))
[18:02] <@Logicalmob> !roll 18 2
[18:02] <+Zer0> , 7 , 2 , 6 , 4 , 5 , 7 , 5 , 5 , 7 , 4 , 10 , 3 , 7 , 7 , 4 , 3 , 2 , 6
[18:02] <+Zer0> Logicalmob Successes: 9
[18:03] <@Storyteller> ((is the soak modified?))
[18:04] <@Logicalmob> ((Not that I’m aware))
[18:04] <@Storyteller> ((bashing only right?))
[18:08] <@Logicalmob> ((Lethal. It’s a spear))
[18:12] <@Storyteller> ((was he swinging for anything in particular?))
[18:16] <@Logicalmob> ((Not really, just center of mass))
[18:30] <@Storyteller> |The giant two headed thing chortles a bit, or maybe that is what it was going for, minus the bit where Hector is still doggedly attempting to pull Tub’s lower jaw through the back of its skull. It comes out a strangled gurgle, which just mostly adds to the overall disgustingness of the thing. Damion’s spear is all but briefly swallowed into its tubbiness, as the massive two-headed beast’s belly shakes as it attempts to do its best Jabba the Hutt impression, with Hector playing the role of Leia. Metal bikini optional.|
[18:37] <@Logicalmob> ((O_O))
[18:38] <@Damion_Cross> “Ugh, Christ! Bathe much!?”
[18:38] * @Damion_Cross attempts to regain his footing and back off slightly.
06[18:43] * @Hector` continues to struggle with the giant tub of lard, attempting to keep him steady. “Kill it already! Kill it with fire!”
[18:44] <@Storyteller> ((anyone else up?))
[18:45] <@Shinjiro-kun> (You’d have to relink the tick counter.)
[18:46] <@Logicalmob> ((Or check further down the log))
[18:48] <@Storyteller> ((Anne 1, Damion 3, Shinjiro + Hector 4, Wraxian 5, Tokglub ???)
[18:48] <@Storyteller> ((originially))
[18:48] <@Shinjiro-kun> ((Damion was aiming, which is why he got displaced, so…))
[18:49] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Anne and Wraxian on 5, I think? Anne threw her grapeshot as I recall, which is probably speed 4.)
[18:50] <@Storyteller> ((Anne can go then))
[18:56] * @Anne_Montelepre grimaced at the hulking giant, making a face even as she (at long last) grabs her pendant and snaps the chain, allowing the shape-shifting blade to take form. “If you don’t see me in three days, send a search party!”
[18:58] <@Logicalmob> ((Ok, so I feel I probably asked this at some point, but: can Anne “draw a transforming Relic weapon and attack with it on the same Tick?))
[19:04] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Yes, at -2 dice.)
[19:04] <@Logicalmob> ((Ok))
[19:10] <@Storyteller> ((*takes a moment to debate who repairs and/or makes a new chain every time Anne unsheathes her sword*))
[19:10] *@Anne_Montelepre eschews the running start, the power in her legs more than enough for the job as she roll at the peak of her jump, grabbing the hilt of her sword with both hands as she aims to bring it down on (and hopefully through) the creature’s head (well, one of them.)
[19:11] <@Logicalmob> ((Targeting one of the heads, making it a Fierce Blow while we’re at it.))
[19:12] <@Storyteller> ((assuming she’s going for the held head, 0 DV, -2 for penalty))
[19:26] <@Logicalmob> !roll 9 11
[19:26] <+Zer0> , 9 , 10 , 5 , 10 , 9 , 7 , 10 , 3 , 9
[19:26] <+Zer0> Logicalmob Successes: 21
[19:26] <@Logicalmob> ((wat))
[19:27] <@Storyteller> ((clearly zero thought wraxian was going next))
[19:27] <@Logicalmob> ((sowwy))
[19:28] <@Storyteller> ((lethal piercing?))
[19:29] <@Logicalmob> ((Lethal, anyway, with a +1 for the Fierce Blow.))
[19:32] <@Shinjiro-kun> (So 20 threshold.)
[19:32] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Roll thy damage!)
[19:33] <@Logicalmob> !roll 23 7
[19:33] <+Zer0> , 2 , 4 , 1 , 3 , 6 , 4 , 6 , 10 , 2 , 10 , 8 , 3 , 6 , 10 , 8 , 4 , 9 , 4 , 6 , 4 , 9 , 8 , 1
[19:33] <+Zer0> Logicalmob Successes: 18
[19:33] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Did you include the +2 for the Fierce Blow?)
[19:34] <@Logicalmob> ((Thought it was +3B/+1L or A, depending on the type of attack?))
[19:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> (No. +3B/+2L/+2A.)
[19:35] <@Logicalmob> !roll 2
[19:35] <+Zer0> , 3 , 7
[19:35] <+Zer0> Logicalmob Successes: 1
[19:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> (And it adds +1 difficulty, which is why your 21 successes against a DV 0 made for a 20 threshold.)
[19:35] <@Logicalmob> ((So 19 total))
[19:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> (19L, no pierce.)
[19:43] <@Storyteller> ((without coordination every attack goes against full soak right? nothing Hector’s doing reduces it?))
[19:46] <@Logicalmob> ((I believe so))
[19:47] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Correct.)
[20:10] <@Storyteller> |Hector’s efforts at playing fearsome space princess to keep the monstrosity held still perhaps doesn’t go exactly as planned, as rather than piercing any piece of the captive head, the length of the sword blade plunges down its gullet, as they put on an impromptu sword-swallowing class, and in the end, does no damage.|
[20:13] <@Logicalmob> ((o_o))
[20:17] *@Anne_Montelepre rolls down the giant’s blubbery, foul-smelling form (Making a mental note to take a forever-minute shower when this is over) As if it were a giant, bipedal bounce house, thankfully managing to keep her grip on the sword. “Oh, just go down already!”
[20:21] <@Shinjiro-kun> (And that gets us to Wraxian?)
[20:22] <@Wraxian> ((I guess so.))
06[20:30] * @Wraxian lifts the arbalest to brace against her shoulder, precisely levering its pointy end up towards their opponent, the string already pulled back and bolt placed. Exhaling, for once not taking the time to aim, because that is already a seriously large target, she pulls the trigger to allow the bolt to fly from her weapon.
[20:32] <@Wraxian> !roll 11 7
[20:32] <+Zer0> , 7 , 3 , 1 , 9 , 5 , 2 , 6 , 9 , 10 , 5 , 5
[20:32] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 12
[20:45] <@Wraxian> ((all 12 of that is overflow?))
[20:48] <@Logicalmob> ((DV 0, so I think so))
[20:50] <@Wraxian> !roll 19 7
[20:50] <+Zer0> , 5 , 2 , 6 , 6 , 6 , 2 , 1 , 2 , 10 , 6 , 6 , 5 , 8 , 5 , 6 , 10 , 8 , 1 , 9
[20:50] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 14
06[20:54] * @Wraxian cants her head to the side as the bolt pierces the big, flubby belly of the dual-headed ogre, and just stays there, barely noticed.
[21:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Think we need to rethink this….”
[21:00] <@Wraxian> “Agreed, Anne Montelepre.”
[21:02] <@Logicalmob> ((Who’s up? I’ve an idea, but it’ll have to be Anne’s next turn))
[21:02] <@Wraxian> ((I have honestly lost track.))
[21:04] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Anne and Shinjro are both on 9, I think. Hector’s on 10.)
[21:05] <@Wraxian> ((has the ogre been pushed off the meter?))
[21:05] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Forced Inactive.)
[21:06] <@Wraxian> ((second head doesn’t count? XD))
[21:06] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Didn’t it get smashed into giblets?)
[21:06] <@Logicalmob> ((Perhaps to fight for control of the Clinch?))
[21:07] <@Wraxian> ((suddenly i dont remember.))
[21:07] <@Hector`> (That happens on the GRAPPLER’s next action, not the graplees.)
[21:08] <@Hector`> ((Tokglub is stuck inactive until Hector’s next action, then they fight for control again.))
[21:23] <@Hector`> ((On the grappler’s next action, her player and her target’s player both roll contested grapple checks: [Dexterity or Strength] + Brawl). Whichever character wins that roll takes or keeps control of the clinch and chooses which of the three maneuvers to execute. The other character remains (or becomes) Inactive until released. (Hero, pp. 200) ))
[21:27] <@Logicalmob> ((I suggested it as a possible exception b/c of the second head. But if it’s already been smashed in, well…))
[21:27] <@Hector`> ((The very first attack that Hector made was said to have turned that head into… well… less than functional bits.)
[21:30] <@Wraxian> ((wow i completely forgot :/))
[21:42] <@Logicalmob> ((Course, it might just be unconscious…))
[21:53] <@Hector`> ((The combo of “pulverized” and “significant dent” made me think that it was out of action.))
