Generation S – Issue #086 – The Wake: Confrontation, Education, Mastication… Abduction – Publication 10.13.15

[17:12] <@Maddy> We don’t seem to have much of a choice.
06[17:13] * @Maddy looks grim, gripping Brynn tightly.
06[17:17] * @Anne_Montelepre scans the area….again.
01[17:17] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ You guys mentioned maybe running through names off camera- just as a reminder as you decide where you want to springboard to, from here. }}•’`
01[17:17] <@Storyteller> <Brynn continues shuddering faintly, his face hidden in Madison’s hair. The overwhelming amount of spirits in the area doesn’t seem to agree much with him.>
[17:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Yeah))
06[17:18] * @Hector` watches the bean sidhe with a look of… not quite trepidation, but not comforting, either.
[17:19] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…Pretty sure they moved the….the eggs.”
06[17:19] * @Shinjiro-kun looks from Anne to the scene, before he exhales a single word in an elongated breath. “Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.”
06[17:20] * @Anne_Montelepre winces as she says it, looking towards the wizened ghost of the Scion of Freyr.
01[17:24] <@Storyteller> <The ghost of the man called Michael Narnist still hovers with somewhat apologetic protectiveness in Wraxian’s vicinity, looking to Anne in grim silence, eyes that were probably once warm and welcoming now serious and touched with fury.>
06[17:25] * @Damion_Cross , for his part, concentrates on the assembled shades of those caught in the blast….and those who died before, looking for any who had been among those running the faciility in life.
06[17:26] * @Damion_Cross The iron-bound Lantern remains in his left hand, its light as always flickering due to the small cloud of shades orbiting it.
06[17:28] * @Maddy holds Brynn close and kisses him, covering what parts of his face he can reach.
06[17:29] * @Chris_G sighs softly, his grey eyes scanning their surroundings and his friends. “How do we begin? I’m afraid I feel rather ignorant in this situation. How do I help you, Anne?”
01[17:32] <@Storyteller> <Damion will not have to strive too hard to find any bracketed in the category he is seeking, though for the most part, the dozen or so in tattered lab coats, with limbs clearly severed and replaced, those who were on the instigating side of these traumas, are having a harder time hiding just as much due to the actions of the benevolent spirits of their victims than the light of Damion’s lantern, though it will certainly highlight their once-snowy coats quite nicely nevertheless. Each is ringed with a small group of scion and beast ghosts, taking no vengance upon them, but nevertheless clearly keeping them from doing anything like trying to hide or flee.>
06[17:33] * @Anne_Montelepre takes a deep breath, releases it slowly, as if trying to settle down enough to know the answer to Chris’ question herself. She turns toward Chris, ticking points off on fingers as she thought about them.
[17:35] <@Hector`> (Just for clarity’s sake, are those dead folk illuminated by the lantern visible to everyone or just the Lightbringer?)
[17:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Have to find out where they went for certain….more info about who there are, too. They were strong enough to take on Scions and some seriously powerful beings.”
01[17:36] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Those with death senses, obvy, and then any directly illuminated by the light of the latern will be visible to all.- as well as Michael and Victoria both for other reasons. }}•’`
[17:36] <@Hector`> (Arigatou, Storyteller-sama.)
06[17:37] * @Shinjiro-kun snaps his katana back out at the sight of the labcoated spirits. “Will this do anything to them?”
06[17:38] * @December recovered from pretty much emptying herself of bile forcefully at some point, scrubbing what is meant to be a comforting hand quickly through Brynn’s hair, before returning to Hector’s side and slowly scanning harrowed eyes over the remains of the guts of the building and its hundreds of non-living inhabitants.
06[17:39] * @Wraxian is still sitting on the floor, her back to the wall. She might be unconscious, which would probably be understandable.
[17:43] <@Damion_Cross> “Doubt it….but I think their ‘friends’ have it covered.”
06[17:44] * @Shinjiro-kun exhales a heavy growl before putting the sword away. “They deserve worse.”
06[17:44] * @Hector` gives December’s waist a squeeze with his fleshy hand. “What do you think, baby? You want to rip some mother fuckers apart?”
06[17:44] * @Damion_Cross holds the Lantern a bit further out, to better illuminated the Labcoats and their former “guests”.
01[17:46] <@Storyteller> <Victoria, who doesn’t have the same imprinted sense of power upon her- combined with her nerdy, if slightly fasionable modern attire, it is an easy assumption to make that she is amongst the uninvolved mortals killed in the explosion- shudders a little as the lantern illuminates all of the horror strewn throughout the blasted-open space.>
06[17:50] * @Maddy forces himself to take in the specters, his jade eyes filling with tears.
06[17:51] * @Chris_G turns himself in a full circle before his gaze falls on Victoria and he winces.
06[17:54] * @Damion_Cross ‘s jaw ttightens,, for once plainly not in a joking mood.
[17:54] <@Damion_Cross> “If anything of theirs survived this fiasco halfway intact, I can try and trace it.”
[17:55] <@Hector`> It looks like several bombs went off in here, but if you can find somethin’, more power to ya.
06[17:55] * @December leans into Hector gratefully, her hands clenching spasmodically, furious gaze slashing over those obviously responsible, searching for a singular face to hold responsible for the death of her ‘sister’.
[17:58] <@December> “Hai.” she shakes her head faintly, struggling to tamp down overwhelming horror and hatred from completely overwhelming her and flipping a switch somewhere within her to do unto others to the best of her abilities. “…buh ah dunnae tha’spose’dta be wha wer’ere fer.”
06[17:58] * @Anne_Montelepre turns to Michael, and the unconscious Wraxian. “Will she be alright? — and yes, I understand now that you had to do it that way.”
01[17:59] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Trying to get responses out for everyone asap, im hurrying }}•’`
01[18:01] <@Storyteller> <Damion’s ‘light’ falls onto an encircled lab-coated woman, one of her eyes clearly having been scooped away and replaced with another, feline, unnaturally too large for her skull so that it bulges from her face gortesquely. She sneers and clearly would attempt to strike at him, but her guardians are keeping her well-penned and unable to find new ways to do harm.>
[18:05] <@Maddy> Yes… please tell us if she’s ok. She’s my…. we all…. I need her.
01[18:06] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks back at Wraxian, once-handsome features turning solemn and saddened.> “Even for one of you… us….. realistically… I don’t know how a mind recovers from such a thing. But then, I didn’t know anyone could do…” <He gestures a little weakly, to where the projection was,> “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you, I was trying to help. I could feel… how powerfully Ivy imprinted, and… I thought it would… kill her…”
[18:07] <@Chris_G> Ivy?
[18:07] <@Hector`> Who’s Ivy, yo?
06[18:09] * @Damion_Cross , sensing the woman’s hostility, forces a cheap shot. “…Dayum. I hope you sued your plastic surgeon for her back teeth, lady.”
01[18:09] <@Storyteller> <Michael nods softly.> “I thought I mentioned before- the one who- who- Who I–” <He breaks off, shaking and straining to control his own emotions.> “When they were excited, they would call her ‘Wouive.’ … but I just called her ‘Ivy.'”
[18:11] <@Hector`> … why’d they call her after a wyvern?
[18:13] <@Anne_Montelepre> *softly* “…The projection, remember? She looked at least somewhat, well, reptilian.”
[18:14] <@Hector`> Well, yeah, but that’s still an awfully odd name to use for a nickname… unless it wasn’t.
01[18:15] <@Storyteller> <Michael shakes his head softly.> “I never saw her… except as a woman, but…”
[18:17] <@Chris_G> …what IS she then?
[18:18] <@Hector`> Prolly a vouivre. Wyvern-like, prolly titanspawn, can disguise itself as a person…
06[18:19] * @December states the obvious-ish. “…Dragg’n.”
[18:21] <@Chris_G> ….what.
06[18:21] * @Hector` looks around for David Tennant.
[18:22] <@Shinjiro-kun> European dragons are often said to be able to wear mortal shapes, are they not?
06[18:23] * @December nods gently. “Use’lee a sign uf’dere pow’r, s’well.”
01[18:27] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks a little flummoxed- if ghosts could blush, he might be doing so- shaking his head softly. He whispers his apologies to her, softly and fervently, over and over.>
06[18:30] * @Anne_Montelepre gently clears her throat, trying to politely get Michael’s attention.
[18:30] <@Hector`> So, we’re either dealin’ with some kinda vicious wyvern-dragon spirit… or a dragon powerful enough to shapeshift. Either way… fuck.
01[18:31] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks up at Anne.>
01[18:33] <@Storyteller> <The labcoated woman Damion taunts responds something wholly unpolite in French, which includes a rather detailed account of what she would happily do to him were she still breathing.>
[18:35] <@Damion_Cross> *deadpan, in English* “Not so loud: you’ll give Maeve ideas.”
01[18:35] <@Storyteller> <Maeve leers.> “Oh no, please do go on. This stuff is gold.”
[18:37] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I’m sorry, but…how did you end up here? Who are these people?”
01[18:40] <@Storyteller> <Michael shakes his head gently, pain washing over his features.> “I… never really knew. I was… on holiday here with… with my family and… I went out for a drink. The next thing I remembered… I was here… and they were- they wanted me to-” <He looks like he might be trying to retch, himself, reliving the horror of the last year of his life in a sudden flash.>
06[18:47] * @Anne_Montelepre reaches out with one hand, again trying to comfort him by squeezing his shoulder. “I’m sorry.”
06[18:47] * @Hector` shakes his head, looking like he’s going to be sick. “I really don’t think that this is helping.”
[18:48] <@Chris_G> You were tricked. Decieved?
01[18:50] <@Storyteller> <Michael remains incorporeal and untouchable, unless Anne is deliberately enacting something to the contrary. He shakes his head and closes his eyes tightly.> “I don’t know.”
06[18:52] * @Chris_G steps forward, as if to reach out to him.
[18:53] <@Chris_G> I… understand.
06[18:54] * @Damion_Cross , meanwhile, keeps prodding the late scientist’s shade. “I’m curious, though: what makes you think you can handle me?
06[18:55] * @Maddy nods at Damion. “Us. Together.”
01[18:58] <@Storyteller> <She looks haughty and mocking even in her state of already being put out of their misery.> <Fr> “Our kind have been handling your kind for a thousand years. We have tamed every beast and boy and girl we have found and no one has ever even known we were here.”
[19:01] <@Maddy> You haven’t tamed us.
[19:01] <@Maddy> …and frankly I’m starting to lose my patience. So kindly eat a dick.
06[19:02] * @Maddy kisses Brynn again, pointedly ignoring any response she may have.
06[19:02] * @Damion_Cross smirks. <fr>”Well, I got bad news for you lady: ‘Your Kind’ just fucked up a thousand years of work in one damn day.”
06[19:05] * @Chris_G can’t help but crack a grin at Maddy, though it disappears from his face fairly quickly.
01[19:05] <@Storyteller> <She hisses and snorts derisively, but doesn’t seem to have a decent comeback for that. Considering she is dead and all, really, she’s arguing from a rather weak perspective.>
[19:05] <@Hector`> Dammit, Damion, stop surrendering.
06[19:06] * @Shinjiro-kun covers his face with his palm. “Could someone kindly translate?”
06[19:09] * @Damion_Cross casually flips Hector off, even as he goes in for the kill (though he does switch back to English). “Pretty damn impressive, though, how the building had enough room for you AND your oversized egos. Who’d you work for, anyway?” ((1L for Blurt It Out, pretty please.))
01[19:17] <@Storyteller> <She snorts again, laughing, responding with the fervor of the insane, with the passion of the devoted and faithful.> “We are our own! We owe allegiance to NO ONE! We have always and will always take from those who walk in the world thinking they are better than we and we will document for all that they are still NOTHING beneath our blades and our will!”
[19:18] <@Chris_G> Looney Tunes.
06[19:19] * @Anne_Montelepre raises an eyebrow.
[19:20] <@Maddy> What?
[19:20] <@Chris_G> What?
[19:23] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…Not quite what I expected, is all.”
06[19:24] * @Maddy mock whispers to Anne. “She’s dead. It seemed rude to keep pointing THAT out.”
[19:27] <@Hector`> Yeah, about that… you’re a fuckin’ pile of dust. But, still, y’know. Make a space. Build a whole playhouse out of your own ashes. ‘Cause I’m gonna send you some buddies, some friends of yours, to join you.
[19:28] <@Maddy> I fully intend to assist with that task.
