Generation S – Issue #087 – The Long-Awaited Moments (Never Turn Out As Expected) – Publication 10.27.15

06[17:41] * @December makes her way through and out of Paris at a very nearly literal break-neck pace. The AWV seems to have a great suspension and some sort of defensive mechanisms that keep them all safely free of both mortal observation and interference. In short work she is racing the sun to the horizon, scanning the road and hills before her through the windscreen for some sign of whom- or what – they are supposed to be meeting.
06[17:45] * @Damion_Cross ‘s even taking a deep breath feels like an effort, given the heavy environment in the passenger bay.
06[17:49] * @Shinjiro-kun just watches Anne, saying nothing.
06[17:49] * @Hector` drums his stone fingers against the dashboard. “We gonna make it?”
[17:51] <@December> “Ee’vin iffen ah godda grab tha feck’n star by tha nuss’n soo’plexit back down…. yes.”
[17:52] <@Hector`> Wanna suplex a train with me?
06[17:53] * @Anne_Montelepre remains as she has been since they reembarked: sitting in her seat, barely reacting to the careening of the vehicle (and her not-entirely-tightened restraints), staring at the two rings: one familiar, one not, both an an unfamiliar finger.
[17:54] <@December> “Anee day, han’sum.”
06[18:09] * @December drops out of near-hyperdrive as they mount a rise just in time to see the dawn break over the French countryside. There is a faint shimer, vaguely mortal person-sized, haloed briefly in that sudden corona, that makes December draw a sharp breath and decelerate rapidly, finding a nearly hidden turn-off that shortly leads them out of immediate sight of the road.
06[18:14] * @Damion_Cross clears his throat, swaying with the sudden decel as best he could. “Looks Like We’re on.”
06[18:16] * @Damion_Cross quickly pats his suit’s pockets, ensuring all the “party favors” are in their usual places.
[18:16] <@Shinjiro-kun> Are you prepared?
[18:19] <@Damion_Cross> “Considering we have no clue who we’re meeting or what fool’s errand they’re sending us on? No, not really….but hum a few bars and I can fake it.”
06[18:26] * @December narrows her eyes as she finally slows to a halt, glowering out the windscreen with a dangerous gleam in her eyes, her features otherwise still horribly schooled to neutrality to keep whatever is lurking below her surface, out of sight.
06[18:31] * @Anne_Montelepre starts slightly as the AWV decelerates — perhaps on instinct, haven spend years at this, it feels — shakes her head violently for a moment, as if trying to clear it, and begins a quick check of her own equipment (Relic and otherwise), albeit a bit listlessly.
06[18:43] * @Shinjiro-kun unbuckles himself, as he knows that his gear is in place. “Sensei, are we moving out?”
06[18:45] * @December nods, even if she can’t be seen. “Mu’ve cahr’fulee, y’ens. Wha’e’res ‘eer… were nah ahloan.”
06[18:51] * @Hector` nods in return, unbuckling himself before he slides out of the front cab and takes a look around.
06[18:51] * @Damion_Cross nods, turning up his collar as he unbuckles and heads for the hatch. “Gotcha.”
06[18:55] * @Damion_Cross heads out, doing his best to blend into the dawn shadows, taking care to cover his features, on the off chance the messenger is someone he’s had “prior business” with. (1L for Shadow mask, please)
[18:56] <@December> `’•{{ bah humbug, I knew i forgot something. Granted. }}•’`
06[18:56] * @Shinjiro-kun opts to come out in full armor, his sword at his side rather than in his pocket.
06[18:57] * @December exhales a slow breath and pops open the driver’s side door, slowly shifting her weight outside of the vehicle, her eyes never leaving the horizon as she keeps to the shadows herself, stopping rigidly as she takes in a slow, deep breath.
06[18:58] * @Anne_Montelepre , for her part, pulls herself up and marches out, almost heedless of Mamou Renard’s warning.
06[19:08] * @Wraxian has silently closed down whatever work she was doing and stood, slowly following what seems like a drastically reduced coterie outside of the relative safety of the AWV. She cants her head slightly, shivering as she stops in the space directly in the long shadow of the rear gate.