[21:53] <@Hector`> ((And if you want him to be able to try and break a grapple on his own turn due to his second head, that’s entirely your prerogative.))
[21:54] <@Hector`> ((Heartbeat resists on grapples would significantly reduce the effectiveness of trying to grapple him at all, but I trust my Storyteller’s judgment.))
[21:54] <@Logicalmob> ((Well, we Are talking supernatural creatures here))
[21:55] <@Logicalmob> ((*Titanspawn holding his own severed head and right arm in her hands*: “SEND ME BACK IN COACH! THIS AIN’T SHIT!!” XD ))
[21:58] <@Hector`> (We’re as much supernaturals as they are.)
[18:48] * @Anne Montelepre, still on one knee after having rolled down Tokglub’s side, rises to her feet as she seeks to do just what she suggested to Wraxian: rethink their approach. Adjusting her grip on the sword in her right hand, she reaches over to her left… and the two rings she wears there, one familiar, one new… the latter reigniting a pang of sadness. Partially fueled by this, and doing her best to ignore the ichor within the ring crying in protest at being channeled in this way, she glares malevolently at the giant, using the innate knowledge of his physical condition to guide her silent sting. {1L for Heal/Infect, please.}
[18:49] <@Logicalmob> ((Sorry, had to look that up))
[18:53] <@Logicalmob> ((Believe her Stam+Medicine pool would be 6 + 7))
[18:53] <@Logicalmob> !roll 6 7
[18:53] <@Joshua> , 2 , 6 , 1 , 9 , 5 , 7
[18:53] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 9
[19:01] <@Storyteller> ((what are your intents?))
[19:02] <@Logicalmob> ((Inflict (successes) levels of bashing))
[19:03] <@Conall`Curach> (Did Anne just Dessicate the boss?)
[19:10] <@Storyteller> (+1 for the stunt)
[19:10] <@Logicalmob> !roll 1
[19:10] <@Joshua> , 2
[19:10] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 0
[19:11] <@Logicalmob> ((So 9 successes still))
[19:11] <@Storyteller> ((mhm))
[19:14] <@Storyteller> ((presuming it still has no DV or does that bypass DV and deal straight damage?)
[19:18] <@Logicalmob> ((Thought it was dealing “levels” As opposed to “damage”.))
[19:19] <@Logicalmob> ((Hence why it can only be cast on any given target once per day))
[19:22] <@Logicalmob> ((In any case, yes, I believe it bypasses DV))
[19:22] <@Conall`Curach> (My interpretation of the text lines up with Tony’s.)
[19:24] <@Storyteller> ((does it also bypass soak?))
[19:25] <@Conall`Curach> (I would assume so, since the damage is being produced internally.)
[19:25] <@Conall`Curach> (It doesn’t really matter how tough you are when one of your organs rots away.)
[19:26] <@Conall`Curach> (Of course, that’s your decision at the end of the day.)
[19:32] <@Storyteller> ((makes sense to me, sorry for the dumb questions))
[19:37] <@Storyteller> ((sorry in general i am failing miserably tonight))
[19:42] <@Conall`Curach> (Nope.)
[19:44] <@Storyteller> |The ogre mage looks incredibly surprised, or about as surprised as a monster considerably can be, considering its current state of having been soundly thumped and held in a clinch. It gurgles with a disgusting sort of liquidity, blinking rapidly as its internal bits are suddenly a lot less healthy than they were a second ago. The flesh under Anne’s hand comes away as she withdraws, just a giant bloody chunk of Ogre flubber rotting straight off of its body.|
[19:53] * @Anne Montelepre is silent, mainly as she’s concentrating on keeping breakfast down at the moment, her eyes wide.
06[19:54] * Shinjiro-kun remains focused where he stands, eyeing Tokglub as he glances to his comrades. “We must strike together, or we will simply bounce off of his hide. Act on my signal.” (Coordinate Assault)
[19:54] !roll 11 7
[19:54] <@Joshua> , 10 , 4 , 8 , 10 , 2 , 2 , 1 , 5 , 3 , 6 , 9
[19:54] <@Joshua> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 13
[19:55] (So I can coordinate 26 people, but I’ll settle for everyone in the party, including Hector. Just in case Tokglub slips the clinch.)
[20:00] <@Logicalmob> ((OK))
[20:01] <@Storyteller> ((requires everyone to push back to Shiniiro’s next tick?))
[20:03] (Anne will be coming around on that tick naturally, but yeah, anyone who doesn’t attack on tick 14 doesn’t contribute.)
[20:18] <@Logicalmob> ((OK. Think Hector’s next, not sure about Damon’s next turn))
[20:20] <Hector`> (Yup, so Hector and Tokglub fight for control of the grapple now.)
06[20:21] * @Wraxian nods to Shinjiro, flipping a new bolt free of her small waist quiver, setting it into place as she carelessly pulls back a drawstring that even Ser Robert Strong might not scoff at, her attention fixating on Shinjiro and the ogre after her work is completed.
[20:21] <Hector`> (Dex+Brawl or Str+Brawl for both of us, winner controls the grapple, loser goes Inactive.)
[20:22] <Hector`> !roll 17 11
[20:22] <@Joshua> , 3 , 2 , 2 , 7 , 5 , 2 , 2 , 9 , 9 , 10 , 2 , 5 , 8 , 3 , 7 , 9 , 6
[20:22] <@Joshua> Hector` Successes: 19
[20:23] <@Wraxian> ((dex or Str?))
[20:27] <@Logicalmob> ((Better of))
[20:28] <@Wraxian> !roll 10
[20:28] <@Joshua> , 9 , 8 , 5 , 8 , 2 , 1 , 3 , 9 , 10 , 7
[20:28] <@Joshua> Wraxian Successes: 7
06[20:32] * Hector` watches his allies get their shit together as he continues to wrestle with the big oaf. Opting not to try and rip Tokglub’s head in half, instead Hector gets a better grip on the ogre’s arms to hold him still. “All right, y’all, cook this son of a whore!”
[20:33] <Hector`> (Hector takes the Hold option of the grapple and just maintains the lock. He pushes back to tick 16.)
[20:37] <@Logicalmob> ((Believe Damion would be tick 13))
[20:39] <@Wraxian> ((thank you guys, next time i will be more prepared for battle wheel and stuff.))
[20:42] * @Damion Cross weighs the odds very quickly, briefly considering either a hex on the two-headed one, or a bit of good fortune for his Band mates (with the added bonus of not having to touch the bastard again), but ultimately grits his teeth, preparing to strike yet again. {Guard, waiting for the order}
[20:45] <Hector`> (That gets us to the scrum at tick 14.)
[20:48] (The coordinated attack can’t reduce his DV below 0, so fire away, folks.)
06[20:51] * Shinjiro-kun watches Hector pry the ogre’s guard open, focusing his ki to a razor’s edge before he gives the order. “Strike!” Shinjiro had thrown lightning previously, but he doesn’t throw lightning now. Instead, Shinjiro opts to emulate the lightning, bringing his blade up and forward in a single, swift and smooth iaido stroke. His legs pump and press as his arms execute the motion, carrying him to and past the ogre as the blade lashes out, swinging a viciously deadly bisecting cut up the creature’s belly and chest before exiting near his left shoulder. If one squints very, very closely, they might even see a hint of cherry blossoms flowing from his blade… no, it must just be the wind.
[20:54] * @Anne Montelepre, irritated by her previous failure to find purchase on her last (conventional) attack, does something very Anne-like: she doubles down. She leaps into the air as far as the cavernous laboratory allows, her wings manifesting briefly as she rolls at the peak of her jump, again dropping on Tokglub’s from above, blade leading.
[20:55] <@Logicalmob> ((Fierce Blow on that last one))
[20:55] <@Storyteller> ((+1 stunt for both))
[20:56] !roll 13 11
[20:56] <@Joshua> , 9 , 9 , 6 , 7 , 1 , 6 , 1 , 7 , 2 , 10 , 9 , 10 , 1
[20:56] <@Joshua> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 20
[20:57] (So that’s 20 threshold…)
[20:57] !roll 30 11
[20:57] <@Joshua> , 8 , 3 , 4 , 1 , 7 , 9 , 4 , 2 , 2 , 1 , 3 , 10 , 6 , 5 , 5 , 1 , 7 , 7 , 2 , 7 , 5 , 3 , 5 , 2 , 6 , 5 , 10 , 6 , 4 , 9
[20:57] <@Joshua> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 22
[20:57] (22A on that hit, Mortal Stroke was still running.)
[20:58] * @Damion Cross,almost instinctively moves to make his strike from the right (his right, Tokglub’s left) flank, leaving the center of the field open for the others to maneuver as he darts forward, aiming from the livid red wound left by Anne’s earlier internal attack.