[19:29] <@Chris_G> Yeah… and I’m getting fucking antsy about it too.
[19:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “‘We’re better than you!’ shrieks the crazy woman with the Totally-Not-Stolen mismatched eye.”
[19:36] <@Shinjiro-kun> I intend to find whatever hole that you have squirreled yourselves into, rip the walls down, then rip down the ceiling, use it to beat you all to a bloody pulp, and then RIP the pulp up from the floor, CRUSHING it between my hands, GRINDING YOUR PASTE TO DUST, and then STOMP ON THE PIECES UNTIL THEY ARE ALL SCATTERED ON THE FOUR WINDS!
[19:36] <@Chris_G> Have I ever mentioned how much I like him?
06[19:37] * @December blinks, startled, at Shinjiro, and then breaks out into a wide grin.
[19:37] <@December> “Meh too.”
06[19:38] * @Anne_Montelepre looks a bit off-guard at Shinjiro’s outburst, but grins. “It’s a start.”
06[19:40] * @Damion_Cross steps away from the assembled ghosts, his eyes carefully scanning the deretus thrown about by the explosion.
01[19:40] <@Storyteller> <Michael and Victoria (and any other of the visible ghosts) look flabberghasted as well, though more than a few of the victims of the lab-coats quickly break into ghostly cheers for the sentiment a few moments later, the undead tide of it rippling through the room with an otherworldly force.>
01[19:41] <@Storyteller> <Maeve rolls her eyes and faux-gags a little at all the happy-feely-destructy, though she does look okay with the violence.>
[19:42] <@Chris_G> Where do we start?
06[19:44] * @Anne_Montelepre thinks for a moment, then turns to Victoria.
[19:44] <@Hector`> Okay, okay, okay… so there were a ton of creatures of Legend kept here. The threads of Fate are probably running through here like Grand Central Station. One of those has gotta be a decent lead.
01[19:44] <@Storyteller> <There is not much left in the wake of the power of the angry, pregnant and tortured dragoness, much of everything just utter slag. Here and there, though, are remnant; a half-melted scalpel, perhaps made of titanium; one heavy metal and stone eldritch shackle, the chain and matching piece apparently turned to dust.>
[19:45] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I know you said you didn’t know about this place….but did you see anything that ‘didn’t fit’? Unusual comings-and-goings, strange packages, anything?”
06[19:46] * @Damion_Cross leaves the scalpel for now, instead kneeling down to examine the shackle.
01[19:48] <@Storyteller> <Victoria looks like she might cry, overwhlemed and dead and mortal in the face of all of this madness.> “We ‘ad no idea. Most of us just thought it was… fun, with how weird the world has seemed lately… we wanted to embrace the fantasy, the romance of the what ifs, non? I never saw anyone but.. our crew. Never heard anything. We just thought… we dreamed the world could have… magic…” <She drifts off, looking around at them, at the ghosts around her, and lowers her head, shaking it slowly.>
06[19:49] * @Maddy releases Brynn for a moment, walking over to the scalpel and picking it up.
01[19:50] <@Storyteller> <The main clasp is blasted to a charred scorch, from the inside of it. It is definitely nothing a mortal could have made by any stretch. The runes on it are indicative of the aesir, or their kine, and there is plenty of lore to be had to back up the creation of such a thing in that family tree, as it were.>
06[19:54] * @Maddy carries it back to his love, turning it over in his hands.
01[19:58] <@Storyteller> <Brynn watches Madison, trying not to look as overtly repulsed as he feels.>
[20:00] <@Maddy> I’m sorry. I just… hoping for a clue.
01[20:02] <@Storyteller> <Brynn nods in understanding.>
06[20:02] * @Damion_Cross dusts the shackle off as he examines it. “One of the restraints they used on poor Ivy, looks like.” Reaching into one of his pockets, he pulls out a pinch of nearly-white sand, which he sprinkles over the runes, while mumbling something that sounds not unlike a prayer under his breath. He then blows gently, almost like a forensic tech dusting for fingerprints, trying to follow the manacle’s path through History. ((1L, Ariadne’s THread))
01[20:03] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Percetion and Survival please }}•’`
[20:04] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 7 4
[20:04] <+Zer0> , 1 , 9 , 10 , 7 , 4 , 3 , 6
[20:04] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 8
06[20:04] * @Maddy watches Damion curiously.
01[20:04] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Whelp, you have 8 days of Track Wouive. }}•’`
[20:05] <@Hector`> (Talk about doing it with Flair.)
[20:05] <@Hector`> (WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-uive!)
[20:05] <@Hector`> You guys found some stuff?
[20:07] <@Maddy> I found this.
06[20:07] * @Maddy shows the scalpel to Hector.
[20:07] <@Maddy> it looks straightforward enough, though I shudder to think what it might have been used for.
[20:08] <@Chris_G> just ugh.
01[20:09] <@Storyteller> <Presuming that Unlidded Eye has long since faded (for Damion’s sanity if nothing else), a ball of silvery thread rolls languidly from the shackle in his hands, gently rolling out towards the ‘front door’ that they came in through. Oddly enough, perhaps, are the four wobbly little weaker threads that spring from the shackle, making their way out the blasted back side of the warehouse.>
[20:12] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Can everyone see those?))
01[20:13] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Nope that’s Damion only }}•’`
[20:14] <@Damion_Cross> “…Well shit. It looks like ‘Ivy’ went this way–”
06[20:14] * @Damion_Cross points out the front door.
01[20:15] <@Storyteller> <Michael blinks, before uttering a strangled, somewhat joyous cry.> “…She’s alive?!”
06[20:18] * @Damion_Cross raises a hand. “I can’t tell what shape she’s in, or if she went under her own power: just her direction.”
[20:19] <@Shinjiro-kun> She’d better be alive. It won’t be fun to rip her tongue out and beat her to death with it if she’s dead.
01[20:20] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Uhh… are you sure about that before you get a reaction to it? }}•’`
01[20:21] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Or is Shinjiro labelling Ivy as one of the bad guys? o.O }}•’`
[20:21] <@Shinjiro-kun> (He’s very, very pissed off right now.)
01[20:21] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Okay, just checking. }}•’`
01[20:22] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks offended, starting to pulse with a sort of ghostly anger of his own.> “….WHAT?!?”
[20:22] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Wha — SHINJIRO!”
[20:23] <@Hector`> Guys, guys, guys. He’s so pissed that he can’t think straight. Give him a pass on this one.
[20:26] <@Damion_Cross> “…In any case, she went that way, BUT–”
06[20:26] * @Damion_Cross points in the direct opposite diirection, throught the back of the warehouse.
[20:27] <@Damion_Cross> “I’ve four weaker trails going THAT way also.”
[20:29] <@Hector`> I think that Ivy’s our best bet. We want her on our side.
01[20:31] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks back and forth between the kids as he tries to figure out if he should continue to be worried and/or pissed off or not.>
[20:33] <@Maddy> Shinjiro…
[20:33] <@Maddy> Focus.
06[20:33] * @Chris_G nods to Damion, taking Anne by the hand.
06[20:35] * @Anne_Montelepre nods quickly as Chris takes her hand.
[20:35] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I agree. Plus she may be injured– or still being pursued.”
[20:35] <@Chris_G> Peace. He’ll be ok, Michael.
06[20:36] * @Shinjiro-kun closes his eyes, shaking with raw anger.
[20:38] <@Anne_Montelepre> “We’ll combine our forces, and our knowledge.”
06[20:40] * @Anne_Montelepre looks towards Michael and Victoria. “Will you come with us?”
01[20:42] <@Storyteller> <They both blink at each other, these two ghosts whose lives probably could not have been any more different, then to Anne, both confused. Victoria whispers softly,> “I.. don’t know… are we.. can we even… leave?”
06[20:45] * @Anne_Montelepre stops short, thinks, then…
[20:45] <@Chris_G> If you can… I think it’d be with us.
[20:46] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I think you can…in fact, part of me thinks you’re meant to.”
[20:48] <@Hector`> Do you really wanna hang around this dump for all eternity?
01[20:48] <@Storyteller> <Michael lowers his head, shoulders slumped as he cries silently.> “If it means… I could see her… one last time, if I could apologize, for what I did- I-”
06[20:51] * @Chris_G nods. “Come with us. Help us. We can help you. As much as is possible.”
06[20:51] * @Shinjiro-kun pivots on his heel, beginning to stalk toward the door, still simmering with anger.
01[20:51] <@Storyteller> <Victoria smiles weakly, and nods.> “Al-All right.”
06[20:53] * @Damion_Cross catches the motion, looking between his five silvery threads. “Hey, Shinjiro? Where’you–”
[20:54] <@Anne_Montelepre> “A storm not of one’s making…a terrible price….a chance to help set things right…”
06[20:54] * @Anne_Montelepre seems to be whispering to herself.
[20:55] <@Shinjiro-kun> We’re not gonna find Ivy standing around like pillocks. Come on! Move your asses!
06[20:57] * @December looks at Anne, her eyes narrowing as she listens to her whispers.
06[17:35] * @Shinjiro-kun continues stalking off, as if he could not find Ivy fast enough.
06[17:36] * @Damion_Cross follows, shaking his head.
[17:37] <@Damion_Cross> *sotto voce* “….Doesn’t even know where we’re going yet…”
[17:38] <@Chris_G> Just follow him… we can’t let him go off alone.
06[17:38] * @Maddy grips Brynn’s hand, pulling him along gently.
06[17:41] * @Anne_Montelepre frowns at (apparently) nothing for a moment, until the same hovering map from earlier appears before her.
[17:42] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Acting on the assumption that she could pull up the previous map; if not I’ll pay the 1L))
[17:44] <@Shinjiro-kun> (As long as you’re in the same duration, you should be OK.)
[17:45] <@Hector`> Chris’s right, he’s liable to punch a building for gettin’ in his way.
[17:46] <@December> `’•{{ will provide a response for anyone going outside in a moment. }}•’`
06[17:49] * @December keeps an eye on Anne and the map she summons, looking down and back over at Wraxian. She crouches beside her to make sure everything got back into the girl’s satchel before lifting her up over her shoulder in a fireman’s carry, the inadvertent results of which are a glorious indoor moon.
[17:49] <@Damion_Cross> ((o_O;;))
06[17:50] * @Anne_Montelepre taps one of the red-and-blue polyhedrons representing her five Immortals. “Be advised, we will likely be leaving the city. New orders are–”
06[17:52] * @Anne_Montelepre ‘s eyes bug out slightly as she briefly scans their surroundings, and spots Wraxian and December. “Mamou Renard! Mind her skirt!”
06[17:54] * @December jumps a little, blinks, and then with no decency at all, grins with wicked sheepiness, raising the hand not bracing the girl’s legs to tug at the skirt a little. It doesn’t help much.
06[18:00] * @Anne_Montelepre then reddens, as she realizes she’s on a hot mic. “Disregard last! New orders: You’re at liberty until nightfall. Threat to the crowd…. isn’t what we thought it was, and it’ll take you too long to get back here. Recommend heading due North; you can amuse yourselves there. Will send for you if necessary after dark. Out.”
06[18:00] * @Maddy facepalms.
[18:00] <@Maddy> December… I don’t think she would care but… do try anyways.
[18:01] <@December> `’•{{ <snerk> }}•’`
06[18:01] * @December nods solemnly to Madison.
01[18:01] <@Storyteller> <Maeve doesn’t even hide her admiration and blatant amusement with the situation.>
[18:01] <@Hector`> Sooo… should I understand that we’ve got a bunch of dead French dudes walkin’ about modern-day Paris?
[18:03] <@Hector`> Also, note to self, buy Wraxian some underpants… nevermind, she wouldn’t see the point…
06[18:06] * @Anne_Montelepre shakes her head as she dispells the Map and heads for the door. “No, they’re riding around Paris. And they look alive at least.”
01[18:07] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ all right, assuming a reasonable ratio of people are at/beyond the door… moving on. Warning: INCOMING SPAM. }}•’`
01[18:08] <@Storyteller> <Stepping outside is, in a way, like walking out into some other world, as if they hadn’t just left the streets of Paris (who knows how long ago) previously. As if gravity had been turned up to OVER NINE THOUSAND, a collective force of presence, willpower, and general in-human-ness bears down on them with so much force that they may quickly find themselves driven to complete inaction, if not directly to their knees.>
06[18:14] * @Damion_Cross freezes, reflecting on how, he, personally, has found himself in this (well, similar) positions with distressing frequency of late, and surreptiously looking for a nice, comfy shadow to melt into.