[19:09] <@Wraxian> `’•{{ It’s weird to have so few characters to wait for :/ }}•’`
06[19:18] * @Anne_Montelepre glances about, akimbo and with an almost indignant expression on her face for a moment, before realizing what she was doing and shifting to a more defensive, left-foot-leading stance.
06[19:20] * @Hector` reaches up to scratch at his scalp. “So, uh… did we miss our shot?”
[19:32] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 7 7
[19:32] <@Zer0> , 7 , 1 , 10 , 4 , 5 , 9 , 3
[19:32] <@Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 11
06[19:33] * @December breaks. She simply just seems to mentally and emotionally shatter. The explosion of her rage is an almost physically intense thing, and in an instant she has abandoned any pretense of humanity, from a porcelain facade of a mortal woman to a full fledged demon fox- fur, fangs, muzzle, paws and claws and all- in point zero four two milliseconds, her golden eyes wild and furious as she arrives at the hilltop and apparently engages in battle with something- or someone- that they cannot quite see, a shimmer against the budding sunlight. All the while, she is screaming in horrible, barely comprehensible Japanese, almost mindless in her horrific fury. <JP> “YOU WILL NOT DO THIS AGAIN! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HARM THEM, THIS TIME! MY CLAWS WILL TEAR YOUR SKIN FROM YOUR MUSCLE AND YOUR SINEW FROM YOUR BONE AND I WILL SEND THEM BACK CARVED WITH YOUR SINS TO YOUR MASTERS LEST THEY CROSS THE GODDESS OF THE SNOWY MOUNTAIN AGAIN!
[19:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> “MAMOU RENARD!!”
06[19:42] * @Shinjiro-kun breaks into motion, drawing his sword as he rushes forward to assist December.
06[19:42] * @Hector` doesn’t have to be told twice, and breaks into a run as well, his cape knocked aside to reveal the stone arm of fury.
06[19:44] * @Anne_Montelepre drops to one knee, light erupting form her back for a moment as a pair of too-long wings erupt from her back, the sudden flash perhaps obsuring the grim smile on her face as she leaps into the air, taking flight and scanning the forest below her as she followed December’s path. “YOU PICKED THE WRONG DAY FOR THIS, GABE–!!” (1L, Wind’s Freedom)
01[19:50] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Stunt on Anne- null the legend cost }}•’`
06[19:52] * @Damion_Cross . once again, sighs, drawing a pair of his derringers as he moved forward quickly — but quietly, attempting to remain unnoticed by anyone ahead. “Always awkward, walking into a movie at the middle…”
[19:52] <@Damion_Cross> ((Ready for a Stealth roll, if necessary))
01[19:52] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ understood }}•’`
06[19:53] * @Hector` continues to run forward. “CONFIRM HALF-LIFE 3 ALL READY, YOU SON OF A BITCH!”
01[19:54] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ omg… ahahaha }}•’`
[19:57] <@Logicalmob> ((Heh))
01[20:03] <@Storyteller> <The blurred figure abruptly un-cloaks as the effort involved in dodging not just a very, very upset Kitsune, but a stone-armed Mexica, full-Yoroi Nipponjin, and a startlingly winged Francois scion takes aim at him. His face looks like it might have been smiling in welcome a moment before, but everything he has is being thrown into merely keeping himself able to continue to breathe, dodging like a trained master- until December lands a wild uppercut that doesn’t penetrate the apparent armor of his heavy but no longer invisibility-creating cloak dampening a blow that still sends him flying backwards through the air, thudding down into the grass as they- presumably- descend upon him again. With a pained grunt, he quickly holds up his hands without getting up, shouting in rapid-fire and somewhat panicked English.> “Lord willing, please accept my immediate and unconditional surrender- at least let me speak long enough to hear me- nng- out? In my father’s name, please.”
06[20:06] * @Shinjiro-kun levels Yamato at the youth, his eyebrows narrowing behind his mempo. “I do not recognize the authority of your Lord, nor your father. If you have information, then share it, rapidly, lest my patience expire.”