[20:58] <@Logicalmob> ((Anne first))
[20:59] <@Logicalmob> !roll 13 11
[20:59] <@Joshua> , 5 , 7 , 7 , 5 , 3 , 9 , 4 , 5 , 4 , 9 , 9 , 3 , 3
[20:59] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 16
[21:00] <@Logicalmob> ((Damion))
[21:01] <@Logicalmob> ! !roll 8 4
[21:01] <@Logicalmob> !roll 8 4
[21:01] <@Joshua> , 9 , 4 , 3 , 4 , 2 , 4 , 4 , 1
[21:01] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 5
06[21:02] * @Wraxian has kept her transforming arbalest levelled and trained on the massive brute’s head, awaiting her opportunity to join the fray, her finger featherlight on the trigger until she finds the field cleared of Anne, Shinjiro, and Damion, her features as starkly barren as they ever are. Her breath exhaled almost sub-sonically, she fires.
[21:04] <@Wraxian> !roll 11 7
[21:04] <@Joshua> , 9 , 4 , 1 , 7 , 6 , 3 , 7 , 10 , 3 , 9 , 2
[21:04] <@Joshua> Wraxian Successes: 13
[21:04] <@Wraxian> ((*removes headphones* thank you Joshua~))
[21:06] <@Logicalmob> ((Haven’t I been saying it from the beginning? Zero’s not to be trusted. :p ))
[21:06] <@Storyteller> ((but he’s so trustibunniable))
[21:14] (You guys all need to roll damage.)
[21:16] <@Wraxian> (dur.)
[21:16] <@Wraxian> !roll 20 7
[21:16] <@Joshua> , 4 , 3 , 4 , 4 , 5 , 4 , 8 , 2 , 10 , 1 , 2 , 5 , 3 , 8 , 6 , 1 , 1 , 4 , 8 , 2
[21:16] <@Joshua> Wraxian Successes: 12
[21:19] <@Logicalmob> ((Anne))
[21:19] <@Logicalmob> !roll 25 7
[21:19] <@Joshua> , 8 , 1 , 7 , 2 , 2 , 9 , 9 , 8 , 4 , 10 , 9 , 5 , 5 , 8 , 7 , 6 , 4 , 5 , 3 , 2 , 3 , 6 , 5 , 8 , 2
[21:19] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 18
[21:20] <@Logicalmob> ((Damion))
[21:20] <@Logicalmob> !roll 16 2
[21:20] <@Joshua> , 8 , 1 , 5 , 8 , 7 , 8 , 6 , 8 , 1 , 3 , 6 , 8 , 5 , 5 , 2 , 5
[21:20] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 8
[21:25] <@Storyteller> |As two different blades bisect the adjoining heads from each other, not to mention the rest of its rapidly deteriorating torso (at least on the inside), Damion’s spear plunges as far as he cares for it to, the rotting internal core offering less than minimal resistance. Wraxian’s bolt pierces directly through one of the restrained heads’ eyes, packing enough force that as it erupts through the back side of its skull, it presses lightly (but harmlessly) again Hector’s chest, belly or whatever other part is located directly behind that particular location.|
06[21:29] * Hector` feels the bolt tap against his cape as he continues to hold the ogre still. Or, rather, to hold the pieces of the ogre still…
[21:31] <@Storyteller> |In the moments where it becomes painfully clear that the monster is defeated, rather than falling to the floor excessively dead, it glows for a moment before exploding into deep red crimson pixel particles, as every bit of it, gore and flubber chunks alike, vaporize into nothing but dust and light in the air.|
06[21:33] * @Anne_Montelepre again tumbles down Tokglub’s suddenly still body and rolls to her feet, trying very hard not to think about what exactly is dripping down the backs of her legs.
[21:33] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Or maybe not dripping??))
06[21:35] * Shinjiro-kun stands still, at the completion of his stroke, holding Yamato in the air as the ogre’s blood dissolves from the blade. Straightening up, he lowers the weapon and turns back to look at his friends. “An effective assault.”
[21:35] <@Storyteller> |A second thing happens simultaneously as well; Shinjiro, Wraxian, and Hector are surrounded by sudden golden helixes of light, a loud melodic WHOOSH accompanying the occular showcase. As fast as it happens, it is gone.|
06[21:40] * Hector` looks at the helixes around him, Shinji, and Wraxian, before putting two and two together. “Great. We leveled.”
[21:40] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks, appearing confused at the sudden light show. “huh?”
06[21:45] * @December scowls a bit, visually inspecting Hector quickly at the light show, suspicious and taking care to make sure nothing is improperly altered about him.
06[21:47] * @Wraxian detaches her PLD from its wrist mount briefly, scanning over herself with a studious look upon her face, as if this was not something she was aware was programmed into the simulation.
[21:49] * @Damion_Cross scowls. “Meh. We mages always get screwed.”
[21:50] <@Damion_Cross> “Though I guess it might’ve helped if I’d actually cast anything…”
06[21:50] * Shinjiro-kun just shakes his head. “This is getting quite silly. What’s next?”
[21:59] * @Anne_Montelepre finally sighs, shaking her head as she turns towards December.
[22:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Whatever. Anyhow, Mamou Renard… how’d we do?”
[22:02] <@Storyteller> |For said three level-ed, they are treated to a nagging little dancing fish-thing, in bright skittle colors, at the top left of their HUD- which they probably weren’t aware they had, so it just seems like a personal visual glitch, of a fish-gibbering little creature, with little golden text beneath, that reads, “Spend your Experience points Now!”|
06[22:05] * Hector` eyes the fish, his jaw dropping slightly as he tries to make sense of it. “What… the… fuck…”
06[22:05] * Shinjiro-kun looks irritated at the fish, idly flicking his sword in its general direction. Safely. If only just.
06[22:07] * @December shakes her head slightly. “Yens’ve still gahdda teemwerk prol’em. Ah big wun. Yer all ink’lined tah do wha yer wans ter star’, and onlee affer yer mos’lee fayl’d dih’yeh turns tah koo’operatin’.
[22:08] <@Storyteller> |HUD-fish-person waggles his tophat and kicks his legs, dancing joyously in remindering-ness.|
[22:09] <@Storyteller> |As HUD-fish-person is not actually there, Shinjiro essentially waves his sword in the air, Safely, if only just, for no reason, to those without their own HUD-fish-person to cherish forever.|
[22:16] <Hector`> Yeah… it didn’t occur to me to hold him still for you guys to fuck up until after I’d already tried to invert his jawbone.
[22:18] * @Anne Montelepre frowns, but nods. “And I did try my ‘Decapitate, Then Convert’ bit with the earlier groups of enemies without consulting anyone else.”
[22:19] <@Anne_Montelepre> “(…Thoughtobefairitdidwork.)”
[22:21] <@Damion_Cross> “Well, I behaved perfectly… at least as far as trying out the frontal attack bit, not normally my thing.”
[22:22] <@Damion_Cross> “And though I did need some practice there… group-wise we might’ve been better served by my playing to strengths.”
06[22:25] * @Wraxian doesn’t comment on her utter annihilation of an entire corridor of enemies, as she is currently occupied with studying the insane species currently occupying her HUD. She fiddles with some coding on her PLD, and successfully transfers the dancing candy colored display amphibian to the corner of the screen of her PLD rather than her direct optical inputs.
06[22:30] * Shinjiro-kun takes a few more swings, like he meant to do that all along, before he shoulders his blade and glances to Damion. “The point of this practice is to shore up weaknesses, not show off strengths. Our teamwork is atrocious because we are all concerned with showing off what we are best at, rather than trying to learn something new. I include myself in this.”
06[18:02] * @Anne_Montelepre, apparently reflecting on December’s comments on their performance, is silent for a minute or two, briefly wishing she’d thought to bring a Mars Bar with her, before stepping over to the side, quietly motioning for Hector to follow, trying not to draw too much attention in the process.
[18:04] * @Hector` eyes Anne for a moment before idly drifting over in her direction. “Sup, Annie? Are you OK?”
06[18:05] * @Anne_Montelepre idly swats at his head for that.
[18:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I was tired of that by fifth grade… anyway, that bit Mamou Renard was saying about how we’re doing… stung, but she has a point.”
[18:11] * @Hector` snickers a little before smirking. “Ya don’t say. What’cha figger her point is?”
[18:33] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I’m thinking that, at the moment, we’re fighting like we’re trying to feel out what we can do… which, well, we are.”
[18:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “But we’re doing so at the price of teamwork. We’re fighting not knowing what everyone else on our side is going to do, because we ourselves don’t know what we’re going to do, yet.”
[18:38] <@Anne_Montelepre> “So… I’m thinking we need an active leader for the rest of this.”
[18:47] * @Hector` folds his arms over his chest, eyeing Anne up and down as he starts to process this. “If you’re going to volunteer, wouldn’t it be smarter to do that in front of everyone? Or are you making sure that I won’t smack you down first?”