01[18:14] <@Storyteller> <What awaits them outside of the immediate premises should probably be expected, but the ‘reality’ of it likely smacks into the Band’s face with the force of a thousand furies. The entire perimeter is now lined in fully-armored women, most of them strong shades of blonde, piercing blue eyes colder than any iceberg any ship ever ran aground upon. Interspersed with these women are men and women of all flavors and walks of life, every one in black shihakusho over a white shitagi with matching black hakama, hosode, and white tabi, a katana at their hips. Each bristles silently, seething not directly at the children standing in the alleyway, but at what is left behind them. They know. If any of them doubted that the Greater personages of the pantheons were somehow unaware when they were sent there, of what unfolded within those walls, it can hold no ground against the baleful, enraged eyes of the warrior men and women aligned before them. As if this were not enough, for every dozen or so of these guardians, it would seem, another entity looms large, twenty and thirty feet tall, towering over the building in a more quiet, terrifying rage of their own. Perhaps there are more of them than most of them can easily name, or more than not, they are recognizable sheerly for their singular sameness, despite their differences: a dour, could-have-been-handsome olive-complexioned man in a night-black designer suit, looking very much like a dapper hollywood star; a hunched and huddled form in a great tattered cloak and cowl, bony but feminine hands warped and dessicated, crossed with false demureness before her; a woman of stunning beauty from one angle, yet as if someone drew a line down her forehead and nose, the other is twisted and warped in just as breath-taking horror, the entire mien tinged hoarfrost-blue; a great bare-chested man with a dark and keen-eyed canine’s aspect where a normal man’s head should be; an ancient and withered old man, barely more than a blood-speckled skeleton, his little-more-than-a-skull noggin somehow supporting a headdress of owl feathers and paper banners, a necklace of what are clearly eyeballs from things at least vaguely human-sized draped over his neck-spine and protruding ribs; a pale, gothic diva festooned in jewels, who needs no introduction; a tall, tuxedo’d man whose dark skin is stark beneath the arctic white skull painted over his features, his lightless black eyes glittering even from behind his heavily shaded glasses; a man with four arms, deep royal blue-indigo skin bare beneath his white and gold fringed wrap a sharp contrast to his burning (albeit not literally) scarlet eyes…>
[18:19] <@Damion_Cross> *sotto voce again* “Yes, way too often.”
01[18:20] <@Storyteller> <Standing alone before them all, closer to normal-sized but still bordering on a good eight-foot nothing, waits a debauched billionaire whose sad, quiet (and again, oh so familiar) eyes bely the horrific anger etched on every other face surrounding him. He looks tired, his delighted-with-the-world playfulness gone, his perfect, expensive suit rumpled as if he had slept restlessly in it. He doesn’t say anything, at first, just standing there, like an overgrown (immensely so…), lost little boy, trying on his parent’s things and finding they do not quite suit him, looking at them, backed with a thousand eyes of furious justice. Something in his gaze is broken and pleading, but no god could admit such failing in front of others. ‘I have failed so much, so many’, his eyes whisper. ‘Have I truly failed this one as well? Tell me its a lie. Lie to me. Please?’>
06[18:23] * @Hector` grimaces, groaning to remain standing from his own pride. Softly, quietly, he curses. “Oh, cock.”
06[18:24] * @Shinjiro-kun remains standing from nothing more than sheer anger at the oppressive weight, as if he’s been oppressed enough for a thousand lifetimes. He doesn’t speak.
06[18:24] * @Maddy looks up for a moment, then promptly buries his face into Brynn’s neck.
01[18:25] <@Storyteller> <Brynn’s neck really isn’t there to be buried in. Brynn is pretty much prostrated on the ground before essentially every being he could possibly owe fealty to.
[18:25] <@Chris_G> For fuck’s sake. What now?!
06[18:26] * @Maddy stares helplessly around him, before sinking to his knees next to his love.
06[18:31] * @Anne_Montelepre , mouth agape, with the virtual hurricane of Legend threatening to crush her and the Band flat, needs a few moments to realize that a moment that she at times dreamed about, the moment where she could finally confront a certain powerful, charming, maddening individual and consquences-be-damned, was finally upon her…yet she simply stands there, trying to keep her knees from knocking.
06[18:31] * @Anne_Montelepre And even if deference, survival instinct and abject terror weren’t enough to keep her from cursing Freyr out…. she saw enough in that face to take the fight out of her on that subject, maybe for good.
06[18:34] * @December hisses a little at Chris, though far more vitriolic words are bustling in silent awe around her brain as she stands, gaping, overwhlemed even despite her own position and years, her eyes wide, skipping over each of the guardians of the dead and their hosts, at some point losing track of her attempted tally.
06[18:35] * @Wraxian shares her backside with all of those watching. Somehow, on some level, this is probably resoundingly appropriate.
06[18:35] * @Hector` murmurs, quietly, to December. “It’s the whole damned pantheon. Hel, all they’re missing is the Big O.”
06[18:35] * @Chris_G gulps and takes a step back, running a sheepish hand through his hair and taking Anne’s with the other.
[18:40] <@Chris_G> What do we do?
[18:43] <@Hector`> Stand here and watch. They can murder the shit out of us if we go balls-out at them.
06[18:44] * @December nods slowly, standing on her tip-toes a bit, skimming over the other ‘O’, with his crook and flail and tall Atef crown, seeming to understand that isn’t the one Hector meant. She finally stops, shivering, jerking her chin as surreptitiously as possible at perhaps the tallest of the Valkyries, her pauldrons not so much metal and leather as a matching set of bright bead-black eyed ravens….
06[18:46] * @Anne_Montelepre doesn’t reply — verbally, that is, instead squeezing his hand and pulling him closer to her side, apparently trying to keep him still.
06[18:48] * @Chris_G is obedient to Anne.
01[18:49] <@Storyteller> <Freyr looks directly into Anne’s eyes, and she can sense some part of him seeing her, seeing through her, and wishing she really might levy any curse she could throw… and then she watches his eyes overflow, and his breath catch as they flicker briefly off of Anne’s face, to the ghost of the potential scion behind her…>
06[18:53] * @Chris_G speaks under his breath.
[18:54] <@Chris_G> This is creeping me out.
06[18:57] * @Shinjiro-kun continues to shake with impotent rage, unable to move, unwilling to give in.
01[19:17] <@Storyteller> <Freyer whispers, shakily, the potent rage burning behind him never dwindling as shimmering tears fall down his cheeks.> “Oh. Michael…”
01[19:20] <@Storyteller> <The ghost takes a bit of a step back (Victoria is hiding behind Damion, probably because he is the closest to shadows than any of the rest of them), but he remains significantly more visibly bulky than Anne, whose form does not quite entirely manage to block him from sight. Even as something in him recognizes the familiar eyes in their handsome frame, he nevertheless whispers to her, and by extension, the band,> “W-Who… is that? Why.. does he know me?”
[19:21] <@Hector`> If’n I had to guess… that’s your Pops.
[19:26] <@Chris_G> I’m officially terrified.
01[19:28] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks confused and flummoxed.> “…My father? But I-”
06[19:29] * @Anne_Montelepre finally manages to find her tongue again. “It’s….awkward.”
01[19:33] <@Storyteller> <Freyr cuts the ghost off quickly, hastily rubbing his tears away even as he holds up a hand.> “D-Don’t. S-She’s heard it before, anyways.” <He shakes his head quickly, taking a deep breath.> “I… I’ll escort you… personally… if you’d have me. I have instructions for your mission, and we should let them-” <He jerks his head backwards softly to indicated the insanity of sheer amassed Legend at his back,> -go about their work inside, before we find out what happens when that many purveyors of Death get impatient.”
01[19:34] <@Storyteller> <Michael turns his confused gaze to Anne. ‘Escort?’ he mouths slowly.>
06[19:39] * @Chris_G squeezes Anne’s hand again gently, kissing her forehead.
[19:43] <@Hector`> I dunno about y’all, but I’ve already seen enough impatience for today.
06[19:44] * @Anne_Montelepre ‘s face clouds for a split second, but Chris’ gesture seems to lend her a bit of strength. Enough to first give her lover a squeeze oh her own hand in return, and to nod to Michael, with perhaps a bit more confidence that she felt.
06[19:48] * @Anne_Montelepre “It’s…for the best.” Then, to Freyr, some of her nerve returning if her voice is any indication: “He fought…fought as well as anyone could, considering. Make sure his ‘trip’ reflects that.”
06[19:48] * @Chris_G looks to Michael curiously.
01[19:52] <@Storyteller> <Freyr actually bows to Anne, and the Band at large, deeply, almost in half at the waist, holding a hand out to Michael as he straightens again.> “You have my thanks, Lady. He will find what he deserves, at the end of the Road.”
06[19:55] * @Chris_G looks a little awed, returning the bow.
01[19:56] <@Storyteller> <Michael shows a little bit of backbone, though, his hand instinctively stretched towards his supposed father’s. He pauses, brow furrowed as he looks at Anne again.> “What about Ivy?”
[20:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I…didn’t expect this until after–”
06[20:00] * @Anne_Montelepre silently adds, ‘If ever–‘
06[20:01] * @December peers at Shinjiro, checking in on his general state of apoplexia.
[20:01] <@Anne_Montelepre> “–but don’t worry, we’ll find her.”
01[20:01] <@Storyteller> <Michael continues to withhold his hand from Freyr’s.> “I…. wanted to apologize…”
06[20:04] * @Shinjiro-kun is still fucking pissed. He seems to be at an impasse.
06[20:04] * @Anne_Montelepre pauses at this, then turns to Freyr. “If he feels this is necessary before he can cross… we can make it happen.”
06[20:07] * @Damion_Cross senses Victoria behind her, and continues his own (silent) act of defiance by helping her hide — not using his bulk, but rather counting on the cloud of souls orbiting the Lantern to easily obscure a single ghost.
01[20:10] <@Storyteller> <Freyr withdraws his own hand slowly, looking wounded, but not so mortally as he did previously, perhaps. He nods, wordlessly.>
06[20:17] * @Anne_Montelepre clears her throat, feeling a bit awkward but sensing more was necessary — and, possibly, an opportunity. “It’ll give us — all of us — time to absorb all of this, perhaps.”
06[20:20] * @Chris_G nods in agreement.
[20:20] <@Chris_G> We want to help… however we can.
[20:22] <@Shinjiro-kun> It’ll give us time to beat the shit out of the bastards that did this, too. Save you all a trip.
01[20:24] <@Storyteller> <Freyr seems to be taking his own opportunity to recover and re-compose himself, nodding solemnly.> “An acceptable compromise, I suppose. You should take the evening and… absorb. Our scout is on the trail of the source of this… travesty… and will meet you at sunrise tomorrow, outside the city.”
01[20:25] <@Storyteller> <Freyr nods to Shinjiro, his eyes taking a moment to blaze with the young man’s reflected fury.> “You will see that you do. As per your original instructions.”
06[20:27] * @Shinjiro-kun lets out a soft growl as he simply nods, knuckles white from balling his fists.
[20:29] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Ah…we had a lead on a survivor of all this. I believe we were planning to try and track her down….though we could still make the rendezvous, I think.”
01[20:33] <@Storyteller> <Freyr looks thoughtful for a moment before he seems to register what/who they are referring to.> “If your mission is a sucess, your paths will inevitably cross again.”
06[20:41] * @Hector` reaches up to scratch his scalp with his stone arm. “Looks like we’re in for a pound, then.”
06[20:46] * @Anne_Montelepre chews on her lip, daring a quick glance towards Shinjiro before facing Freyr again. “We…can work with that, I suppose. Guess we’ll head back, then.”
01[20:48] <@Storyteller> <Weilding a heavy, put-upon, old person yawn, the twenty-foot tall heavily cloaked corpse is suddenly looming directly behind Freyr. Her voice rattles and rasps sepulchrally on a somehow more than audiotory level.> “You lot done yet? We’ve a lot of work, you know.” <She pauses, chortling to herself in an unpleasant manner as she wags a finger at Shinjiro.> “Bringing you to Yomi was impractical- currently. Does this still count?”
06[20:51] * @Damion_Cross shudders. “Oh no, we’d be more than happy to get out of your way.”
06[20:56] * @Shinjiro-kun responds to the First Woman of Japan in the only manner befitting the son of the First Man: by ignoring the everloving fuck out of her.