01[20:09] <@Storyteller> <The face and muscular body revealed is that of one- quite literally- out of their nightmares. He is not quite the same man as pulled from Anne’s memories, a handful of years older and more worn, having grown well into his own (and his father’s) good looks, a long scar down the left side of his throat disappearing beneath the heavy rider’s leathers hidden behind the supernatural brown cloth of his cloak, hazel eyes wide and genuinely frightened, clearly not have expecting such a- fervent- response.>
[20:10] <@Hector`> I’m gonna level with you, yo. I’d threaten your pasty white ass, but nothin’ that I can say or do is gonna be worse than what my broski and broskette are gonna do, so…
06[20:13] * @Anne_Montelepre is seething, as she hovers above the scene, the second Moment She’s Vusilialized For Ages upon her…and though she fins her immediate “Kill” reaction muted once again, her unresolved rage is stil plain.
[20:17] <@Anne_Montelepre> *apparently inspired by her Mamou Renard, becayse Winter itself was in her voice* “He isn’t kidding, Gabriel. I’ve already seen it once…”
01[20:17] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel scowls a little, but without any heat behind it, clearly wise enough to be openly trying not to antagonize any of them any further than what his mere existence seems to be managing all of its own.> “It’s generally frowned upon to go about just killing messengers, you know… would you please accept parley and allow me to discuss matters with me, not upon my back?” <His position gives him a fairly spectacular view of Anne in all her wingy glory, and he doesn’t even seem to try to hide the pleasure at seeing her that touches his eyes.>
06[20:21] * @December is towering over not just Gabriel, but all of them, nearly as tall as Freyr was even in his avatar state, her breaths coming in great ragged, heaving gasps, blood and death still clearly in her eyes and in her thoughts, only the (small and realistically inconsequential) distance between herself and the young man, and the children between them, giving her any current pause, but she is so overflowing with seething fury and hatred that she is rocking forth and back just in her effort to be still.
[20:22] <@Hector`> Start discussin’ and if we like what we hear, then we’ll talk about not ripping you a new twat to go with the one that Standish’s been fuckin’ ya in.
[20:24] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And the instant you try to bring any of us to your knees, will see me introducing steel to your brain the next.”
01[20:26] <@Storyteller> <He twitches faintly, hissing faintly, with no small urgency.> “Please don’t say her name out in the open.”
01[20:31] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ one less faintly there, please. self. be a better writer in post. }}•’`
06[20:36] * @Shinjiro-kun faintly eyes the man as he faintly twitches, faintly smirking a faint smirk to himself behind his mempo. His voice is faint and soft on the wind as he speaks, faintly recognizeable as human in the faint light of dawn. “Or what? You’ll faint?”
01[20:36] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ >.< }}•’`
01[20:37] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ now i can’t edit mine out lol }}•’`
[20:37] <@Logicalmob> ((You’re mean, Nate. :P )
01[20:37] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ So mean. }}•’`
[20:41] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Faintly so.)
01[20:44] <@Storyteller> <He lifts his eyes back to Anne, a flash of hurt washing briefly over his features, before he lowers them again, looking suitably ashamed and riddled with guilt.> “Annie… I…” <He stops to cut himself short, focusing on the more immediate and pressing business. He looks around quickly, apparently a bit nervous of more than just them, as if he were worried someone else might be watching – or listening. He cuts quickly to the chase, speaking softly.> “The wouive responsible for the destruction in Paris has been taken in safely. Her clutch remains in the hands of the survivors of the explosion , sheltering in an old tomb a few more klicks from here. Your task remains as previously outlined- with the amendment that you are to return the innocent safely to their mother, in the process.”
01[20:45] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel shakes his head slightly, responding seriously.> “No… or someone might foster some inkling that my loyalties have… altered… since the World was rent sideways.”
06[20:49] * @Anne_Montelepre , indeed, looks as if she’s been preempted.
[20:50] <@Anne_Montelepre> *perhaps a bit softer than before* “Then what are you up to?”