06[19:00] * @Anne_Montelepre glares back, hands-on-hips. “I’m talking to you now because ‘volunteering’ you for a job you technically already have seemed rude!”
[19:08] * @Hector` The Aztlanti Scion blinks once, as if he hadn’t quite been expecting that. “Porquoi? You’re volunteering me?”
[19:13] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Well, technically you volunteered yourself, already. Though given how ‘hands-off’ you’ve been about the whole thing…”
[19:27] <@Hector`> “Yeah, I did, but I didn’t expect it to actually work!” He sighs and rakes his fleshy hand through his hair. “Bossing people around would just make them push back.”
[19:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Well, it looks like it’s either me or you… and out of the two of us, you’re less likely to draw fire. So bon chance.”
[19:38] <@Anne_Montelepre> “As for pushback…”
[19:45] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Well, ‘lead’ doesn’t necessarily mean ‘micromanage.’ We’ve been at this long enough to have a general idea about how everyone here fights. So… give everyone a job based on their strengths, and let them decide how best to do that job.”
[19:51] * @Hector` exhales a gentle laugh, watching Anne for a moment. “Thanks for the advice. So what job do you want to volunteer for? Overlord? Or are you gonna settle for the Power Behind the Throne?”
[20:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Neither… though I’m trusting that you’ll at least listen to the rest of us.” She pauses, thinking for a moment. “Though I suppose I could set myself up for ‘face’ duty. I didn’t feel 100% comfortable speaking for the Band unbidden, earlier.”
[20:05] <@Hector`> “Do I seem like the domineering type?”
06[20:15] * @Anne_Montelepre thinks for a moment. “You can, at times. But then again, with the stone hand and jaugar-hide, you’re kinda supposed to. But you have the exact opposite problem at the moment. ”
[20:26] * @Hector` That elicits a shrug from the Mexica Sensation. “Not really a problem to give people space to rediscover themselves.”
[20:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “It could become one on the battlefield, though.”
[20:36] <@Hector`> “Which is why we’re here, yeah? To give them space to figure out what they can do in a semi-safe environment.” He watches Anne for a little while longer. “And I need to know their capabilities to lead them properly.”
06[20:45] * @Anne_Montelepre nods. “Fair enough. Just thought I should say something, before, well…” She shrugs.
[20:54] * @Hector` gives her another small nod in return. “Before we end up over our heads. Don’t worry. I’m keeping my eyes open.”
[17:51] * @Damion_Cross finishes reloading his pistols, giving them a reflective look. “Maybe I need to go with hollow-points. Or maybe whip up some exploding rounds….”
06[17:52] * @Wraxian thinks, fairly matter-of-fact-ly. “I may assist with such if you so desire, Damion Cross.”
[17:57] <@Shinjiro-kun> I would prefer that you not fire explosives around me. I’d rather not end up with a stray bullet blowing up in my face.
[18:00] * @Damion_Cross nods, recalling how her other toys’ve behaved so far today. 14″I’d appreciate that.” He then turns towards Shinjiro. “Pretty sure it’d be my face, but sure.”
[18:02] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, perhaps feeling a bit awkward as how to wind things up. “Think we might be holding up the works.”
06[18:03] * @Wraxian nods succinctly to Damion.
06[18:03] * @December watches Hector and Anne in silence, pretending she couldn’t hear every word.
06[18:11] * @Hector` gives Anne a small nod. “Let’s keep on keeping on, then.” He claps her once on the shoulder, hard, before walking back toward the group. “All right, guys. If my instinct’s right, then we’ve got a lot more of this place to go. I’ll take point, since the rest of you have ranged options. Damion, Shinjiro, try not to shoot me.”
[18:17] <@Damion_Cross> “Aww…”
06[18:20] * @Shinjiro-kun glares a bit before he gives Hector a curt nod.
06[18:21] * @Wraxian tilts her head to the side, silently processing the shift that has taken place.
06[18:24] * @Hector` gives Wraxian a glance. “Something wrong, Wraxian?”
[18:24] * @Anne_Montelepre slips back into the group, keeping her sword out for now, still deep in thought. “Do still have a few more tricks in the bag, but I’ll test those around your instructions.”
06[18:28] * @Wraxian shakes her head slowly, tapping on her PLD several times.
[18:30] * @Damion_Cross looks over. “Problem, Wraxian?”
06[18:33] * @Wraxian shrugs in her one-shouldered manner. “Not at the current chronal interval, Damion Cross. Should the pack wish to proceed, the next chamber awaits. If the pack desires to return at an alternate juncture of chronal units, it may be set aside until then, or I can recode the scenario, if needed.”
[18:33] <@Hector`> We’re straight. Any questions?
[18:41] * @Anne_Montelepre clears her throat. “Would my trying for the diplomatic option break the scenario?”
[18:42] <@Logicalmob> ((“Seriously, Frisk…”))
[18:45] <@Hector`> I can’t imagine why.
[18:52] <@Wraxian> “It is programmed primarily for combat, Anne Montelepre, but taunts and pacification are also inherent in the source code upon which it is based.”
[18:55] <@Logicalmob> ((As for what prompted the last OOC comment: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2253878?tags=parent%3A2253878 ))
[19:03] * @Anne_Montelepre nods quietly. “Good to know.”
[19:05] <@Damion_Cross> “Hector? If you’re taking point, you might wanna hold still for Just a second…”
[19:06] * @Damion_Cross is withdrawing a handful of sand from his pocket as he says this.
06[19:07] * @Hector` gives Damion a small nod, looking him over.
[19:19] * @Damion_Cross, his hands moving with nigh-impossible Speed traces a shape in the air out of sand (that the quicker-witted might recognize as aveve ) then knocks said sand towards Hector before it has a chance to hit the ground, all whilst whispering prayerful words in Creole.
[19:23] <@Logicalmob> ((Oh, and [dice penalties] in return for casting Trading Fates))
[19:25] <@Logicalmob> ,(Short version : Hector gets a pool of dice based on Damion’s upcoming (Wits + Presence) roll, that Hector can use on one or more future rolls.)
[19:28] <@Logicalmob> ((Damion pays for it by taking an equal penalty in dice for his very next roll.))
[19:28] <@Wraxian> ((understood))
[19:30] <@Logicalmob> !roll 10 7
[19:30] <@Joshua> , 10 , 3 , 4 , 9 , 10 , 10 , 5 , 7 , 9 , 9
[19:30] <@Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 17
[19:31] <@Logicalmob> O_o
[19:31] <@Wraxian> ((whoa))
[19:36] <@Hector`> (So I get 17 dice and Damion gets -17 to his next fateful roll.)
[19:36] <@Hector`> (He can’t burn it off by going to play dice with Shinji in the corner.)
[19:41] <@Logicalmob> ((Yes, that next roll will have be interested. Don’t think he even has a dice pool that large.))
[19:44] <@Hector`> (Your pools have a minimum amount of dice equal to your Legend.)
[19:44] <@Hector`> (Which is, penalties can’t drop your pool below your Legend score.)
[19:48] <@Damion_Cross> “All set.”
06[19:51] * @Wraxian makes a faint sound of severe discomfort, looking sharply away from Damion and looking about as sick as she is capable of doing.
06[19:57] * @Hector` gives Damion a swift nod of thanks before he moves toward the door to the next leg of the dungeon. “Ready, guys?”
[19:57] * @Damion_Cross notes this. “For what it’s worth, Wraxian… you aren’t entirely wrong in that.”
[19:58] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Let’s get moving.”
06[20:04] * @Hector` nods once more before he attempts to move to the next section.
06[20:05] * @Shinjiro-kun points his sword over Hector’s right shoulder and stays a few meters back.
[20:06] * @Anne_Montelepre takes position behind, and slightly to the left of, Hector and Shinjiro.
[20:07] * @Damion_Cross hangs a fair distance back.
06[20:11] * @Wraxian makes her mentally transduced whisper very quiet as Damion passes her. “A very dangerous gamble, Damion Cross.”
[20:14] <@Storyteller> |Behind the non-existent remains of their enemy is the enormous metal door with a ludicrously large keyhole in the center. It glows around the edges as it had not previously.|
[20:17] <@Storyteller> |As the door opens, sounds wash over them, of primates interspersed along the walls, chained with heavy old school ball and chain shackles, as long eared green midgets mine alongside them, occasionally cracking whips or kicking monkeys to work faster.|
06[20:38] * @Hector` eyes the goblins working the primates, glancing back to his fellows with an incredulous look on his face. “This shit serious?”
[20:45] <@Conall`Curach> (I had meant to open the door, sorry to be unclear.)
[20:47] * @Anne_Montelepre, looking fairly well incensed, slams the fist wrapped about her swords hilt into her palm (not the business end, obviously). “For their sake… they’d better be.”