01[20:56] <@Storyteller> <Izanami is smiling, a dessicated, corpse-dried smile.> “We thought you might feel that way.” <With that she and all of the other death gods, goddess, Valkyries, and shinigami, just… disappear. Presumably getting to work behind them, inside.>
06[20:59] * @Shinjiro-kun lightens up as Izanami poofs, fiddling with his watch to change back into Negotiator clothes. “Looks like we’re stuck hurrying up and waiting.”
06[21:12] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks, quickkly glancing about to make sure the assembled Gods, Choosers of the Slain, etc. were gone (which she could sense) and that Victoria wasn’t (which she could not immediately at least). She looks curiously at Shinjiro.
[21:13] <@Anne_Montelepre> Then what was that just now? I was half-afraid that if we weren’t cleared to go, you’d have gone after them yourself!”
[21:24] <@Shinjiro-kun> Are you saying that you wouldn’t have?
06[21:24] * @Hector` shakes his head, waving his fleshy hand. “Easy, guys. It doesn’t matter, we got what we needed from them. Let’s let them do the legwork and then we can do the fistwork.”
[21:27] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Not alone, I wouldn’t. You saw some of the people and beings these people’ve caught. I want at ’em too,,,,but this is going to need a plan, first.”
06[21:29] * @Anne_Montelepre turns to Michael and Victoria. “Well… it looks like we’ll be Explaining It All to you tonight, after all.”
[21:30] <@Damion_Cross> “‘Wanted to be magical,’ I think you said earlier?”
06[21:31] * @Damion_Cross , also breathing easier with Collective Death Incarnate on its way, even manages a wry grin as he looks back at Victoria.
[21:31] <@Hector`> Just call me Clarissa…
[21:33] <@Damion_Cross> “Whatever’s left of your derrière? Hold on to it.”
01[17:35] <@Storyteller> <With the overwhelming combined Legend of shinigami, valkyries, and essentially every deity of the absence of Life ever concocted at their backs, the Band has again been left alone, with nebulous goals before them- well, other than the very distinct order to End someone or someones, that is. Now what?>
06[17:36] * @Chris_G let’s out a heavy sigh.
[17:36] <@Chris_G> The weight of the world blah blah blah. Let’s do this.
06[17:38] * @Anne_Montelepre thinks for a moment, looks at Damion, then turns back to the rest of the Band.
[17:40] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Y’know….technically, we don’t have to wait. We just have to make sure we make that rendezvous tomorrow morning.”
06[17:40] * @Wraxian is still out cold, which has its pros and cons. And moons.
[17:40] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And we already have a couple leads….”
[17:40] <@Maddy> What are we going to do about Wraxian?
[17:42] <@Hector`> I think that Maddy’s on ta somethin’. I dunno about y’all, but I could use a daquiri or six.
06[17:42] * @Anne_Montelepre takes a deep breath.
06[17:42] * @Hector` gives December a look. “Virgin, ‘course.”
06[17:44] * @December ducks her head for a moment and nods gratefully at Hector, which doesn’t really help in the not-jostling-Wraxian’s-bare-bottom arena, unfortunately.
[17:45] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Well, for everything that DID happen, I never got a sign that she was in serious dangwer. Hopefully that means she should be ok once she wakes up.”
[17:47] <@Damion_Cross> “They’re probably right, though.”
06[17:47] * @Damion_Cross finally speaks up , as he steps out from the corner in which he’d been hiding Victoria.
[17:49] <@Damion_Cross> “Unfortunately, all I have is a direction. For all we know, she could be hiding in the Alps or something. Or even’ve run for a T.I. of her own. 12 hours isn’t all that much time.”
[17:50] <@Shinjiro-kun> Twelve hours and an airplane could put her anywhere in Europe.
[17:51] <@Maddy> We have to pick a place to start. Create a plan.
06[17:52] * @Shinjiro-kun removes his glasses to rub at the bridge of his nose. “As ironic as it is, coming from me, we will get nowhere by stabbing blindly into the map. That rendezvous is our best shot, at the moment. After all, we are attempting to engender good faith with the gods, not spit in their faces.”
06[17:52] * @Anne_Montelepre frowns but tries not to show it, instead heading over to December. Ignoring Wraxian’s exposure as best she could (Wraxian would, after all), she carefully puts two fingers to Wraxian’s neck to check her pulse, and gently lifts an eyelid, in an attempt to check her condition.
[17:53] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((That’d be medicine and …Intelligence?))
[17:54] <@Wraxian> `’•{{ Yes. }}•’`
06[17:54] * @Maddy watches Anne carefully, coming to her side to offer assistance should she need it.
[17:55] <@Anne_Montelepre> !roll 4 4
[17:55] <+Zer0> , 10 , 3 , 6 , 10
[17:55] <+Zer0> Anne_Montelepre Successes: 8
06[17:55] * @December cants her head at Damion, looking at him cross-eyed for a moment. “Dragg’ns haff… w’ngs…?”
06[17:56] * @Damion_Cross shrugs. “Somebody would’ve seen something if she walked, right?”
[17:56] <@Hector`> Somebody would notice if a giant scaly lizard took to the air. It’d probably light up signals from here to Jodrell Bank.
06[17:58] * @December huffs softly. “Caws gods’n thin’s jus’ go ‘roun’ alwa’s bein visi’bul ‘n such?”
[18:00] <@Damion_Cross> “She wasn’t exactly subtle here, but I see your point.”
06[18:01] * @Hector` reaches an arm over to stroke December’s spine. “If she’s flying, and invisible, then we’re back to Shinji’s point, and she could be anywhere on this side of the Urals and the Atlantic.”
06[18:01] * @Chris_G shakes his head, a small smile on his face.
[18:02] <@Chris_G> Surely we can find her. This task cannot be impossible. We’re together.
06[18:03] * @Anne_Montelepre turns to the others. “Think she’ll be okay. Besides, I don’t think Mr. Narnist would’ve done serious harm to her.”
06[18:04] * @Anne_Montelepre looks towards Michael’s ghost.
06[18:05] * @December scowls. There is something clearly, angrily maternal in her features, as if she were imagining her berserk state were something to happen to one of them… or if pups of her own were ripped from her womb and stolen. The hand not on Wraxian’s legs presses self-consciously against her abdomen as she subtly presses back into Hector’s hand. “B’sides. Yeh awl shure ‘s tha drag’gn y’ens’re tah be chas’n?”
01[18:07] <@Storyteller> <Michael stares at his shoes, still seeming significantly overwlemed by… pretty much everything.>
06[18:07] * @Chris_G looks at Michael, then moves to his side.
[18:07] <@Chris_G> Looking past the whole dead thing… you doing ok?
[18:09] <@Shinjiro-kun> All the more reason to not go traipsing off, Sensei.
06[18:09] * @Anne_Montelepre looks at Michael again, then at December.
[18:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Yes.”
01[18:10] <@Storyteller> <Michael scrubs his intangible hand through his hair, shaking his head slowly.> “I- don’t even- who was that… that…. my father?”
06[18:11] * @December raises a brow at Anne.
06[18:16] * @Anne_Montelepre takes another deep breath, looking supremely frustrated for a moment….. but relents. (Spending 1L to avoid an Endurance roll)
[18:16] <@Anne_Montelepre> “All right…and I did kinda prommise that we’d explain stuff to Michael and Victoria.”
[18:39] <@Hector`> So I’ll drink my syrupy delights and we can all explain to Mike and Vicki. Cool.
06[18:39] * @Damion_Cross turns to the shadows into which he and Victoria retreated. “Ces’t bon. They’ve gone.”
01[18:43] <@Storyteller> <Victoria steps out of Damion’s shadow, still shivering in the aftermath of… her mind seems pretty blown and perhaps incapable of handling all that.>
06[18:44] * @Maddy offers Victoria a gentle smile.
[18:47] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Shall we call a cab back to the hotel?”
[18:48] <@Hector`> I don’t see why not.
06[18:50] * @December looks up at the sun, gauging silently. “Yeh t’ink tha traff’k’s backta norm’l?”
[18:51] <@Chris_G> What is this normal?
[18:52] <@Hector`> I don’t think that walkin’ ’round on foot while you’ve got an unconscious, nubile teenage girl over your shoulder is wise.
[18:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> “In Paris? It means ‘Let someone who lives here drive.'”
06[18:56] * @December nods and shrugs softly. “So… ‘bou tha ‘nu’bl yun’ g’rl an tha two g’osts an tha stone arm…”
[18:58] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I can cover that…’cept for the arm. Hector, can you cover that or something?”
[19:00] <@Chris_G> Impractical… illegitimate appendages.
06[19:00] * @Chris_G mutters under his breath.
06[19:01] * @December makes a face at Chris, teasing but with a vague edge in her voice. “Yer an ‘lle’jiti’mayt ap’en’dige!”
06[19:02] * @Hector` tugs on his cape, pulling it over his stone arm. “Of course!”
[19:05] <@Chris_G> Pffft.
[19:06] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Actually…”
06[19:07] * @Anne_Montelepre makes a quick count.
[19:07] <@Anne_Montelepre> “We’re a bit much for one taxi, aren”t we?”
[19:08] <@Chris_G> Just a bit.
06[19:09] * @Anne_Montelepre sighs. “Could just walk it, then. I can still explain Wraxian if we’re questioned.”
[19:09] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Should probably carry her differently, though.”
[19:12] <@Damion_Cross> “I don’t think the World-at-large can see ghosts, thankfully.”
[19:13] <@Hector`> We could call the hotel for a shuttle.
[19:14] <@Chris_G> There’s thinking.
06[19:16] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks. “They have one?? They’re kinda small.”

……..

06[19:46] * @Hector` makes his way to find someone who speaks English or Bad English to hook him up with some (non-alcoholic) mixed drinks.
01[19:49] <@Storyteller> <Unsurprisingly, the concierge staff – already incredibly unnerved to find their beloved Mademoiselle Lake carried back to them unconscious – is essentially posted, waiting, at every occupied door, eagerly awaiting any chance to serve however they can.>
06[19:56] * @Damion_Cross stops at his room to change clothes and bows out, taking Maeve with him, happily explaining to anyone who asks that he’s off to do “stuff”.
06[20:03] * @Shinjiro-kun remains with Anne, wanting to share as much as he can manage, despite his distaste for ghosts.
06[20:06] * @Anne_Montelepre spends the ride to the hotel in deep concentration, though she does reaffirm the promise they’d made to explain what’s going on.
[20:06] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Shinjiro? Mind if have our little conversation in your room?”
06[20:08] * @Shinjiro-kun shivers slightly before he nods. “If we must.”
01[20:09] <@Storyteller> <Victoria and Michael, after figuring out the mechanics of staying in a moving vehicle while intangible, remain looking utterly out of their depths.>
[20:11] <@Shinjiro-kun> I do not know what comfort I can give… but I will do my best.
06[20:21] * @Anne_Montelepre looks at Shinjiro, nods, and follows him up, motioning for the ghosts to follow (subtly, so that no one starts wondering why Mme. Lake’s guests are talking to themselves).
06[20:23] * @Shinjiro-kun lets Anne and the Protoplasms into the room, closing the door behind Michael and Victoria. His room looks absolutely pristine, as if no one has been living in it.
06[20:27] * @Anne_Montelepre gives Shinjiro a slight grin. “Bit austere, isn’t it?”
[20:28] <@Shinjiro-kun> What makes you say that?
01[20:30] <@Storyteller> <Michael glances routinely back in the direction of wherever Wraxian was left, anxiously shifting from foot to foot as he tries to give his attention to Anne.>
06[20:36] * @Anne_Montelepre shakes her head, still smiling. “Nevermind, Shinjiro.” She then turns to their two etheral companions.
06[20:37] * @Shinjiro-kun makes his way to a chair, opting to sit on the floor in front of it.
[20:38] <@Anne_Montelepre> “This…is gonna be a lot to take at once, and we’re sorry for that. I’ve been thinking about the best way to do this, and I’m thinking we should let you two ask the questions first.”
01[20:40] <@Storyteller> <They look at each other, and Victoria, who is in farther over her head than she knows what to do with, shrugs helplessly and cedes to Michael, who looks back at Anne, trying to keep it together as he asks, for a second time. “Who was that… the… the man… who… my ‘real’ father…?”