01[20:57] <@Storyteller> <He continues to look like he would like to put his hands down and stand up like a proper messenger, but the continued barely subdued aggression – and the ongoing rocking of what appears to be an insane kitsune- keep him very still and very patiently placating.> “Father requested I accompany you for the mission. <He voice lowers even further, heating slightly with a touch of anger and sorrow reflected in another, very similar, but so much older, face and voice very recently.> “He… felt some… personal… justice was warranted.”
[21:00] <@Hector`> … you have got to me shitting me.
[21:02] <@Hector`> I’m too shocked to English. Such insane. Very unheard.
06[21:09] * @Anne_Montelepre clears her throat…again.
[21:09] <@Anne_Montelepre> “You do realize that if, for whatever reason, your words prove false….some personal justice will be delivered by yours truly?”
[21:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> “That will likely involve my stompting your crotch into Spam?”
01[21:11] <@Storyteller> <He swallows tightly, for all intents and purposes seeming entirely sincere.> “I do not seek to add to my sins, Annie.”
06[21:14] * @Shinjiro-kun eyes the man… before he lowers his weapon. “Tell us everything that you know about the vouivre’s clutch, and about your former employer.”
01[21:16] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel looks minorly panicked jut to be openly thinking about the latter, murmuring quietly,> “Current employer, sir.”
[21:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> “What prompted your change of loyalties, then??–The TRUTH, before I get an early start!”
06[21:20] * @Damion_Cross continues manivering towards Gabriel’s flank, silently.
01[21:28] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel scans the horizon for hidden spies, clearly very, very worried about being overheard.>
01[21:28] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ NOW you can stealth roll. }}•’`
[21:29] <@Damion_Cross> ((Dex + Stealth?))
01[21:29] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Yes please }}•’`
[21:30] <@Damion_Cross> !roll 10 4
[21:30] <Zer0> , 8 , 9 , 9 , 9 , 4 , 3 , 1 , 5 , 7 , 1
[21:30] <Zer0> Damion_Cross Successes: 9
[21:30] <@Damion_Cross> ((Included the bonus from his Suit))
06[21:36] * Hector` exhales a sharp whistle and snaps his stone fingers, causing a spark to fly from his hand. “Over here, bakudo.” (1L for Die Serpenten Gazen)
01[21:53] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel begins to freak out as he seems to catch a slight glimpse of Damion’s movement, before Hector grabs his attention with the spark from his fingers, drawn into the brief burst of flame, silent and mentally chained, while reamining still quite fret-y about his own lack of stealthliness.>
06[21:54] * @Damion_Cross swears under hiw breath.
06[21:54] * @Anne_Montelepre startsd towards the noise.
06[18:30] * @Hector` idly bobs his head from side to side, just to make Gabriel mirror the movement and maybe make him a little dizzy.
06[18:41] * @Anne_Montelepre makes a quick head-count.
06[18:43] * @Shinjiro-kun watches Anne, his brow furrowed. “What are you planning?”
01[18:43] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel bobs his head slowly for a moment, before the fuzziness fades abruptly from his features and his eyes narrow, hazel blazing with fury as he turns his head away from Hector and focuses solely on Anne, baring his teeth in quiet seething as he looks upon her, hurling his hatred into his words. “Is this how you’re going to play this? Because if you think ‘turnabout’ is the right way to go here, just let me go- or do your best to kill me- and Father will know well enough you’d rather employ such tactics and fail, than cooperate, and succeed.”
[18:47] <@Anne_Montelepre> “How I’m — All right, hold up.”
06[18:50] * @Anne_Montelepre raises both hands in a placating gesture, while (again, looking around).
[18:56] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Two things, straight off. One: You’re kinda coming in with two-and-a-half strikes against you, here. We want to give you a chance–”
06[18:56] * @Anne_Montelepre looks towards December at that, perhaps a bit of pleading in her expression.
01[18:56] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel scowls.> “Do you?”
[18:57] <@Hector`> Look, motherfucker. I don’t know what you did, but I ain’t aiming to kill ya unless you piss me off.
[18:57] <@Anne_Montelepre> “–but damned if we’re not taking some precautions first.”