[20:47] <@Logicalmob> ((3L for Raging Bull, please.))
[20:57] <@Storyteller> ((Good thing the Gym is Legend expenditure free lol))
[20:57] <@Logicalmob> ((Oh, you shouldn’t ve told me that. XD ))
[20:58] <@Storyteller> ((and my apologies I somewhat inadvertently apparently chose one of the most slavery heavy instances in WoW.))
[20:58] <@Logicalmob> ((J/k, of course))
[20:58] <@Storyteller> ((I told you that like two years ago!!))
06[20:59] * @Hector` cracks his neck as he steadies himself. (Join Battle?)
[17:31] <@Storyteller> ((if ya’ll are rushing go ahead and JB))
[17:32] <@Shinjiro-kun> (I’ll JYB instead. =P)
[17:32] <@Storyteller> ((seriously i am watching a gundam show solely because of jyb. its sad.))
[17:33] <@Damion_Cross> ((??))
[17:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 10 4
[17:35] <+Zer0> , 9 , 7 , 5 , 1 , 7 , 3 , 5 , 2 , 10 , 7
[17:35] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 10
[17:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Gundam 00, right?)
[17:36] <@Hector`> (They’re talking about Johnny Yong Bosch, Tony. He’s a voice actor and a former Power Ranger.)
[17:36] <@Hector`> !roll 9 4
[17:36] <+Zer0> , 9 , 7 , 2 , 4 , 9 , 5 , 10 , 9 , 4
[17:36] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 10
[17:36] <@Storyteller> ((iron blooded orphans))
[17:36] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Ah))
[17:38] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 9 11
[17:38] <+Zer0> , 2 , 2 , 5 , 5 , 10 , 1 , 8 , 8 , 2
[17:38] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 15
[17:38] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 8 7
[17:38] <+Zer0> , 2 , 1 , 4 , 1 , 4 , 6 , 1 , 9
[17:38] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 8
[17:39] <@Storyteller> |Meanwhile, dancing fish-skittle waves its hat and dances at Hector and Shinjiro’s peripheral HUD-vision.|
06[17:41] * @December purses her lips faintly, vaguely thoughtful as she watches Anne’s response and reaction.
[17:41] <@Wraxian> !roll 10 4
[17:41] <+Zer0> , 7 , 3 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 7 , 1 , 5 , 1 , 3
[17:41] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 9
[17:44] <@Hector`> God damn fuckin’ fish…
[17:54] <@Storyteller> ((So Anne, then Doji/Hector t5, Wraxian t6?))
06[17:55] * @Anne_Montelepre, still glaring daggers at the scene before her, reaches towards the real one on her thigh… before realizing it’s the last one she has and thinking better of it. Instead, she grabs one of her ball-bearings and takes aim, lining it up as if it were a marble… (3-tick Aim, please)
[17:56] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Wraxian and Damion))
[17:56] <@Storyteller> ((oh well if you insist.))
[17:58] <@Storyteller> ((Aim accomplished.))
[18:02] * @Anne_Montelepre Suddenly, the winds begin swirling around her, lifting her clothing and matching her angry expression as she lets fly, a gust of hurricane-force wind following the metal orb upward…
[18:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((App + Presence, for Storm Augmentation))
[18:03] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 11 11
[18:03] <+Zer0> , 7 , 5 , 7 , 5 , 10 , 2 , 7 , 10 , 9 , 9 , 5
[18:03] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 20
[18:07] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((She has the option of using it for the next 20 actions. Next comes the shot…))
[18:07] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 13 11
[18:07] <+Zer0> , 2 , 6 , 2 , 1 , 5 , 8 , 9 , 9 , 3 , 10 , 10 , 7 , 4
[18:07] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 19
[18:11] <@Storyteller> ((roll damage, unaggroed packs have no dv))
[18:12] <@Hector`> (So 19 threshold.)
[18:12] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 24 7
[18:12] <+Zer0> , 3 , 7 , 8 , 6 , 7 , 10 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 4 , 10 , 3 , 7 , 5 , 9 , 1 , 4 , 10 , 6 , 5 , 4 , 7 , 7 , 3
[18:12] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 20
[18:17] <@Storyteller> ((is a ball bearing at sonic speeds bashing? lol))
[18:20] <@Hector`> (Unless she has a knack to make a thrown weapon Lethal, then yes.)
[18:21] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Well, it has wind behind it, and I didn’t use Mighty Heave, so yes))
[18:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Does get double knockback and a chance to stun the target, though))
[18:28] <@Storyteller> |The ball bearing hits a refreshment tray carrying green skinned midget (woman?) in a bright yellow dress square between the breasts with a squishy flesh and bone sort of crunch, the tray and its undoubtedly delicious refreshments falling sorrowfully to the cave floor, the green being hurled back into a wall where she slides slowly down it, moving no more. The male greenies sound the alarm, five of them turning towards the entrance where the kids are standing, while the monkeys just keep sadly plunking away at the walls with their picks.|
[18:33] <@Damion_Cross> ((T5?))
[18:34] <@Storyteller> ((yessir))
06[18:40] * @Hector` grumbles and grimaces at the alarm as he surges forward. “Focus the greenskins! Leave the monkeys!” Hector winds up and spins on his heel, throwing a straight discus forearm shot at the nearest goblinoid.
[18:44] <@Storyteller> ((he has a discus?)
[18:45] <@Conall`Curach> (A “discus punch” is a punch after a full rotation.)
[18:46] <@Conall`Curach> (So Hector is doing a spin before slamming his forearm at the gobbo.)
[18:48] <@Storyteller> ((oh. k.))
[18:49] <@Storyteller> ((this is how hector is using damion’s fate thingy?))
[18:50] <@Hector`> (He’s not a humanoid typhoon!)
[18:51] <@Hector`> (He has to use it on his next roll, so…
[18:52] <@Storyteller> ((are you SURE?))
[18:52] <@Storyteller> ((lol))
[18:52] <@Hector`> (I wanna say that I had +9?)
[18:54] <@Conall`Curach> (+17, good God.)
[18:55] <@Storyteller> ((yyyuuup.))
[18:55] <@Hector`> !roll 34 11
[18:55] <+Zer0> , 6 , 8 , 5 , 2 , 4 , 6 , 7 , 8 , 10 , 3 , 2 , 9 , 1 , 3 , 8 , 9 , 8 , 2 , 8 , 8 , 6 , 2 , 4 , 5 , 2 , 5 , 9 , 9 , 3 , 7 , 6 , 4 , 7 , 5
[18:55] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 26
[18:55] <@Storyteller> ((sorry, crap. i will get better about stunts.))
[18:58] <@Storyteller> ((bashing?))
[18:58] <@Storyteller> ((Not that anything is going to survive this.))
[19:01] <@Hector`> (That was to hit, darling.)
[19:02] <@Storyteller> ((…sigh. 21 over))
[19:02] <@Hector`> !roll 30 11
[19:02] <+Zer0> , 4 , 9 , 8 , 7 , 3 , 9 , 3 , 6 , 1 , 2 , 7 , 3 , 9 , 5 , 4 , 1 , 2 , 3 , 6 , 9 , 5 , 10 , 4 , 1 , 5 , 2 , 1 , 7 , 3 , 1
[19:02] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 21
[19:02] <@Hector`> (21L.)
[19:09] <@Storyteller> |Something intangible between Hector and Damien makes a silent SPROING as Hector’s supercharged punch just kind of… disintegrates the nearest goblin into gore and pixels.|
06[19:10] * @Hector` lets out a bestial roar as his arm drips with bits of green flesh and red blood. “Get them!”
06[19:16] * @Shinjiro-kun takes a half-step forward, swinging his katana through thin air. At the apex of the sword’s arc, a streak of white-hot lightning blasts out, forking to lash out at three of the goblins.
[19:16] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Levin Fury on 3 targets. One roll to hit them all.)
[19:16] <@Storyteller> ((no stunt, go))
[19:17] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 7 11
[19:17] <+Zer0> , 6 , 1 , 2 , 1 , 8 , 2 , 1
[19:17] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 12
[19:19] <@Storyteller> ((how does their DV work vs that?))
[19:24] <@Shinjiro-kun> (It works fully.)
[19:26] <@Storyteller> ((so would 5×5=negated? or 7 overflow on each?))
[19:26] <@Conall`Curach> (Each one applies his DV to the attack individually. So 7 overflow on each.)