06[20:53] * @Shinjiro-kun exhales a small sigh. “Freyr, one of the Norse gods. Yes, I said the Norse gods. They are very real.”
06[20:53] * @Anne_Montelepre takes a deep breath. “That man was named Freyr. A Norse God of Fertility.
01[20:54] <@Storyteller> <Michael takes a step back, blinking at the stereo input.>
01[20:59] <@Storyteller> <Michael> “Obviously, I… realized there was… more on heaven and earth… but…” <he trails off, dawning horror welling over his features and suddenly it is questionable, whether a ghost can still retch and/or vomit, as he sinks bonelessly (well, literally) to his knees, heaving a huge set of sobs as he sputters and shakes.> “…FERTILITY…?!? … that’s why they… why I… oh God, I’m so sorry. please forgive me. pleaseforgiveme.”
06[21:02] * @Anne_Montelepre closes her eyes, unable to hide her wince.
[21:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> “M-” *softly* “Michael–sir?….Please. Listen to me. Please.”
06[21:07] * @Shinjiro-kun shakes his head. “Who your parent is does not define you. What you do with the gifts that you are given does.”
[21:10] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And that DOES NOT APPLY to what some bastard FORCED you to do.”
06[21:11] * @Anne_Montelepre looks surprised by her own vehemence for a split second, before deciding that she was fine with it.
[21:12] <@Shinjiro-kun> No, no it does not.
01[21:24] <@Storyteller> <Michael braces himself on the floor, trying to control himself, trying to take solace in their words, trying to let it make him feel better, and not making much progress.>
[21:27] <@Shinjiro-kun> You cannot change the past, Michael. All that you can do is atone.
[21:27] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Michael, Michael. Please don’t do this–”
06[21:29] * @Anne_Montelepre kneels down in front of him, trying to hug the ephermeal man, for the moment only dimly aware that her vision was blurring…and too upset to care why.
01[21:33] <@Storyteller> <Michael cries on Anne’s shoulder, to the best degree that he actually can.>
06[21:34] * @Shinjiro-kun exhales a heavy sigh, letting the two of them get a good cry in.
[21:41] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I’m sorry…I wasn’t supposed….It’s just–”
06[21:47] * @Anne_Montelepre scoots back slightly, still kneeling, her face reddening as she (belatedly) remembers both Shinjiro and Victoria. Her eyes go to her knes as she blurts out an explaination, one hand awkwardly wiping at her face.
[21:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I knew…..he’d be a half-brother of yours, I guess, maybe a little older than I am….you’re older, but still….so much like him, it hurts….”
[21:55] <@Storyteller> <Michael blinks, looking at Anne in somewhat dumbfounded wonder, his unneeded breathing reducing to soft shuddering as he stares at her as if she’s grown a second head.> “…I have a brother?”
[21:58] <@Shinjiro-kun> The gods sire many children, Michael. You have several siblings.
06[21:59] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, still unable to actually face anyone present.
[22:00] <@Storyteller> <Michael> “O..Oh.”
[22:00] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…Christian, too, I’ll bet?…”
[22:05] <@Storyteller> <He nods gently.> “Dutch Catholic, but… how can… knowing…” <He looks at Victoria, shaking his head softly.> “Even the ones that want to believe, outside of monotheism… this… were those all gods, with him?”
[22:07] <@Shinjiro-kun> Most of them. Some non-deity divinities, like the valkyries and the shinigami.
[22:07] <@Shinjiro-kun> I think that I saw Ryuk hiding in the back.
06[22:08] * @Anne_Montelepre sighs, still not wantin to raise her red eyes. “By a certain reckoning–not necessarily the one we’re used to, but by a certain one–yes.”
[22:12] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Still,…it’s a bit more compliated than we learned in catechism class.”
[22:15] <@Storyteller> <Michael> “You’re… you’re special, too? What… what that girl did…”
06[22:16] * @Shinjiro-kun nods faintly. “We are. We have the blood of gods in our veins, as well.”
01[22:18] <@Storyteller> <Victoria, curiousity overwhelming her bafflement that all of this is real, blurt out,> “Which ones?”
[22:18] <@Shinjiro-kun> Izanagi-no-Mikoto.
06[22:23] * @Anne_Montelepre ‘s head suddenly snaps up, realizing that in her years of deciding how she would face this day, she hadn’t found a way around that particular question.
[22:25] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Mine is…a descendant of Gods, but not generally not considered one himself. But, by the same terms we’ve been using, would still count.”
[22:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “As would a lot of folk heroes and such.”
01[18:11] <@Storyteller> <Victoria narrows her eyes, as much in thought as in suspicion, and it is fairly clear she has the curiousity and instincts of a true newshound- while she may have been in a strange aspect of the field, she was certainly a fitting woman for the job.> “Like… Heracles? Theseus? Percy Jackson?”
06[18:15] * @Shinjiro-kun narrows his eyes at the mention of the last, but nods. “Like those, with all of the perks and hardships. We don’t have a ridiculous satyr bodyguard, though.”
06[18:19] * @Anne_Montelepre nods, with a mental note to ask Shinjiro about his reading list later.
[18:21] <@Anne_Montelepre> “The first two for certain. The third…dunno, but it wouldn’t surprise me if there was a Camp Half-Blood somewhere. Or a school.”
06[18:22] * @Anne_Montelepre might’ve smirked despite herself, there.
[18:42] <@Shinjiro-kun> Don’t be ridiculous.
01[18:42] <@Storyteller> <Victoria latches onto a tangent of her own, beginning to pace the empty spaces of the room (still unconsciously following the boundaries set by solid objects), chewing idly at the arc of her thumbnail as she ruminates out loud, with a reporter’s attention to detail – and single-minded fervor, spewing a stream of consciousness that may be as terrifying as it might be entertaining, adding her own sensationalized copy as she goes.> “What you DO have- hm. Fox ears and tail. Kitsune? Scary though, wow. Stone-arm guy. Are his abs rock-hard as well? Snarky guy with a latern- hm, who what that mean bitch he was talking to? She smelled pretty… sulphurous. HMMMM. Goth kid in a bathrobe… and an even gothier lover. Ou la la~ Izanagi- hm, father of the Japanese Isles….” <Her eyes flick up and down Shinjiro somewhat professionally, as she continues making notes to herself, lost in her own journalism and probably not realizing she’s gotten carried away.> “Kinda boring, but man, rage issues?! … The twitchy one is well enough, for an American, I suppose… folk heroes? Hmm. Wonder whose?… And her lover… reminds me of a great big monkey for some reason… didn’t see a tail, though… and the girl–” <She actually halts in her movement for a brief moment, and shivers, trying to think of something to comment about that one.>
06[18:43] * @Shinjiro-kun pushes his glasses up with his index finger as he closes his eyes. “Perhaps you should just quit while you are ahead. On second thought, perhaps you should just stop.”
01[18:48] <@Storyteller> <Victoria pulls up a little short, blinking wide-eyed at Shinjiro.> Hmm?”
[18:51] <@Shinjiro-kun> I am not boring.
[18:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> *French….full-on Cajun this time, not bothering to force the Metropolitane accent* “Actually, that’s a pretty solid analysis. Except for the part where two of the people you’re analyzing are in the same conversation with you.”
06[18:54] * @Shinjiro-kun is giving Victoria a look like he is about to declare that HE is the Tag Team Champions.
01[18:54] <@Storyteller> <Victoria looks a little sheepish, lowering her head, having the good sense to be quiet, ghostly eyes darting back and forth between them somewhat nervously.>
06[19:00] * @Anne_Montelepre bites her lip to keep from smiling, before she continues addressing the two of them.
[19:05] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Anyway….my evasive preamble was an attempt to reduce the amount of explaining after I explained that my divine parent, in life, was known as Charles de batz De Castlemore.”
01[19:06] <@Storyteller> <Apparently, neither ghost is much of a reader. They look at Anne blankly.>
06[19:10] * @Anne_Montelepre sighs, smothering a desire to punch Fate itself in the nose.
[19:11] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…Comte d’Artagnan.”
01[19:14] <@Storyteller> <Victoria blinks, and brightens.> “Oh! Oh! You meant like… Charlie Sheen, in the Disney movie?”
[19:15] <@Shinjiro-kun> More like Gabriel Byrne.
06[19:16] * @Anne_Montelepre smirks, a bit evily.
[19:17] <@Anne_Montelepre> “No, no, you were right the first time.”
01[19:19] <@Storyteller> <Victoria nods and smiles triumphantly, immediately sinking back into scurrilous gossip-mode, murmuring to herself.> “Sexy scandal at the house of mouse as it is revealed Charlie sheen has more than just ‘tiger blood’….!”
06[19:22] * @Anne_Montelepre grins. “Buuuuuut, we’re straying a bit.”
[19:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “So…yes. Many, if not all, of the beings humanity worshiped as gods exist as…well, Gods.”
01[19:28] <@Storyteller> <Michael nods… if slowly, sitting back on his noncorporeal heels, still looking generally numb about all of this, even while Victoria has clearly seized upon it as something truly amazing.>
06[19:52] * @Anne_Montelepre sighs again, as she turns back to Michael.
[19:53] <@Anne_Montelepre> “The God you or I would think of….hasn’t, to my knowledge, made an appearance yet.”
01[19:55] <@Storyteller> <Michael… looks deeply confused, but nods slowly again, trying to do his best to understand.>
[19:55] <@Shinjiro-kun> I would not want to see Yahweh making an appearance. It wouldn’t be pretty.
[19:55] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I’ve not enough evidence to speculate what, if anything, that might mean.”
06[19:56] * @Anne_Montelepre adds the last a bit hastily, perhaps remembering something.
06[19:57] * @Anne_Montelepre does look at Shinjiro. “Potentially awkward, at any any rate.”
01[19:57] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks at Shinjiro, questioning, but not asking.>
[19:58] <@Shinjiro-kun> You have read the Old Testament, have you not?
[19:59] <@Anne_Montelepre> *perhaps a bit too quickly* “You read the parts of the New Testament contradicting it?”
06[20:00] * @Shinjiro-kun nods, cracking a gentle smile. “Who is to say which God you would find? The God of Judaism, or the God of Christianity, or Allah, or the Mormon belief?”
06[20:01] * @Anne_Montelepre clears her throat.
[20:02] <@Anne_Montelepre> “To be fair, we’ve found that a lot of the other stories concerning other Gods, and faiths, haven’t been one hundred percent correct.”
06[20:02] * @Shinjiro-kun shrugs his shoulders, adding, “For what it is worth, Gautama Siddhartha hasn’t made his presence known, either.”
01[20:05] <@Storyteller> <Michael follows along the best that he can, having nodded at the bits about the old and new testaments, and having a good idea of the other stuff.>
[20:08] <@Anne_Montelepre> “In any case…I don’t think we’ve had all that much time to think about it. Given that we’re fighting beings who mean if nothing good. Regardless of belief.”
[20:13] <@Shinjiro-kun> I hesitate to even call them beings. More like… ants.
[20:15] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…You’d compare the Titans to ants, Shinjiro?”
06[20:15] * @Shinjiro-kun nods faintly.
[20:16] <@Shinjiro-kun> Are the Titans truly sinister, or are they simply doing the only thing that they know how to do?
[20:17] <@Shinjiro-kun> That doesn’t mean that we should hesitate to throw them down, but… when you find an ant in your kitchen, you do not put it on trial, or wonder how it could be so vile. You step on it.
06[20:18] * @Anne_Montelepre raises an eyebrow, before shrugging.
[20:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Fair point, actually.”
[20:20] <@Anne_Montelepre> “In a rough, horribly over-simplified explaination: The Titans, I suppose… represent various forces, elements, and other….well, things, that existed before even we did. Humanity, I mean.”
[20:20] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I suppose that their not playing nice wit us might be an expected result.”
[20:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And then there are third parties, like–”
[20:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “…”
[20:27] <@Anne_Montelepre> “–like those folks we’re tracking at the moment, With the stolen implanted organs and such.”
01[20:31] <@Storyteller> <Michael makes a low, angry sound, while Victoria looks away, wrapping her arms around her middle and rocking forth and back a little bit.>
[20:40] <@Shinjiro-kun> It almost seems like some people are stupid enough to throw their lot in with the Titans. Almost like they can’t see that the Titans aren’t human-like at all. Gratitude, mercy, remorse… those are human traits, godly traits. Not Titanic ones.