[19:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And yes. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have sent for you.”
01[19:03] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel continues to watch Anne with narrowed eyes, clearly still angry, but exercising patience. He glances at Hector, in a sort of ‘I don’t know you, what the heck is your issue with me?’ kind of look, before he responds to Anne slowly.> “And two?”
[19:11] <@Anne_Montelepre> “While I did send for you, ‘Father’ *she makes air quites with her fingers, her irritation with Freyr once again plain* “–made no mention about you being the person he was sending — or that you were even on speaking terms, for that matter.”
[19:11] <@Anne_Montelepre> “So: how did you end up here?”
[19:13] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Actually, let’s start from the beginning. What happened after we last spoke?”
01[19:16] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel scans the various still rather pissed off faces and body language, apparently unwilling to speak solely to Anne as if the rest of them weren’t there.> “Any chance I can answer from my feet- or at least, not from my back?”
06[19:18] * @December still looks apoplectic with insane fury, and clearly disbelieving they are standing having a conversation with the young man at all. She rocks forth and back, her chest heaving with effort to not just completely lose her mind to a berserk rage.
06[19:20] * @Damion_Cross hasn’t moved since Gabriel picked him up, or at least got a hint that there was someone else there. For now he remains out of sight, in case of shenanigans (that he didn’t personally cause, anyway.)
06[19:20] * @Anne_Montelepre looks a Hector, her expression seconding Gabriel’s question.
[19:22] <@Hector`> Stand up, I don’t care.
01[19:25] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Does Shinjiro or anyone else still have an open blade on him? }}•’`
[19:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Anne never drew a weapon, IIRC (though I suppose the wings are intimidating enough) ))
06[19:27] * @Damion_Cross continues skulking, too cool for OOC double parenthesees.
06[19:31] * @Shinjiro-kun sheathes his sword, for the time being.
01[19:41] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel nods, taking a deep, slow breath, taking care not to make any sudden movements, lifting up to his knees and pausing, whispering a few soft words under his breath,> “Thank you, Father… once again the Hróðvitnir hide saves mine…” <…before he raises to his full height, touching the Inguz run at his throat before his cloak falls back into place overtop it, taking a moment to look up at Anne with a suitable amount of impressedness on his features, before looking around slowly and properly at each of them in silence for a bit, consternation weighing on his face as he clealy doesn’t understand the ratcheded level of hostility amongst them.>
01[20:05] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel shakes his head a little, slowly, continuing to turn his gaze over them (including wherever he thinks Damion is, which is probably at least a few feet off), rather than focusing entirely on Anne.> “A lot of those days… years, I guess- are a haze behind… her voice whispering incessantly in my ear. I- really, I remember meeting Father- the old-world-blooded one- and then… I remember – sortof- trying to bring you to… them… I remember doing a lot of things that… I haven’t sorted out entirely yet, but… but mostly, I remember waking up one day… my head clear… for the first time in a long time… alone with my thoughts… no other little voices modifying my thoughts, my actions.”
[20:08] <@Anne_Montelepre> “How long ago was that?”
[20:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Sorry for the short response, but it made sense to ask, I thouught.))
06[20:17] * @Hector` just watches Gabriel with his arms crossed over his chest, letting the man spit it all out.
01[20:25] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel runs a hand through his hair, moving to check his wrists where a watch might usually be, before shaking his head softly, speaking in a low voice. He still seems antsy that someone might be listening in.> “The Day the Worlds Broke – nearly- almost, two years ago, I think.”
06[20:29] * @Anne_Montelepre takes a deep breath,, releases it slowly. “So some good came of it, at least….and then?”
01[20:36] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel nods, looking at her curiously. Perhaps he’s heard some rumors, but he doesn’t comment on it as yet.> “My mind might have been freed- but I wasn’t. I had to keep playing along, pretending whatever she had done hadn’t been destroyed thoroughly, or it’d have been my life, or back into that… that subservient state- which was probably worse. Eventually, I was able to get a message through to Father, and we were able to meet in secret, and.. have a long conversation. When we were done… I went back in.”