[19:27] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 22
[19:27] <+Zer0> , 6 , 1 , 2 , 4 , 4 , 10 , 2 , 6 , 7 , 5 , 5 , 3 , 3 , 1 , 10 , 6 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 2 , 1 , 2
[19:27] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 6
[19:27] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 22
[19:27] <+Zer0> , 8 , 2 , 6 , 8 , 8 , 3 , 7 , 2 , 8 , 2 , 10 , 10 , 5 , 7 , 6 , 8 , 9 , 6 , 2 , 1 , 6 , 6
[19:27] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 12
[19:27] <@Shinjiro-kun> !roll 22
[19:27] <+Zer0> , 4 , 7 , 10 , 9 , 6 , 5 , 6 , 2 , 4 , 8 , 3 , 10 , 9 , 5 , 8 , 10 , 6 , 2 , 3 , 1 , 1 , 4
[19:27] <+Zer0> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 11
[19:27] <@Shinjiro-kun> (6L, 12L, and 11L.)
[19:29] <@Storyteller> |Lightning roars from Yamato, arcing across the space between Shinjiro and his targets and leaving the cave’s air distinctly crackly and sharply flavored with ozone, as one of the overseers simply explodes (albeit less dramatically than Hector’s did, another falls to the ground, blackened- adding a vaguely bacon-like scent to the environs- and the last staggering, distinctly worse for the wear, its hair and clothes distinctly smokier than usual.|
06[19:42] * @Damion_Cross, moving quickly, sets his glance upon the only one of the five that turned to engage after Anne’s attack not already struck by Hector or Shinjiro. “Little green one, abandoned by your friends? Then be abandoned by Fate as well!” ((1L, Evil Eye))
[19:43] <@Damion_Cross> ((Lesee…where’s that bit re: minus to rolls not being able to exceed one’s Legend?))
[19:47] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Your total dice pool, minus penalties, is floored at your Legend rating.)
[19:48] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 7 11
[19:48] <+Zer0> , 6 , 5 , 6 , 1 , 7 , 8 , 1
[19:48] <+Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 13
[19:50] <@Damion_Cross> ((IN that case, the targeted goblin (?) gets -5 to its dice pool for the next 13 rolls))
06[20:01] * @Wraxian exhales a breath that she perhaps was not explicitly aware she was holding (except of course she was, her vital signs are always under close internal scrutiny) as Damion acts and Fate does not find excuse to break through the boundaries of the Terra Incognita to enact something truly horrific in response.
06[20:10] * @Wraxian assesses the scene before her in silence, seeming to be certain in the band’s ability to handle their current situation, she drifts along behind the chaos, canting her head as she comes to one of the monkeys at work. She meets its gaze briefly, before she fishes in her satchel for a small packet of metal tools, lifting the lock at the end of the heavy chain and applying the tools after a momentary inspection.
[20:11] <@Wraxian> ((dex+larc I think?))
[20:11] <@Wraxian> !roll 6 7
[20:12] <+Zer0> , 8 , 8 , 5 , 6 , 6 , 3
[20:12] <+Zer0> Wraxian Successes: 9
[20:14] <@Storyteller> |The lock clicks open, and the monkey leaps free of its chain without a moment of thought, leaping at the wobbling steam goblin and hacking it to the ground with its pick.|
[20:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…There’s one I didn’t think of!”
06[20:19] * @Wraxian straightens, not yet putting away her tools. “That was not the entirety of the intent, Anne Montelepre, but it will suffice.”
06[20:24] * @Anne_Montelepre, the wind still swirling around her (and lifting her skirt; she made a mental note to switch to cullottes, or at least wear shorts underneath, or something) for her part, tears her pendant from around her neck, sensing the imminent need for a melee weapon. (3-tick Guard)
[20:37] <@Hector`> (Is it me next, or is Anne still going?)
[20:37] <@Storyteller> |The remaining goblin takes a swing at Hector, who very distinctly has the most pack aggro.|
[20:45] <@Storyteller> !roll 11 1
[20:45] <+Zer0> , 7 , 2 , 9 , 2 , 6 , 9 , 8 , 7 , 8 , 7 , 10
[20:45] <+Zer0> Storyteller Successes: 10
[20:48] <@Storyteller> ((Hector will dodge, I think Anne’s guard puts her behind Hector and Doji. No active aggro on the group.))
06[20:51] * @Hector` lets out a roar as he knocks the blow aside, raising his arm as he flexes at the elbow. “Let me show ya how it’s done!” The Mexica boy jackhammers his stone arm down, attempting to pound the goblin into the stone floor like a railroad spike.
[20:51] <@Hector`> !roll 17 11
[20:51] <+Zer0> , 4 , 4 , 5 , 2 , 10 , 8 , 8 , 10 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 7 , 1 , 1 , 4 , 8 , 7
[20:51] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 20
[20:52] <@Storyteller> ((15 thresh)
[20:54] <@Hector`> !roll 24 11
[20:54] <+Zer0> , 9 , 5 , 8 , 5 , 4 , 4 , 2 , 7 , 7 , 7 , 3 , 2 , 9 , 2 , 9 , 5 , 4 , 8 , 8 , 8 , 1 , 10 , 3 , 3
[20:54] <+Zer0> Hector` Successes: 23
[20:55] <@Hector`> (23L)
[20:57] <@Storyteller> |Once again, Hector vaporizes a poor little goblin.|
06[21:11] * @Shinjiro-kun dashes forward as Hector does his jackhammering. Changing his grip on Yamato, Shinjiro breaks into a forward leaping strike. His blade sings through the air with vile intent as it screams toward the goblin that he had singed with his father’s lightning. A crash, like a boom of thunder or the sound barrier being shattered like glass, whips past him as he brings the blade to bear on the charred and singed greenskin, spitting out a curse in his native tongue.
[17:14] <@Storyteller> ((+1 Stunt to Shinjiro))
[17:18] !roll 12 11
[17:18] <+Joshua> , 3 , 2 , 5 , 6 , 10 , 1 , 8 , 6 , 7 , 9 , 4 , 3
[17:18] <+Joshua> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 16
[17:26] <@Storyteller> ((holdon I�m trying to determine the state of what he was attacking))
[17:30] <@Storyteller> ((just going to call it 0 dv due to preoccupation with being Raiden’d.))
[17:31] (Oh boy.)
[17:31] !roll 26 11
[17:31] <+Joshua> , 4 , 7 , 5 , 2 , 4 , 2 , 10 , 10 , 9 , 2 , 1 , 3 , 2 , 2 , 1 , 3 , 2 , 5 , 8 , 8 , 5 , 9 , 7 , 3 , 2 , 10
[17:31] <+Joshua> Shinjiro-kun Successes: 23
[17:32] (23L!)
[17:36] <@Storyteller> |The already crispy goblin doesn’t have much time to look surprised by the enraged Nipponjin descending upon him, before the blade literally cleaves it in two, decaying into vanishing pixels before they can even hit the ground.|
06[17:48] * Shinjiro-kun cleans his blade on the pixelating corpse before glancing back to his friends. “Too easy. Shall we free the rest of the apes?”
[17:50] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, moving towards the nearest of the managed simian in order to do so.
06[17:52] * Hector` smirks and nods, going around and smashing as many locks as he can.
[17:52] <@Storyteller> |The monkeys seem to keep mining, except the one Wraxian freed, which has run off.|
[17:55] <@Storyteller> |As they are freed, they look around, and then immediately race for the way the scions came, with no further goblins to be found.|
[17:56] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks at the lack of response, but shrugs and continues tearing at the chains bare-handed. ((I’ll roll for that if necessary, but I figured she’d had it covered Strength-wise.))
[17:59] <@Storyteller> ((yeah not necessary, they all have more than enough raw strength to break basic chains.))
[18:00] * @Damion_Cross takes a slightly fancier approach: shooting the locks off at range.
[18:05] <@Storyteller> ((lol))
06[18:06] * @Wraxian manages a few more with finesse before the rest of the band manages to free the gaggle of monkeys with their personal brute force tactics.
[18:08] * @Damion_Cross fills the vast chamber with the pinging echoes of empties falling to the ground, as he reloads. “Right… What’s next?”
06[18:09] * Shinjiro-kun idly cleans out one of his ears with his pinky. “Not going deaf?”
[18:10] * @Damion_Cross “Y’get used to it.”
[18:13] <@Storyteller> |Down a short and now monkey and goblin free shaft are a pair of half-naked, mostly moronic looking heavies, twice as tall as any of the kids, blinking stupidly as if they haven’t noticed what else if going on, as they stand in front of a massive door standing closed in its doorframe.|
[18:17] * @Damion_Cross motions for the others to slow down. “Could try and sneak past… y’know, just to be different.”
[18:23] They look dim enough that it might actually work…
[18:28] <@Damion_Cross> “Lesse, then…”
06[18:29] * @Wraxian watches Damion with her still, serpentine sort of curiosity.