[20:46] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I question that, at times –Gods can be fickle, or unattentive, or — but Shinjiro’s mostly right. Which, I suppose, leads me to where where I am personally: Worried less aout ‘Where We Stand’ and more about looking at things like what just happened, as had been happening there for centuries…”
06[20:46] * @Anne_Montelepre ‘s fist curl involuntarily.
[20:46] <@Anne_Montelepre> “….and saying ‘this CANNOT Stand.'”

………
01[18:44] <@Storyteller> <The crowds have all fled, leaving the city in a hushed, morning-after sort of state that lingers as the day star’s impending arrival draws nearer. The quiet, somehow private hotel, is likely no exception, even if two very literal restless spirits have come to join the ranks of the hunted and haunted. Victoria sits, waiting, her knees to her chest, not really sure what else to do, in a cushy sofa in the hotel’s lobby; Michael has refused to stray very far from Wraxian’s side for any extended period of time, apparently wracked with some sort of intense protectiveness as the girl continues to remain unconscious.>
06[18:47] * @Shinjiro-kun makes his way into the lobby, first veering over to the front desk and inquiring if there are any messages for any of his groupmates, making certain to use Wraxian’s assumed name.
01[18:49] <@Storyteller> <The sleepy front desk clerk shakes his head gently in regards to messages, asking Shinjiro if there is anything they can get him or the others with a yawn hidden behind his hand.>
06[18:50] * @Anne_Montelepre , though she showered and changed for bed, never quite made it there, instead spending the night flitting between two open notebooks, a laptop, and any of the Bandmates and ghosts who would listen, trying to make contingincy plans against the nigh-infinite challenges the next few days — and their inhumane foe — might bring.
[18:50] <@Shinjiro-kun> Breakfast for twenty people, I would say.
06[18:52] * @Damion_Cross returns to the hotel at this precise moment (having disappeared soon after their return the night before), looking none the worse for wear despite the night (presumably) without sleep.
01[18:52] <@Storyteller> <The clerk barely seems phased, all of the staff already having borne witness to how this group eats, even though their numbers are small. He asks is Mademoiselle Lake has any special requests or preferences, in a soft voice, but too asks if there is anything he would choose, as well.>
[18:53] <@Shinjiro-kun> Carpaccio for Mme. Lake, crepes Suzette for me, and something dense and full of meat for the rest of my companions.
01[18:55] <@Storyteller> <The clerk nods with a polite, sincere smile, thanking Shinjiro as he types rapidly into his terminal before picking up the phone and speaking in a fast, hushed French.>
06[18:59] * @Shinjiro-kun breaks off and moves to intercept Damion. “Out for an early morning stroll, Mr. Cross?”
01[19:02] <@Storyteller> <Chris opens a bleary eye at anne, exhaling a hefty sigh as he snuggles in deeper under the covers.> “Not coming to bed, love?”
06[19:04] * @Damion_Cross smirks. “Yeah, best we go with that.”
06[19:07] * @Shinjiro-kun doesn’t look like he buys that for a second. “Why must you constantly give me reason to distrust you?”
06[19:10] * @Anne_Montelepre looks over at the warm and inviting bed, and even warmer and more inviting occupant…and sighs, ruefully shaking her head.
[19:11] <@Anne_Montelepre> “I can’t. Not with everything that’s happened, and that we should be doing right now–”
06[19:11] * @Anne_Montelepre silently curses Freyr yet again.
[19:11] <@Anne_Montelepre> “–especially knowing that I’m at least indirectly responsible for it.”
[19:12] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Having Endurance 4 is suffering. -_- ))
01[19:15] <@Storyteller> <Chris throws the covers off halfway, showing Anne the empty half of the bed.> “Noooo….. what you SHOULD have been doing all night is right here….” <He grins and winks bawdily, before he kicks all the way out of bed, scratching his butt as he wanders for the shower.> “Resting. Sleeping. Letting the worries go for a bit. Shower?”
[19:15] <@Damion_Cross> “Because I give everyone reason to distrust me. It’s kinda my lot in life. Though if it helps, this one’s potentially for our mutual benefit, depending on what info we get this morning.”
[19:16] <@Shinjiro-kun> If you were trying to make me feel better, it’s not working.
06[19:16] * @Hector` snores. Loudly.
06[19:18] * @December caresses Hector lightly, staring at the ceiling as she simply idly maintains low level contact with her skin against his, throughout the night, never actually seeming to have fallen asleep herself.
06[19:25] * @Hector` continues to snore.
06[19:26] * @Anne_Montelepre visibly wavers for a moment, before finally following, depositing nightclothes as she went, telling herself that between the contingency planning and their conversation with Michael and Victoria, she’d clearly accomplished something in their forced downtime, right? Still, she forces a pout for form’s sake, though the mischevious smirk fighting for control of the mouth part of her face somewhat spoils the effect.
[19:27] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Well, if I absolutely muuuuust…”
01[19:28] <@Storyteller> <Chris takes her hand and drags her into the hot steamy shower, to get clean. And dirty, and clean again. Rinse and repeat.>
01[19:29] <@Storyteller> <A small army of hoteliers and chefs begin laying out the requested breakfast spread in the lobby.>
06[19:30] * @Wraxian opens her eyes, slowly, exhaling as she takes in the dark room around her.
[19:33] <@Damion_Cross> “Yeah, never does….Fine. I’ll give you a peek behind the curtain, then. A short one.”
[19:36] <@Damion_Cross> “You recall the spell I case back at that slaughterhouse yesterday? The one where we were tracking our wayward dragon?”
06[19:39] * @Shinjiro-kun gives Damion a short nod.
[19:45] <@Damion_Cross> “Anyway, that trail is going to require a bit of tracking…and while our transport’s good for point-to-point, I wasn’t sure how it’d fare in a search. Especially if it has to go aerial.”
[19:46] <@Damion_Cross> “So we were working on ‘acquiring’ an appropriate conveyance, should it become necessary.”
06[19:47] * @Wraxian hisses faintly, turning her head just enough before closing her eyes again, reaching out for the goggles tenderly rested at her bedside table, lifting them to and over her head, lowering her head for a moment before she speaks a few garbled words, stopping immediately and looking around for her PLD after sliding a few of the lenses of her goggles into her chosen positioning. She finds her bracer with the PLD still in its mount, typing out quickly and holding it up, directly in the vicinity of Michael.> “Who are you?” <The text on the screen reads.> “Why are you in this place?”
[19:47] <@Shinjiro-kun> I am reasonably certain that our conveyance does not fly…. are you chartering some sort of jet?
06[19:51] * @Damion_Cross ponders that a bit. “‘Borrowing’ might be a bit more accurate.”
01[19:52] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Any odds on whether anyone never told Michael Wraxian’s name? }}•’`
[19:53] <@Shinjiro-kun> … we’re stealing a jet, aren’t we.
[19:53] <@Hector`> (Better question: did he notice?)
[19:53] <@Damion_Cross> ((I’m sure it came up at some point.))
01[19:56] <@Storyteller> <Michael smiles waveringly, relieved he can be seen, rising to meet Wraxian though clearly confused at at her actions. He leans to read the text on the phone, before responding.> “I’m Michael… I- we-… you….”
[19:58] <@Damion_Cross> “‘Stealing’ is a bit harsh…and technically impossible. I don’t think anyone here knows how to fly a Gulfstream, anyway.”
06[19:58] * @Wraxian waits for a few moments, before getting up without acknowledging Michael’s response, quickly assessing her inventory of items, slinging her satchel over her shoulder and opening her door, glancing over her shoulder and padding down the hallways and down the stairs, not quite in a hurry, not quite without urgency, either.
[19:59] <@Damion_Cross> “The crew’ll be helping out, one hundred percent willingly.”
[20:01] <@Shinjiro-kun> How much rum did you bribe them with?
[20:02] <@Damion_Cross> “…You’d get in a plane with boozed-up pilots, Shinjiro?”
06[20:04] * @Damion_Cross regards him with mock horror.
06[20:07] * @Anne_Montelepre , meanwhile, is forgetting the Band’s troubles for the moment. Quite energetically, in fact.
06[20:14] * @Shinjiro-kun regards Damion back with mock disgust. Oh, wait, it’s not mock.
06[20:16] * @Wraxian catches sight of Damion and Shinjiro, inhaling and exhaling softly, pointedly ignoring the ghost trailing along after her, pleading for her attention to apparently deaf ears, despite the fact that she clearly took notice of him earlier. for the moment, the heavily laden buffet- and large portions of carpacchio marked as exclusively hers- grab her attention as she seeks to refuel and replenish herself.
06[20:25] * @Shinjiro-kun glances over his shoulder as Wraxian comes down the stairs, taking note of the buffet. “We should eat before it’s all gone.”
01[20:27] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks desperately at Damion.> “..Can you still see me? …Hear me?”
06[20:27] * @Damion_Cross nods, but turns briefly to Michael as he fights (vainly) for Wraxian’s attention. He tries to catch the ghost’s eyes, then shakes his head by way of explaination, not daring to do anythign else in the lobby.
06[20:28] * @Damion_Cross does nod in response, though.
[20:29] <@Damion_Cross> ((..Though apparently discussing grand theft airplane in the lobby is A-OK. ^^” Can we assume that discussion at least was carried out in hushed tones?? ))
01[20:30] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ Hey, the Hotel staff has been very discrete. But yes. }}•’`
01[20:31] <@Storyteller> <Michael looks hopelessly at Damion, begininng to despair, catching the headshake- and then the nod- looking around a seeming to realize that this is a public place, looking out through the windows lit by moonlight in the approaching dawn and finding a chair, watching Wraxian and just clearly not understanding.>
06[20:33] * @Damion_Cross also checks on Victoria, even as he pours himself a cup of coffee.
06[20:34] * @Shinjiro-kun takes three helpings of crepes Suzette along with Oolong tea strong enough to stun an elephant.
01[20:36] <@Storyteller> <Victoria notes the conversations and Michael’s puppy-dog sorrow as Wraxian ignores him only vaguely, lost in her own world, her lips occasionally moving as she continues to be mostly entirely zoned out.>
06[20:44] * @Wraxian eats ravenously, but in complete silence, decimating her section of the buffet in a matter of minutes.
06[20:56] * @Shinjiro-kun isn’t far behind Wraxian.
06[20:56] * @Damion_Cross appears content with his coffee and a few pastries.
06[20:57] * @Hector` suddenly sits, bolt upright, in bed, the sheets falling away from his legendarily cut frame. His gaze slowly turns toward December in all of her nude glory, and he utters three words: “I smell food.”
[20:57] <@Damion_Cross> “Shouldn’t we call the others?”
[20:57] <@Shinjiro-kun> I don’t think that you quite understand how they eat.
06[20:58] * @December chuckles softly, sitting up languidly, her features as clear as if she had not spent the entire night hounded by memory and worry. “So yeh do, huss’ban’.”
06[21:06] * @Hector` grabs December around the waist, snogging her relentlessly before he finally pulls back. “We should go get some.”
06[21:08] * @December returns it in kind with gusto, lofting one brow and smirking as they break the kiss, prompting, “….food?”
[21:11] <@Hector`> Yeah.
06[21:11] * @Hector` watches December for a few long, loving moments before he bolts from the bed, running for the door to the room, still completely naked.
06[21:13] * @December chuckles, then yips with delight and laughter and little horror, leaping after him to at least attempt to wrap him up in the lingering sheets before it makes it out of the room.
06[21:15] * @Anne_Montelepre , having eventually — if reluctantly — resumed using the shower for actually showering, makes her way out, still wearing her resigned-only-not-really pout-grin as she reaches for one of the large, fuzzy bath towels.
06[21:17] * @Hector` stops short, crashing into December as she leaps after him. “Clothes!”
01[21:17] <@Storyteller> <Chris grabs another, yawning without care, drying all his places while he watches Anne with a satisfied smile.>
06[21:20] * @December laughs, taking the opportunity crashing into him allows before she lets him go again, thoroughly caressed, turning him around towards the closet. “Hai. Clo’se.”
06[21:25] * @Hector` stumbles into the closet, the door falling shut behind him as he blearily and hurriedly tries to get dressed in the dark.
06[21:28] * @December pulls the closet door open, shaking her head. “Tha food’s nah gunna ged’upp’n run aways, luv.”
[21:30] <@Hector`> Yes, it will. Right into Chris and Anne’s stomachs!
06[21:31] * @Hector` is wearing a mish-mash of his wardrobe and hers, as evidenced by the overly-tight shirt.