06[20:44] * @Anne_Montelepre ‘s eyes narrow, though it’s pretty clear that Gabe isn’t the target. “He. Sent. You. BACK!?”
[20:49] <@Hector`> S’only natural, Annie. He was the man on the inside.
[20:50] <@Hector`> Best way to get intel on a cult is to infiltrate it.
01[20:52] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel holds up his hands, placating gently.> “Simmer it, Annie. I volunteered. If I hadn’t… she’d have just found some other will to subvert. I haven’t done a lot of good since I… since that last day I saw you.” <He nods to Hector, gratefully.> “He made sure I’d go back in safely- I can hear the whispers, the instructions, but I don’t have to obey them, any more- and I’ve been helping to stymie her at almost every turn, without her catching on, for almost a year and a half.”
[20:53] <@Shinjiro-kun> How does she not know yet?
01[21:02] <@Storyteller> <He smiles somewhat sheepishly at Shinjiro.> “The chaos in the Worlds betray her nearly as much- or more- than I do. Even still, she still relishes some minor successes, thinking they’re progress. But between my efforts and the utter crazy that’s befallen the Worlds- the damage she’s been able to inflict has been kept to a minimum. Recruits are sparse- the pantheons have been keeping theirs pretty close for a long time- so she’s come to rely too heavily on whom she has- without ever thinking any of us might be as much of a part of the problem as the chaos out here.”
[21:04] <@Hector`> That’s pretty clever… so how do we know that we can trust you?
01[21:08] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel holds his hands out, palm up, shrugging slightly.> “If you’re not inclined to… I’m not sure how to convince you that you can. I still haven’t figured out why all of you went nuts when you saw me, and not just… Annie.”
06[21:16] * @Anne_Montelepre sighs, again. “That’s….complicated. Long story short: we fought someone based on you……and my…less-than-flattering impressions of you from last time.”
[21:16] * @Anne_Montelepre looks towards first December, then the others.
[21:17] <@Anne_Montelepre> “It….could’ve ended better.”
01[21:17] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel raises his brows, incredulous.>
[21:19] <@Hector`> I just plain don’t like swerves.
06[21:19] * @Shinjiro-kun simply rests his hands on his thighs, as his armor doesn’t have pockets.
06[21:20] * @December snarls lowly, looking away, before just completely turning away, trying her best to get her mind back to some resemblance of sanity.
01[21:20] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel> “I’m sorry… swerves?”
[21:21] <@Hector`> Weren’t expecting you, sunshine.
[21:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “All right….I think we can trust each other,, for the moment, at least?”
06[21:27] * @Anne_Montelepre looks towards the others.
[21:28] <@Hector`> I think so.
06[21:28] * @Shinjiro-kun gives Anne a slow nod.
01[21:29] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel looks a little hopeful, looking between them.>
[21:30] <@Damion_Cross> “If he’s lyin,’ he’s damned good at it.”
06[21:31] * @Damion_Cross saunters over, as if he hadn’t been skulking in the shadows via supernatural means the whole time.
01[21:35] <@Storyteller> <Gabriel hides his startlement, slightly, almost looking relieved to find what- or rather whom- has been hiding, as he assesses the Band’s response – or lack thereof – to the young man’s sudden visibility.>
06[21:37] * @Anne_Montelepre doesn’t show much surprise, her quick count earlier having shown who exactly was missing. Besides, her attention was on December at the moment.
06[21:37] * @Hector` doesn’t look surprised, either.
06[21:37] * @Shinjiro-kun looks annoyed.
[21:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Mamou Renard?”
06[21:39] * @December speaks very softly. “… anne…?”
[21:43] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I know this is awkward….but we do need him, and he seems to be on the level…”
06[21:45] * @December ‘s voice shakes wildly. “ah ‘erd.”
06[21:51] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, then turns back to Gabriel, thinking it best not to push her further just yet.
[21:51] <@Anne_Montelepre> “All right. You’ve instructions for us, then?”

Advertisements

About T.L. Maslar

One prefers the word 'enigmatic', but 'more than a bit odd' works just as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s