[18:39] * @Damion reaches into one of his suit�s pockets, pulling out a camera… specifically, a digital camera that someone tried, very, very hard to make look like an old-style film camera, which he then aims at the rest of the Band. “Say ‘Cheese’~”
[18:47] <@Logicalmob> ((Dreamcraft x 5: He’s trying to render the Band (save himself but including December) invisible to the heavies. By my count, that’s… 15 Legend, Difficulty 1?))
[18:47] <@Logicalmob> ((WAIT))
[18:50] <@Logicalmob> ((6 Legend (3 for each target he’s trying to effect) difficulty 3 (he’s only affecting vision, +1 for moving entity, +1 for complex entity)
[18:50] <@Logicalmob> ((…I think. o_O))
[18:50] ((Wouldn’t that be 12 Legend? Hector + Shinjiro + Anne + December?)
[18:53] <@Logicalmob> ((By “targets” I meant the two giants))
[18:56] <@Logicalmob> ((‘Course, if we count each entity, that might be difficulty 12… or 15 if December’s included o_o))
[18:57] <@Logicalmob> ((Still…better we learn this here, than in the field I think. ^^;; ))
[18:58] <@Conall`Curach> ((Yes, you target the hobgoblins, so 6L.))
[19:00] <@Conall`Curach> ((Now the problem… Dreamcraft can add, subtract, or modify ONE discrete entity per use.))
[19:00] <@Conall`Curach> ((So you need to use Dreamcraft 4 times to edit out Hector, Shinjiro, Anne, and December.))
[19:01] <@Logicalmob> ((Meaning 24 Legend -_-;; I’m thinking that’s a “No” ))
[19:01] <@Conall`Curach> ((And since you’re affecting 2 hobgoblins, you’d need 8 dots of Intelligence to pull that off, since you can maintain a number of illusions equal to your Int dots and each target counts as its own set of illusions.))
[19:04] * @Damion_Cross looks at the shot on his digital screen, finger raised… and sighs, realizing something. “Ahh… technical difficulties, there. But I’ve a Plan B…”
[19:05] <@Damion_Cross> “Go ahead and try to sneak past, best you can. Just stick to the shadows…”
[19:05] * @Damion_Cross grins.
[19:06] <@Damion_Cross> “…and cover your ears.”
[19:08] * @Damion_Cross …And with that enigmatic warning, he starts walking towards the two heavies, whistling a tune too low to be identifiable… just yet, at least. He still holds the camera in one hand… and a handful of his sand in the other.
[19:11] * @Anne_Montelepre looks at the others, silently mouthing “What th fu-”
06[19:41] * Hector` eyes Damion for a long, long while, before glancing to December. Throwing up a cavalier shrug, Hector begins edging along the side of the wall. Stealth is… not exactly his strong suit…
[19:42] * @Damion_Cross continues to approach, finally whistling to get their attention once he’s about 20 yards away, as he uses the sand in his left hand to “paint” a line between him and the heavies.
06[19:42] * @December watches Hector sneak with no small amount of amusement twisting her frosted raspberry lips.
[19:42] <@Logicalmob> ((Pretty sure I’d counted everyone except Damion (I’d other plans for him.))
[19:46] * @Anne_Montelepre gives a sigh of the utterly world-weary variety, obligingly sticking her fingers in her ears as she attempts to sneak forward.
[19:46] <@December> ((wraxian’s stealth is well noted so i would generally expect him to wisely conserve his imaginary legend))
[19:46] <@Logicalmob> ((But…well, you’ll see. XD ))
06[19:50] * Shinjiro-kun scowls before shuffling along the opposite wall of Hector, looking for all the world like he’d rather just be wall running it and calling it a day.
[19:51] * @Damion_Cross holds his ground, waiting until he’s sure he has the enemy’s attention.
06[19:52] * @Wraxian regards Damion with the sort of look that would be disdainful if she were capable of such things. She pads forward, disappearing against the wall almost in spite of him without any concerted effort to actually sneak, though she does follow the others as indicated, almost as if humoring him.
06[19:52] * @December doesn’t really need stealth help either, regarding Damion with crossed eyes and her tongue out, before picking up the tail end of the group.
[19:56] * @Damion_Cross “For the love of–” Seeing no response from the guards, he pulls out one of his Derringer (with the hand that was holding the sand) and shoots them, once each.
[19:58] <@Logicalmob> !roll 9 4
[19:58] <+Joshua> , 2 , 9 , 2 , 9 , 10 , 7 , 4 , 2 , 4
[19:58] <+Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 9
[19:58] <@Logicalmob> !roll 9 4
[19:58] <+Joshua> , 6 , 3 , 4 , 6 , 10 , 4 , 4 , 4 , 1
[19:58] <+Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 6
[20:02] <@Storyteller> |The monsters jerk, scrubbing at themselves where they’re been hit, seeming confused as to what has happened, looking around until they spot Damion, responding in slow, grating unison.| “Heyyy…”
[20:04] *Damion_Cross nods in satisfaction, seemingly to himself, as he clears his throat and unleashes his ultimate weapon (well, one of them): https://youtu.be/BinWA0EenDY?t=32s
[20:07] <@Logicalmob> “‘I’m Blue, Da Ba DE Da Ba Dai!…” (5L, Recurring Distraction, si vous plait. XD))
[20:09] <@Logicalmob> !roll 8 7
[20:09] <+Joshua> , 3 , 4 , 6 , 9 , 7 , 6 , 7 , 3
[20:09] <+Joshua> Logicalmob Successes: 10
[20:10] <@Wraxian> ((omg… ahahhahaha))
[20:11] <@Wraxian> ((+1 for the stunt))
[20:18] <@Logicalmob> ((All right, I’m done violating the Meme Reactivation Accords for one night. ^^;; ))
[20:24] <@Logicalmob> ((Right, then. The heavies are now enjoying a -5 distraction penalty for rather next 24 hours (assuming they don’t make a W+I+L) roll to counter.))
[20:26] <@Storyteller> ((nah, they are susceptible to crowd control XD))
[20:27] <@Logicalmob> ((Um….everyone did cover their ears on our side, yes??))
06[20:28] * @Wraxian certainly would have when it was clear Damion was attempting something with auditory cues, and also, he asked them to, and it’s really only polite.
06[20:28] * @December doesn’t much do polite, but she did cover her ears.
[20:30] <@Storyteller> |The hobgoblins blink, quite a bit, looking at each other, and then bob a bit, completely out of synchronisity.| “Bah dee.. bah die… bloooo… abu… die… I blue… no, you blue… deebabudiee..” |Harmony is a completely foreign concept as the two creatures bounce lightly on the balls of their feet, each to his own internal rhythm and cues.| “abu dee… babu die…”
06[20:33] * Shinjiro-kun clamps his hands over his ears as soon as Damion opens his mouth, scowling all the while.
06[20:34] * Hector` exhales a warm laugh as he holds his palms over the sides of his head, laughing his ass off at the hobgoblin dancers.
[20:35] * @Damion_Cross mutters under his breath, “Well, provided they don’t stomp on anyone by mistake, we should be good.”
[20:36] * @Anne_Montelepre “…There is no God.”
[20:38] <@Logicalmob> ((Anyhow…Stealth rolls as significant bonuses, or..?))
[20:42] <@Storyteller> ((hobgoblins are distracted. Stroll on by.))
[20:48] * @Damion_Cross actually looks a bit disturbed that it worked as well as it did, but doesn’t complain, not even bothering to sheathe himself in darkness as he slips past.
[20:49] <@Logicalmob> ((Strategy for Hades/Heche infiltration: confirmed. XD ))
06[20:51] * Hector` continues to laugh even as he walks right on past the big boys.
06[20:51] * Shinjiro-kun looks disgusted with this whole state of affairs, glancing over to December. “Can I just kill them? It would be more humane.”
06[20:53] * @December is laughing right along with hector, and shakes her head at Shinjiro.
06[20:55] * Shinjiro-kun grimaces, shuffling past.
[21:02] <@Storyteller> |The doors behind the dancing (…?) monsters dwarf them all, appearing closed but with no locking mechanism.|
[21:04] * @Anne_Montelepre turns to Hector, looking grateful for the distraction. “Need a hand pushing it open?”
06[21:06] * Hector` continues to laugh before he hauls back and attempts to punch the doors off of their hinges with his stone arm in one blistering-fast, fluid motion.
[21:11] <@Storyteller> ((uh.. sure… if you wanna… roll that?))
[21:13] <Hector`> (I would be happy to!)
[21:13] <Hector`> !roll 17 11
[21:13] <+Joshua> , 8 , 8 , 3 , 10 , 7 , 8 , 10 , 6 , 10 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 4 , 2 , 2 , 8 , 10
[21:13] <+Joshua> Hector` Successes: 24
[21:13] <Hector`> (I assume that a door is DV 0?)