06[21:32] * @Anne_Montelepre humphs! at Chris’ expression, but is still beaming as she pulls on a long-sleeved tee and cargo shorts (actual clothes instead of ichor’d this time; they might have a heavy day ahead).
06[21:32] * @December makes a pleased sound at the look of that, before tugging at it to get it up over his head and reaching for one of his own. “Dey cannae ea’h alla fuds in par-ee, huss’ban’.”
[21:32] <@Anne_Montelepre> “C’mon. We’ve still got an appointment to make…and besides, I smell breakfast.”
01[21:34] <@Storyteller> <Chris> “Sounds like a plan, beautiful.”
[21:36] <@Hector`> They’ll have a go at it!
06[21:36] * @Hector` starts to take off again, before he finally stops, wincing as he limps back toward the closet.
06[21:37] * @December watches the limp, eyes narrowing suddenly.
06[21:42] * @Hector` pulls the door closed, only to pull it open a few seconds later, handing December a pair of her black silk panties. “These things chafe the fuck out of my balls.”
06[21:46] * @December shakes her head, laughing helplessly as she throws them back with her things, dressed herself in a flash as he eases his pains.
06[21:54] * @Anne_Montelepre slips on her heeled Relic boots and heads for the door, making her way down the tiny hotel’s somewhat narrow stairs.
01[18:50] <@Storyteller> <Stragglers in correct panties begin to meander down towards the alluring scent of food, drawn by such if nothing else, as even a bedraggled Madison and as usual picture perfect Brynn arrive in the lobby, where Wraxian and Shinjiro (and anyone else to knows best) is heftily laying into the food spread.>
06[18:51] * @Wraxian occasionally looks over her shoulder, where she seems to think Michael – and later, Victoria, are, but she doesn’t comment. She hasn’t made a sound since she awoke, not that that might be anything particularly unusual for her.
06[18:52] * @Hector` beelines straight for the buffet.
01[18:53] <@Storyteller> <Michael remains occupying a comfy chair, entirely not appreciating it, because he is too miserably focused on Wraxian to do things like enjoy the comforts of former life. Victoria moves to join him, and they speak in low, curious tones while the buffet is set upon by probably everyone else.>
06[18:54] * @Damion_Cross , with only a coffee cup and a beignet to his name, briefly considers the spread…then shrugs, refills his coffee mug to three-quarters, adds a shot of rum from his flask, and resumes tormenting Shinjiro via his very presence.
06[18:56] * @Anne_Montelepre draws her attention from her full plate for a moment, in order to check in with the Band’s new non-corporeal temporary members.
[19:04] <@Anne_Montelepre> *sotto voce* “Bonjour, mes vieux. ”
06[19:04] * @Shinjiro-kun is too busy eating crepes to be tormented.
01[19:06] <@Storyteller> <Michael and Victoria look up to Anne, nodding and smiling in varying degrees of sincerity. Victoria looks enthralled with the prospects of the day, while Michael just… looks like someone kicked his puppy and he’s trying to wave it off to keep the peace, really.>
06[19:08] * @December is right beside Hector, devouring food anything meat-centric with gusto and not a small amount of lewd sounds.
01[19:09] <@Storyteller> <Brynn picks at a few crepes, beside Shinjiro, while Madison and Chris join in the somewhat piranaha-like orgy of mastication.>
[19:15] <@Anne_Montelepre> *still whispering, between the bites* “Don’t worry…soon as we get this message….we’re off and hunting.”
01[19:19] <@Storyteller> <Both ghosts nod, their translucent eyes shining for very diffeent reasons.>
06[19:26] * @Hector` drinks an entire hoggle of coffee.
01[19:28] <@Storyteller> `’•{{ …hoggle? }}•’`
[19:29] <@Damion_Cross> ((French for “airpot.” Really. ^_- ))
[19:35] <@Shinjiro-kun> (;D)
[19:36] <@December> “Oi, leef sum fer dah ress’uv us!”
01[19:42] <@Storyteller> <The hotel staff has gathered in a small bundle , ducked mostly in safety behind the front desk, watching with wide eyes.>
06[19:47] * @Shinjiro-kun looks up at the commotion. “I believe that we will be requiring more coffee.”
01[19:50] <@Storyteller> <One brave hotel staffer reaches up and types at the main computer for a moment, and a huge cart of fresh coffee rolls out from the kitchens a few minutes later, though the cook doing the wheeling stops abruptly, stunned at the feeding frenzy on display.>
06[19:56] * @Damion_Cross flashes the staffer pushing the cart a fairly friendly-yet-menacing grin, one that suggested that he (and his friends) might consume him/her shortly if he didn’t get said coffee in place.
01[19:59] <@Storyteller> <Said staffer finishes his journey rather quickly after that look, before diving into the rest of the pack of hoteliers to cower.>
[20:08] <@Hector`> So, anybody know where we’re supposed to meet our peeps today?
[20:11] <@December> “Fr’yr sed sun’rize, outsi’da tha siddi.”
06[20:12] * @December speaks around a mouthfull of sausage, bacon, and eggs.
06[20:14] * @Anne_Montelepre blanches.
[20:14] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Wait…what time IS it, anyway?…”
06[20:17] * @Wraxian makes a few keystrokes on her PLD, holding up the display towards Anne, large blue font on a glowing silver background reading 06:42. Outside, the sky is beginning to lighten.
[20:18] <@Anne_Montelepre> *loudly* “Guys?? We gotta go, NOW!”
[20:20] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((Please, start playing your chase/hurry-up music of choice….now. XD ))
[20:20] <@December> `’•{{ <Blumenkranz> }}•’`
[20:21] <@Hector`> (<Guns & Roses>)
[20:21] <@Hector`> Fuck me… let’s move!
06[20:22] * @Shinjiro-kun diligently puts his dishes into the proper place before he dashes off toward the door.
[20:22] <@Logicalmob> ((https://youtu.be/d2FkuE4eS0Q))
[20:23] <@December> `’•{{ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57S0q4lUsTY }}•’`
06[20:27] * @December stuffs another devilled egg into one cheek, before she grabs two hoggles of coffee and slams one and then the other down her gullet, flashing a V for the hoteliers with her middle and index fingers before she jogs out the side doors to the alley where the bus is parked.
06[20:29] * @Anne_Montelepre does just as she said, running for the door (remains of her second plate in hand), motioning briefly with her free hand for the ghosts to wait there for the moment.
06[20:30] * @Damion_Cross shrugs apologetically at the front desk staff, finishes his coffee, and walks thwards the door refusing to be hurried until he was outside at least.
[20:30] <@Damion_Cross> *to anyone in earshot* “Where’d we park again?”
01[20:32] <@Storyteller> <Chris rolls his eyes> “In the alley!” <He swallows a last few handfuls of whatever Chris eats, probably mostly sweets, before chasing after everyone else, followed shortly after by Madison and Brynn, the ghosts staying put, standing just inside the doors for the moment.>
[20:34] <@Hector`> ( https://youtu.be/_F5459jCtuM )
[20:37] <@Hector`> Move, move, move!
06[20:37] * @Hector` continues to haul ass, his cape somehow covering his stone arm… most of the time.
06[20:40] * @Damion_Cross , ever too cool for school goes in the opposite direction, stepping into a corner that the rising sun’s light hasn’t quite yet reached–
06[20:41] * @Wraxian looks up at the cowering hoteliers, tilting her head slightly to the side. After a moment, she bows her head, by way of apology, perhaps, fiddling with her PLD before nodding one more time to them and turning to head for the AWV.
[20:41] <@Damion_Cross> ((1L for a quick Shadow Step to catch up with the head of the formation.))
[20:43] <@Wraxian> `’•{{ 10-4 }}•’`
06[20:52] * @Shinjiro-kun keeps running to the transport. The need to hurry is not lost on him.
06[20:54] * @Anne_Montelepre continues running (though not quite full-tilt, lest someone see and realize something unnatural is about).
[20:54] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Wait–shit. can we get there in time?”
[20:54] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Can try to fly and hold’m otherwise–”
[21:04] <@Shinjiro-kun> I can’t imagine why not, if Wraxian lets them in.
06[21:05] * @December swings up into the cab, quickly flipping switches and revving up the engine.
06[21:06] * @Wraxian looks up at the mention of her name, as she settles at her workstation at the back of the main compartment.
06[21:19] * @Anne_Montelepre all but dives into the MWV, motioning for Chris to follow.
01[21:20] <@Storyteller> <Chris, Madison, and Brynn clamber up quickly into the passenger area, buckling in smartly.>
06[21:21] * @Damion_Cross shakes his head at the (not entirely unwelcome) display of four rear ends in quick succession, before climbing in himself.
06[21:22] * @Shinjiro-kun boards as well, watching Wraxian. “Our unclean followers will require admittance.”
06[21:22] * @Hector` takes his seat in the cab, buckling down immediately.
06[21:23] * @Wraxian draws her brows together, her gaze meeting Shinjiros, shaking her head slowly.
06[21:25] * @Anne_Montelepre shakes her head.
[21:25] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Naah, told them to wait till we got back.”
[21:26] <@Anne_Montelepre> “And…’unclean’?? They’re dead through no fault of their own!”
06[21:28] * @December does a fast headcount, notes the conversation about the ghosts and Wraxian’s refusal and seems to know better than to delay further, popping the AWV into gear and preparing to tear out of the alley and out onto the streets.
06[21:30] * @Shinjiro-kun gives Anne a confused glance. “Why does that matter?”
06[21:33] * @Anne_Montelepre also looks confised…and increasingly angry. “You make it sound as if they did something wrong to end up that way!”
01[21:41] <@Storyteller> <Brynn watches Shinjiro with soft, sad dark eyes, choosing not to contribute to the conversation at this time.>
06[21:43] * @Shinjiro-kun shakes his head. “Death corrupts the soul. It is a sad thing.”
06[21:51] * @Anne_Montelepre actually tries to rise from her seat at this; only the restraints stop her short — and, perhaps, realize just to what degree she was bristling at Shinjiro’s last. She settles back in, forcibly keeping her response verbal only.
[21:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> “If you feel that the soul is corrupted by the inevitible consequence of life………then yes, it is sad indeed.”
06[22:07] * @Shinjiro-kun shrugs his shoulders a little. “Everything has to come to an end, sooner or later. ’tis better to enjoy that what we have than to pine for that which was lost.”
[22:17] <@Shinjiro-kun> (Shinto is fun!)
06[17:54] * @December listens to the tense conversation piping over the front compartment’s speakers with her jaw set and one ear twitching. She clearly cannot wait to get the Hades out of Paris in specific and France in general. It does awful things to everyone’s attitudes. Just as she thumps the AWV into gear and revs the engine to pull away, she quickly slams on the brake again, the entire rig lurching violently, accompanied unsurprisingly with a loud roar of “KUSO!” as she stares with wide eyes out the front windscreen.
[17:57] <@Hector`> I don’t see any fire rats… shit!
06[17:57] * @Hector` grips the dashboard as he glares at the thing that made December panic.
06[17:57] * @Shinjiro-kun looks around from his seat in the back, narrowing his gaze. “What is it, Sensei? Can you hear me? Sensei? SENSEIIIIIIIIIII?!?!?!?!”
06[17:58] * @Anne_Montelepre is thrown forward violently, thankfully she’d buckled in. “What th’ hell–!?”
[18:01] <@Damion_Cross> “…And this is why they don’t give driver’s lisences to furry woodland creatures…ouch, and I need this neck still–”
01[18:04] <@Storyteller> <Madison grips Brynn’s hands tightly, peering around with the others.
01[18:04] <@Storyteller> <Chris> Sh– what the hell?!”
06[18:05] * @Wraxian shudders faintly and closes her eyes.
06[18:06] * @December breathes shallowly, reigning herself in for a few moments before she leans over towards some percieved microphone (despite the fact that they can already hear her anyways). “Uh- Chrissyfer- and.. uhn, feck… Matty….er… ah t’ink yer.. uh.. yeh migh’ wanna step ou’ a min…”
06[18:07] * @Hector` leans out the window, opting to yell at the figure trying to be a new hood ornament. “Hey, we’re drivin’ here!”
01[18:10] <@Storyteller> <Madison and Chris blink, looking at each other, and their significant others, with confusion, Chris hurrying and Madison moving slowly to unbuckle.>
06[18:11] * @Anne_Montelepre immediately unbuckles aw well, following close behind.