[21:14] <@Storyteller> ((yes))
[21:14] <Hector`> !roll 31 11
[21:14] <+Joshua> , 10 , 2 , 2 , 8 , 4 , 10 , 3 , 2 , 4 , 2 , 3 , 3 , 7 , 5 , 7 , 5 , 6 , 1 , 4 , 8 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 10 , 8 , 10 , 8 , 8 , 8 , 3 , 7
[21:14] <+Joshua> Hector` Successes: 28
[21:15] <@Storyteller> ((lol))
[21:15] <Hector`> (28L to the door, and I’ll burn 1L for Divine Rampage to zero out its Hardness.)
[21:17] <@Storyteller> |The door puts up a good fight. No wait, it totally doesn’t. it just sortof shatters on impact. As it starts to crumble, it pixelates like the monster have seemed to, vanishing into the ether before any bits can fall and cause any damage.|
06[21:18] * Hector` gives Anne a glance and a smile. “I got it, thanks.”
[21:20] * @Anne_Montelepre just shrugs, grinning as she heads through the door (and away from the earworm-contagion-spreading hobgoblins) as quickly as possible.
[21:22] <@Damion_Cross> “Lesse…should I stick with that, or escalate to “Mr Skullhead? Or maybe–” He, too, heads through the door.
06[21:32] * Shinjiro-kun shuffles through the door, looking for a convenient hole to go curl up and die in.
06[21:33] * Hector` strides through the open doorway, giving his stone arm a bit of a rotation to loosen it up.
[18:15] <@Storyteller> |The furnace-like heat of.. well, a furnace, blasts Hector and anyone else who passes through the opened doors like an oppressive wave of force. Before them its obvious source is a massive cauldron mortar suspended from the ceiling, a thick stream of molten substance flowing into the unknown depths below them. Where they stand is the top of a wide, spiraling ramp with that winds lazily around that glowing tendril of fire and (probably) metal, down beneath them and out of sight.|
06[18:27] * @Anne_Montelepre hops lightly from the ground, sweating in the face of radiated heat as she hovers near the cauldron and its descending stream of molten metal as she dares, trying to get a look at what lay beneath them. (Telescopic Senses)
06[18:28] * @Hector` uses his big-ass arm as a heat shield to try and cut through the haze, his other hand holding his cape like an ersatz Bela Lugosi.
06[18:29] * @Shinjiro-kun gives his sword a flick and a bob, but otherwise doesn’t sell the heat. At all. Not even a little. One rogue bead of sweat gathers at his temple, but just hangs in place like it’s afraid to fall and make him look bad.
[18:29] <@Storyteller> (rofl)
06[18:32] * @Damion_Cross invokes his own trick to “beat the heat” as it were… but perhaps he should�ve shared it with the others, as it’s uncertain how everyone else might react to the anthropormorphic, vaguely-Damion-sized shadow following in their wake now. (2L, Absorb Light)
[18:33] <@Conall`Curach> (So, we have a walking shadow, a battle senshi scout, Dracula with a beret, and a bishounen shonen protagonist.)
[18:34] <@Storyteller> ((you guys are making it really hard to want to put a stop to this silliness.))
[18:34] <@Conall`Curach> (That’s the idea.)
06[18:41] * @December looks distinctly worse for the wear, her tails hanging somewhat limply and her ears and hair plastered almost instantly with a gallon of sweat. She nances about lightly from foot to foot, glancing repeatedly at the heat source in damp discomfort.
[18:44] <@Hector`> Open-flow foundry… whatever works down here must not mind heat. Not that we use any fire, ourselves… but be ready to avoid some flames.
[18:45] <@Storyteller> |Much of Anne’s vision is blocked by the brilliant glow of the molten stream – in fact looking in that direction for too long with enhanced senses is probably a really bad idea. She can, however, clearly hear the sounds of whirring motors and grinding gears, and very large things stomping about.|
06[18:58] * @Shinjiro-kun gives Anne a glance, keeping his own gaze away from the stream of molten metal. “What do you see?”
06[19:00] * @Anne_Montelepre flaps back over to her Bandmates and lands, looking as if she she’s just completed the swimming portion of an Ironman Triathalon, and blinking owlishly, as if she’d been trying to stare past a stream of dripping, molten-hot metal. She doesn’t seem to have much trouble turning towards Shinjiro and replying.
[19:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…Not a damned thing, for a minute or so yet prob’ly. I can hear something–things–stomping around, though.”
[19:03] <@Hector`> Stomping around? Like those oafs earlier?
[19:04] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Those ‘oafs’ weren’t mechanical, though.”
06[19:06] * @Wraxian is even less unbothered than Shinjiro, peering around silently, though she seems to be whirring through multiple different lenses in a rapid succession, the sound of lenses shifting forth and back its own sort of cadence as she studies the large room that they have encountered.
06[19:09] * @December attempts to pretend that the wind from Anne’s wings might provide some sort of relief. All of her clothing is now a second, deeply drenched, skin.
[19:11] <@Damion_Cross> “Suppose if’d meant we’d have to deal with those guys outside again — and that they might get someone with two functioning brains cells this time — but maybe it’s time to Savescum and Quit for today?”
06[19:12] * @Hector` is, thankfully, not looking in December’s direction, or he’d be too distracted to do anything but gawk. He lets out a soft hrmm. “Mechanoids… pah, savescumming. What a waste of time. No sense in playing a game that you can’t lose. Still, this is not precisely a game. What d’you guys wanna do?”
[19:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Hmm….any way we could drop the cauldron on them?”
06[19:20] * @Wraxian glances up at Anne for a moment, inhaling sharply before she turns her gaze away and her lenses snap shut abruptly. “It may be most advisable to adjourn this simulation for this chronal juncture, Hector Leone.”
[19:21] <@Hector`> Wraxian, since this is a simulation and all… will we return to it in this state, or will it reset and reshuffle its parameters?
[19:22] <@Wraxian> “Both options are available within the system’s code matrix, Hector Leone.”
[19:23] <@Shinjiro-kun> Then perhaps we should save and return after formulating a plan of action.
[19:24] <@Damion_Cross> “So yeah, savescum.”
06[19:27] * @Wraxian lowers her head for a moment, her chin almost dropping to her chest, as a wave of digital particulate, apparently scanning the current state of the simulation, sweeps from the outermost walls of the terrain, moving slowly inwards with the group apparently at its focal center.
[19:31] <@Hector`> Works for me.
06[19:31] * @Hector` leans back a bit to watch the AR wave propagate.
06[19:40] * @Anne_Montelepre looks disappointed…and, perhaps, a bit put-out. “Surely there’s something we can do, rather than end this this abruptly?”
[19:44] <@Hector`> If we’re gonna back out, we might as well do it now, rather than before we clear to the boss. Let’s at least save a little face.
[19:57] <@Wraxian> |The digital imprint finally makes its way to the Band, the true center apparently actually Wraxian, as it flows over her and seems to be swallowed by her PLD. As it does, the content around them seems to steadily corrupt and digitize into nothing, until they are standing in a gymnasium, but one unlike what they were familiar with even before; once again, the silent reminder of what has gone missing, as above them is a solid ceiling with the only hanging ropes seem to be on a focused rope course area; over all while all the trappings of a “normal” gym may seem to be present, it also seems to be an expansive training facility more fit for someone preparing for Sasuke, or the Olympics, perhaps even Crossfit, than simple strength training.|
06[19:57] * @Shinjiro-kun looks somewhat enthusiastic about this training facility. He idly rubs a finger along the button pin on his lapel.
[20:05] <@Anne_Montelepre> “SHINJIRO! Is that an implicit “RACE ME!” I see on your face!?”
[20:09] <@Shinjiro-kun> It can be, if you wish to take the challenge.
06[20:11] * @Wraxian turns her head towards Anne for a few moments, before she mentally shelves whatever whispers across her already deeply burdened mind. She simply turns towards the Torii gate doorway, leaving their competitive natures to follow their natural courses.
[20:15] <@December> “Wracks’e-Anne, duss dis plays haff a’nee snow feel’ds hidden innit?” December seems more than slightly in a hurry to empty the refrigerator of ice and then dive into whatever container she can fill it with and jump into, halfway into full fox form by the time she is past the gate.
06[20:17] * @Anne_Montelepre calls after their teacher as she leaves. “NO SHEDDING!!”
[20:17] <@December> ((rude))
[20:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Aah! That’s SUPPOSED TO be damion!!))
06[20:23] * @Hector` shakes his head, looking back to December. He spots her clothes sticking to her and adjusts his cape before he heads off after the kitsune. “I’m going to go… formulate… plans. For things.”
06[20:24] * @Damion_Cross, to his credit*, says nothing, does nothing, does not react in any way whatsoever, in fact.
[20:25] <@Damion_Cross> ((*And/Or extensive practice)

Advertisements

About T.L. Maslar

One prefers the word 'enigmatic', but 'more than a bit odd' works just as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s