06[18:11] * @Shinjiro-kun also unbuckles, out of curiosity more than anything else.
06[18:13] * @Damion_Cross gets out as well, muttering a bit….well, crossly under his breath.
[18:14] <@Damion_Cross> “…’pecifically scheduled the Cordite-Reeking Shootout With Police to take place — if at all — after we got to the airport!–”
01[18:14] <@Storyteller> <Chris manages to get out first, and as he climbs- veritcally OVER the roof, like the monkey he is- a joyous cry erupts from his throat as he flying-tackles (a bit more literally than is usual) his mother, somehow keeping her perch alluringly on the hood of the vehicle, catching her son and cuddling him closely.>
01[18:16] <@Storyteller> <Standing a bit more like a normal being – if yet twelve feet tall- is a matronly redhead in old world clothing, in front of the AWV, patience and fire incarnate, waiting for her own son to come around the side to see her.>
06[18:21] * @Shinjiro-kun just eyes Damion like the man is an idiot.
06[18:24] * @Anne_Montelepre releases a breath she didn’t realize she was holding, sighing in relief and greeting their visitors, both of whom she’s seen before. “Hello again.”
01[18:27] <@Storyteller> <Noelle smirks, winking at Anne over Chris’ attempts to smother her, rocking him a little, gently. Brigid welcomes Madison in a warm (somewhat literally, as her hair flickers with flames) hug, lifting him off the ground into her arms.>
06[18:32] * @December just sits with her foot stomped hard on the brake and her knuckles white, fingers wrapped tight around the steering wheel, staring out the windshield in silence.
06[18:41] * @Hector` opts to join her, murmuring slightly. “The fuck did we do to get Brigid on our asses?”
06[18:43] * @December shakes her head gently. “S’ee wuz ah’t tha rall’eh. Iunno. Wha’s eiddur uh’dem wans? We’re gunna miz’tha sun’rize.”
[18:44] <@Hector`> Do you wanna try telling them that? I already tried to pull a Midnight Cowboy and it didn’t get a blink.
06[18:48] * @December blinks at Hector, repeatedly, trying to thoroughly sort out that reference. After a moment, instead, she honks the AWV’s horn. Loudly, Leaning out the window. “We gadda dawn tah catch, lay’deez!”
06[18:51] * @Anne_Montelepre clears her throat…and did she look grave, all of a sudden?
[18:51] <@Shinjiro-kun> I am afraid that I must echo my companions’ words. As nice as it is to see the both of you, we have a meeting to make, of grave importance.
[18:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Umm…yeah. I don’t mean to interrupt…but what’s going on?”
01[18:53] <@Storyteller> <Brigid gives December a Look (which the Kitsune dutifully shrinks slightly from), setting Madison down lightly. She bends a bit, whispering in his ear softly. He looks startled, his eyes immediately overflowing. He keeps his voice low, but seems to be protesting whatever she said with his own flavor of gentle passion, but seems to quickly find his mother is sympathetic, but stoic, shaking her head gently and whispering to him again.>
01[18:56] <@Storyteller> <Noelle keeps ahold of one of Chris’ wrists, though she is mostly subtle about it. For the normally jubilant and defiant of life Goddess, her serious look speaks for her, even before she does speak.> “Apologies, it sucks to take you all -in flagrante- and such, but I kinda need to ‘borrow’ my kid for a bit.”
06[19:09] * @Anne_Montelepre raises an eyebrow, forcing calm despite the realization that her worst fear — one of them, anyway — was manifesting in front of her. “‘Borrow’?”
[19:12] <@Shinjiro-kun> You cannot pass a person around like a library book!
06[19:13] * @Hector` sighs, and sighs hard, before he leans out the window again. “First, with all due respect, Officer… you do everything en fuego. Secondly, we kinda need him. Both of them. We’re supposed to be doing jobs for the pantheons to pay penance for whatever the fuck we did. It wouldn’t be feasible to do it two men down.”
06[19:20] * @Anne_Montelepre finds herself clambering atop the vehicle, again before she realizes it: her only surprise is at the fact she didn’t fly (and announce her presence and emotional state to the entire Ile-de-France in the process). “Y-you can’t–!”
01[19:34] <@Storyteller> <Noelle – And Brigid- both raise their brows, looking to Anne, then Shinjiro, Hector, and finally back to Anne. Brigid speaks slowly, and deliberately.> “She can, and she must. This is the friendly request, children. Please acquiesce without so much fuss.” <She is looking down at Madison, her green eyes stern but understanding, her hands lightly wrapped around his upper arms and partially, his back, as she lifts her gaze back to Hector, acknowledging his inquiry.> “Your odds will remain as they were before. The Bureaucracy is considering whether this sacrifice will satisfy your debt to them, but be certain that of these requests, theirs is of the most… insistent. They are to seek the boy’s sire. The Easterners are… very… eager to speak with him.”
[19:36] <@Hector`> Yeah, well, they’re not the fuckin’ only ones. If Diddy Kong has gone to ground this fuckin’ bad, then I want words with him too.
[19:36] <@Hector`> BEFORE the Bureaucrats strap him down underneath a leaky faucet, ya dig?
01[19:40] <@Storyteller> <Chris looks at Anne, aware that his mother has a firm grip on his arm, clearly uncertain of what the right thing to do is.> “My dad… We’re going to find him?”
01[19:41] <@Storyteller> <Madison hisses softly to his mother, arguing still despite her request.>
[19:41] <@Shinjiro-kun> We do not have time to start a conflict.
[19:41] <@Anne_Montelepre> “You’re?! — Then I’m coming with you!”
01[19:45] <@Storyteller> <Chris looks up to his mother, his eyes pleading for him, tears spearing down his cheeks as he watches her shake her head.> “Like your bud said, honey… the rest of them are going to need all the power they can muster for… whatever else that you’re going to be up against. We need to go… and they need, to stay.”
[19:52] <@Anne_Montelepre> “Then we’ll take them, AND HIM!! That was the whole point of this, wasn’t it, what we were equipped like this for!? Anyone — anyTHING! — else you want, too! We’ll do it, we’ll do it ourselves….just please, don’t–!”
06[19:53] * @Anne_Montelepre had sunken to her knees at this point, her voice quickly disolving past the point of coherency, though the meaning couldn’t be plainer.
01[19:58] <@Storyteller> <Noelle reaches out, pulling Anne up and into a tight embrace with herself and her son, whispering softly,> “It won’t be forever, dearheart. We’ll keep him safe for you. Me’n Nuke.”
06[20:00] * @Shinjiro-kun folds his arms over his chest, shaking his head. “Like Chie and my father.”
06[20:12] * @Hector` exhales another heavy sigh. “Anne. I don’t think that’s how this one’s going down. Otherwise, Brigid would have just taken the wheel.”
06[20:12] * @Anne_Montelepre snuggles into the both of them (especially Chris), finally managing to bring drowning eyes, asking/threatening/PLEADING for her to conform that promise.
01[20:15] <@Storyteller> <Noelle hugs the young woman tightly, nodding softly.>
06[20:19] * @December can’t look, leaning forward to rest her forehead on the steering wheel.
06[20:22] * @Anne_Montelepre , trying to blink away tears, partially disentangles herself from Noelle and Chris both, as she reaches down to her right hand, attempting to budge loose a ring that has perched on her right ring finger for…years, it seems.
01[20:23] <@Storyteller> <Chris and Noelle both sit back, equally damp-eyed, watching.>
06[20:23] * @Anne_Montelepre swears under her breath as she works the Relic loose. “C-Chris?…I know this is stupid, but please…”
06[20:25] * @Shinjiro-kun turns and makes his way back toward their conveyance.
01[20:32] <@Storyteller> <Brigid tsks softly, beckoning a mostly hiding bean sidhe over to Madison’s side and gesturing for them both to stay put, a single stride seeming to take her across the space at the front end of the truck, idly working free a pair of gold bands from the handful of small braids woven throughout her hair.> “That’ll nae do, missus. Touching, yes, buh as yeh sed… ye’ll be needin’ alla yer gifts. These’re nah mah son, buh t’would be poor taste to leave you all without a bit’a sumpin. An a course…” <She trails off, gently pressing two simple golden bands, engraved with celctic knots, into Anne’s palm.>
06[20:39] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks as the Goddess presses the bands into her free hand, even as she pushes the Ring into Chris’.
01[20:42] <@Storyteller> <Chris reaches out and takes the ring pulled from Anne’s finger, and snatches up one of the gold ones, quickly taking his opportunity to grasp her left hand and slide BOTH her original ring and one of the gold onto her ring finger.>
06[20:45] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks, startled by both Chris’ gesture…and the fact that he performed it on the “wrong” hand for this , but… “Wha? You’re!?–”
01[20:47] <@Storyteller> <Chris scratches his head, looking a little bemused, a wavering smile trying to make up for his- maybe- gaffe?> “Uh.. I… isn’t that… what you were going to do…?”
06[20:52] * @Hector` covers his face with his palm.
01[20:53] <@Storyteller> <Noelle hides whatever look is on her face behind her own hand.>
06[20:58] * @Anne_Montelepre responds by taking his head in her hands with a strength known only to 1) the truly insane or 2) a sufficiently lovesick teenager, and kissing him fiercely.
01[21:02] <@Storyteller> <Chris melts against her, holding onto her like it might be the last time.>
06[21:03] * @Hector` averts his gaze.
01[21:03] <@Storyteller> <Brigid huffs softly, but her eyes are bright, too.> “Even augment’n this thin’s natural fields, ah cannae hold tha dawn ferever, lovelies.”
06[21:08] * @Anne_Montelepre , reluctantly, separates drawing back and trying to muster some sort of reserve. She opens her mouth, trying desperately to say something, anything…..but nothing comes out, try as she might, her mouth opening and closing as it might, her wet cheeks her only goodbye.
06[21:09] * @Hector` grumbles a bit, not wanting to yell at Anne to get in the car while also wanting to yell at Anne to get in the car.
01[21:13] <@Storyteller> <Chris gives a wink very like his mother’s, and leans to whisper to her quietly.> “You can give me the other one when I get back, love.” <Noelle’s hand squeezes his shoulder, and with a slight breeze that poufs Anne’s hair lightly, Chris and Noelle are gone from the hood of the vehicle, the press of his cheek against Anne’s there, and then gone.>
01[21:18] <@Storyteller> <Brigid doesn’t wait for much more preamble, striding back to Madison, and Brynn. Madison- unfortunately belatedly- seems to break out of his enrapture at the spectacle of Anne and Chris, as Brigid’s hand falls on his own shoulder.> “–Wait!! I didn’t say goodbye– I- WRAXIAN?!” <Madison’s voice sharply becomes flooded with desperation, as if he is overwhlemed with a realization he may never get his chance to make things right with his Pretty Kitty. His words are strangled pleas as he attempts and fails to pull away from his mother.> “WRA–” <And then, they, too, are gone, and the small alley is quiet, and normal, and empty, again.>
06[21:19] * @Hector` springs into action once Brigid depomfs. “GET IN THE DANG-BLASTED CAR!”
06[21:21] * @Damion_Cross , silent throughout all this, reaches into his Suit’s pocket, withdraws the battered Flask, and takes an EXTRA-long pull before he does so,
06[21:29] * @Anne_Montelepre blinks, responding to Hector’s command as if it is coming across a distance almost too far away for her to hear. It takes her a moment for her to get back into the AWV, the tears still visible on her face, but her expression blank.
06[21:30] * @Shinjiro-kun is seated in his chair, looking remarkably similar to Anne.
[21:41] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((For the record, I swear I didn’t mean to take as long as I did with this.))
[21:41] <@Conall`Curach> (It happened orgasmically.)
[21:41] <@Conall`Curach> (Organically.)
[21:41] <@Conall`Curach> (Both.)
[21:42] <@Anne_Montelepre> ((o_O;; ))
06[21:46] * @December makes sure anyone outside the truck is back inside it before she sets into gear again, her facade so perfectly smooth and emotionless it is clear that it will shatter at the bareest breath as she manuevers the AWV at ludricrous speeds out of the tiny alley and through the streets of Paris.
06[21:46] * @Wraxian simply sits at the back of the main compartment, silent and without reaction.. to any of it.
06[21:47] * @Hector` is also quiet, but maybe he just doesn’t have a witty quip this time. Next time, though….

Advertisements

About T.L. Maslar

One prefers the word 'enigmatic', but 'more than a bit odd' works just as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s